Copy/paste into SC (Source Coder), export. Smile
o k ty i think i can program in all the extras i just really needed it to run faster
Hmm, repeat and while loops are faster, I do beleive that gotos work by scannign the prgm from top to bottom, which can take a while >.">
qazz42 wrote:
Hmm, repeat and while loops are faster, I do beleive that gotos work by scannign the prgm from top to bottom, which can take a while >.">

That is correct. However, Goto's alone don't create memory leaks. (cf. TI-81 BASIC, which doesn't have Then, While, Repeat, For(, and probably others)
So, in conclusion

~use gotos properly
~never use stop
~I like jello

Edit by Tanner: The jello part was completely random, and uneeded. Smile
qazz42 wrote:
So, in conclusion

~use gotos properly
~never use stop
That sounds about right to me. Also use Repeat, While, and For when possible, because Goto incurs the cost of going through the whole program from the top every time you hit a Goto.
which, slows the program >.<
qazz42 wrote:
which, slows the program >.<
Indeed, which in some cases is ok if it saves you some complexity and it's not a Goto that you'll be constantly hitting. If it is, for example, your inner movement loop, however, it's a very bad thing.
unless you want it so that your ship gets slower each time...
qazz42 wrote:
unless you want it so that your ship gets slower each time...
Using a Goto wouldn't make your ship go slower each time; it would make it equally slow the whole time. Using memory-leaky code would make it slower each time, but that's not the right way to do that, obviously.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours