Well, as the bullying starts once again, my programming juices are flowing!

My latest project is pseudo-rpg or pserpg for short

http://img714.imageshack.us/i/iseghseirghs.gif/

bah, the tags are probably broken anyways... why is imageshack failing so hard?[/url]

Edit by Tanner: Ok, to use imageshack to upload pictures, you have to A) Upload the picture B) use the *direct link* to the picture C) Put that link in [img] tags. If your link ends in a "/" like it does right now then A) go to the link B) right click on the image C) Select "Copy Image Location" D) Put in your post with [img] tags.
I'd suggest perhaps spacing your text to make it more legible. And perhaps posting some stills of the project here. Perhaps adding actual details. As what one may gather from a gif is minimal at best.

What is the user interaction here?
CDI wrote:
I'd suggest perhaps spacing your text to make it more legible. And perhaps posting some stills of the project here. Perhaps adding actual details. As what one may gather from a gif is minimal at best.

What is the user interaction here?
Seconded on all the points and questions here. Also, how is PseudoRPG shortened to PesRPG? Razz
well atm, all you can do is go around and stab with a knife...

also, at some random moments a ] will appear but it does nothing...

I plan to soon have a battle system when everytime you move to another room there is a chance of fighting an enemy, and after fighting a few enemies, you will fight a boss (which gets you a weapon upgrade) and then a final boss, which then leads you out of the mansion

and I think I will move the text into a readme actually
*bump*

aw, come on, no feedback?

I would like some opinions
You still haven't answered Kerm's question about PsuedoRPG being shortened to PesRPG Razz Btw, I edited your post to show how you use imageshack. I second CDI and Kerm's opinions about having more details. Like, what is the point of the game? What are you trying to do? Save some random person? (Btw, I didn't finish watching the screenie because it was just some guy moving around for a long time...)
I changed it player Razz

and yea, that is all it is, so far

I plan to add some enemies when I get this one routine down >.>
qazz42 wrote:
I changed it player Razz

and yea, that is all it is, so far

I plan to add some enemies when I get this one routine down >.>

It sounds like a great idea, and I see you are going for a horror/Castlevania type game. I suggest you don't break the words in the intro, but rather move the word to the next line so it is not cut. How is the size and speed so far on-calc?
size isnt too bad and it is pretty fast atm

and yea it is slightly based off of dawn of sorrow.. but ever so slightly
qazz42 wrote:
size isnt too bad and it is pretty fast atm

and yea it is slightly based off of dawn of sorrow.. but ever so slightly
That's fair. Perhaps I didn't read the topic carefully enough, but I'm still a bit vague on the genre and storyline. Could you clarify?
Well the point of the game is to get out of the mansion and regain your memory

there are enemies trying to kill you

after fighting some enemies you fight a boss, after you fight a final boss and get the heck out of there

the end
Are you planning to add a few graphics (including home screen) as the game will progress btw?
most likly, yes, but that is for later Smile
*bump*

got the main enemy system down Very Happy
qazz42 wrote:
*bump*

got the main enemy system down Very Happy
Three hours is not a valid bump for a post that doesn't add anything terribly groundbreaking, Qazz. Razz At any rate, congrats on getting the main enemy system down, and I hope you'll show us some screenshots of this work-in-progress in the near future. I second DJ Omnimaga's wish for some nice in-game graphics, either on the graphscreen or the homescreen.
well, it is big for me Sad

yeah, screenies + graphics soon Very Happy
sounds pretty cool. Can't wait for more news on progress and maybe screenshots? Very Happy
qazz42 wrote:

/me can't wait!
qazz42 wrote:

It would have been worthier of a bump had you provided a more detailed description and/or screenshots and/or a timeline, or really any more detailed information at all.
ah, sorry then, did not know. Oh well, bump rules learned

now, how would I condense
Code:
If A=1 or A=2 or A=3 or A=4 or A=5

?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours