just shopping around for some libs and apps, wondering especially about crunchy OS, dsclib, etc.
Could you be more specific, perhaps, as to what you are looking for?
Do you want information, or are you looking for things to put on your calculator?
Also, I am not sure what you mean by dsclib. Do you mean the DCSB Libs (documented here: http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php?title=DCSB_Libs)?
I think he wants to know about the various OS's and ASM Libs.
errr, chrunchyOS is just another shell, why use it when you can have DCS!

as for apps, I cant think of any >.> other than DCS

(for programs though, remote8x is pretty cool, lets you control other people's calcs...)
There's a Portal demo app that someone posted around here a while ago that's kinda cool. But since it's a demo, with only one level, it gets boring once you beat it. Which took me about 30 seconds.
Well, I suggest the contest winners of the DCS contest 7, found here, as they were all good games.
All you need is DCS7! As for APPS, have you tried virtualboy? It can run gameboy games like Legend of Zelda! Take a look through the archives of cemetech and ticalc.org to find some good ones.
xxepic, I think you mean TI-Boy

also, try virtual calc

that is a good one
qazz42 wrote:
xxepic, I think you mean TI-Boy

also, try virtual calc

that is a good one

Hehe, I mixed those two together, my bad. Virtual boy is an emulator for windows...
oh! emu8x is pretty a good

sadly, newer calcs can only emulate a TI-85/81 properly because of stoopidz TI
For both rcplanegy will need to make sure the calc has the full 128KB of RAM. (If it's an 83+, then... yeah)
Program to test for extra RAM (will crash an 83+)
Quote:
And somewhere around here is a program to test if you have 128KB or 48KB of RAM...
* calcdude goes and finds

Edit: Found it.
http://www.omnimaga.org/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1129.0;attach=2134
Directions:
Quote:
I made another one Razz
It's designed to be run from the homescreen with Asm(
If you have XRAM, the program will return, saying nothing.
If you don't, it'll say FAILED, and then return.

Both quotes are mine, btw.
rcplanegy wrote:
just shopping around for some libs and apps, wondering especially about crunchy OS, dsclib, etc.
If you're curious about Hybrid libraries to extend TI-BASIC, Doors CS offers built-in support for xLib, Celtic III, PicArc, the DCSB Libs, and partial Omnicalc support. Check out the following two pages:

http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php?title=Third-Party_BASIC_Libraries
http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php?title=DCSB_Libs
hmm, speaking of which, I was always wondering what you meant by "partial omnicalc support"

omnicalc had its own libs?
qazz42 wrote:
hmm, speaking of which, I was always wondering what you meant by "partial omnicalc support"

omnicalc had its own libs?
Yup, Omnicalc had a bunch of different functions one could use, first through custom tokens, later one of the first program to use real(...) functions.
I think Doors only include the ExecAsm, Sound and Sprite functions, right? The addition of Omnicalc partial support to Doors made me very happy, as I got some Omnicalc games made before xLIB was even an app Very Happy. I also remember seeing some other Omnicalc games on Ticalc.org like a DDR clone that was not too bad.
That's correct, DJ Omni. Indeed, I noticed some of those as well, and indeed used them to test the Doors CS support for the functions that it does support. Smile
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
I think Doors only include the ExecAsm, Sound and Sprite functions, right? The addition of Omnicalc partial support to Doors made me very happy, as I got some Omnicalc games made before xLIB was even an app Very Happy. I also remember seeing some other Omnicalc games on Ticalc.org like a DDR clone that was not too bad.

Didnt you make a DDR clone if my memory serves me right?
qazz42 wrote:
DJ Omnimaga wrote:

Didnt you make a DDR clone if my memory serves me right?
He did indeed; It's called xLib xLib Revolution, and it of course runs nicely under Doors CS. There's also his Super Mario Smash dance game that's sorta like DDR:

v
whoa whoa whoa whoa. whoa. did you just say DCS7 can play SOUND sprites??? so i could put simple monotones in my games??? <assuming i had a speaker, which i do>?
Nah those DDR clones did not have sound. There aren't any DDR clone for calcs that have sound. They are more button mashing games in their current state. However I am sure it would be possible to have some sort of sound in a calc DDR-type game.
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
Nah those DDR clones did not have sound. There aren't any DDR clone for calcs that have sound. They are more button mashing games in their current state. However I am sure it would be possible to have some sort of sound in a calc DDR-type game.
Indeed, but that's not what he was asking if I understood correctly. Smile I think he wants to know if he can use the Omnicalc libraries to put sound in his own programs via Doors CS. The answer is "sorta", but I'd recommend waiting until you're a BASIC master, learning ASM, and doing it that way instead.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours