I've successfully made my moon lander program on my TI84+SE, and I've started a new parachuter game. trouble is, i use ClrDraw to clear the frame every second or so. BUT ITS SOOOO SLOW Mad . How can i fix this so that only one small part of the screen is cleared? I've tried Text(Y,X," ", but that failed. Oh, and P.S. im making all the images with the Line(X,Y,X-(something),Y-(something). Anyone know how to speed up the refresh rate? Thanks for any reply!

-rcplanegy TI-84+ SE
You can add an extra argument to the Line() command:

Line(x1,y1,x2,y2,0)

this erases the line and btw it is ClrDraw, not ClrHome.
so...
:Line(X,Y,X-[something],Y-[something],0)

this will work? just add a zero at the end???
Yes, a 0 at the end draws a white line, instead of a black one.
It doesn't matter what the 2 coordinates are, the command just draws a white line.
Ninja'd
Oh.... WOW... i never knew... so wait do i need to draw a normal line, such as
:Line(X,Y,X-[something],Y-[something]

Then after that include the same code but with a 0? or if i put a zero will it draw a black line, then clear it?

edit: how am i ninja'd? Confused
1 at the end draws a black line, 0 at the end draws a white line

ninja'd means I'm ninja'd not you
k. got it. thanks for the help!

Edit: oh ok scared me there thought i was missing something Razz
And you can therefore obviously draw a bunch of white lines to blank out a rectangular area. You can also use the Doors CS / xLib function DrawShape:

http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php?title=BasicLibs:DrawShape

BTW, make sure you upload your Moon Lander program, with a readme and in a zip file, to the Cemetech archives, and post a topic with screenshots!
Seconded: you should absolutely utilize xLib functionality,
Also, I would recommend using sprites instead of redrawing your character/moon-lander. That way, you can just draw it once, and then have xLib place it wherever you need.
rthprog wrote:
Seconded: you should absolutely utilize xLib functionality,
Also, I would recommend using sprites instead of redrawing your character/moon-lander. That way, you can just draw it once, and then have xLib place it wherever you need.
Definitely, Rthprog is spot-on. Here's the link to the lists of available Hybrid functions in Doors CS:

http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php?title=DCSB_Libs
http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php?title=Third-Party_BASIC_Libraries
k so i have to install dcslibs... Question
If you have the shell Doors CS 7 on your calc, go into the Options and turn them on. They should work then. And, to clarify, you do not NEED to have these libs. They only make your life much easier.
Raylin wrote:
If you have the shell Doors CS 7 on your calc, go into the Options and turn them on. They should work then. And, to clarify, you do not NEED to have these libs. They only make your life much easier.
Precisely. As Raylin said, there's nothing to install if you have Doors CS installed, and conversely, you don't have to use the DCSB Libs even if you're running under Doors CS.
so how do i make it so that xlib recalls my pic? oh, and no, its really a crappy game, id think you want it in the archives Razz
rcplanegy wrote:
so how do i make it so that xlib recalls my pic? oh, and no, its really a crappy game, id think you want it in the archives Razz

real(3,<Pic number ranging from 0-255, with 0 corresponding to Pic0 and 9 corresponding to Pic9>,<Logic 0-3, in your case I think you should choose 0>,<Update Screen-1 Do not update screen-0>
http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php?title=BasicLibs:RecallPic
Souvik is spot-on. And don't forget, you're using the xLib functions to recall the picture, but Doors CS 7 is emulating the xLib functions, so it's actually DCS recalling your pic. Wink
Raylin wrote:
I thought they were turned ON by default as soon as you ran Doors the first time? Confused
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
Raylin wrote:
I thought they were turned ON by default as soon as you ran Doors the first time? Confused

My thoughts exactly...I'm pretty sure they are...
rthprog wrote:
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
Raylin wrote:

My thoughts exactly...I'm pretty sure they are...
They are indeed. Raylin's instructions only apply if you happened to have turned them off for some reason.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours