We hope you'll enjoy learning a completely new language.
Qwerty.55 wrote:
We hope you'll enjoy learning a completely new language.
Which, SH3 ASM? I was thinking of at first punting on the issue and just writing C with the toolchains that Tari and Jonimus were discussing, then start worrying about SH3 ASM when it came time to write a CALCnet port. What do you think; is that feasible?
Yep. Actually, we already have headers that will allow compilation to .g3a files.
Qwerty.55 wrote:
Yep. Actually, we already have headers that will allow ompilation to .g3a files.
But the signing is still lacking, right? The last time we talked about it here the CRC remained unsolved; I'm assuming that's still the case?
Yep.
Qwerty.55 wrote:
Yep.
a, that's unfortunate. Sad And it's impossible to load the add-ins until that is solved, correct? Well, if and when I get mine, which might be a birthday present to myself next week since my birthday is next week, I'll have to devote some attention to the problem.
No, you can load add-ins. The only thing is that the checksum has to be the same as the original add-in.

BTW: Happy early Birthday.
Qwerty.55 wrote:
No, you can load add-ins. The only thing is that the checksum has to be the same as the original add-in.

Thanks! Hehe, you mean just artificially pad the program to have a checksum equal to that of an existing add-in with a known CRC? Since there's that giant gap that you can't use, I guess that's not a terrible workaroudn.
Qwerty.55 wrote:

I assume this also means the add-in will always be located at the exact same spot in the menu/memory and that if you install another add-in on your calc it will overwrite it, right? I noticed this happened when I installed the memory viewer thing.
I was under the impression that it just did memory mapping, just like every TI app gets executed at $4000 by remapping which ROM page is in Bank 0. Is this incorrect?
Hi, what Graphing Calculator would be good for Computer Engineering? In reality is more of a mix of Computer Science and Computer Engineering, for example the program includes lots of algorithms and artificial intelligence.

The choices are:
-TI-Nspire CAS
The best display and hardware. Lacks 3D Graphing, Graphing Differential Equations, Engineering Apps (like ME*Pro) and Symbolic Math Guide (SMG) and TI-Nspire’s programming capabilities are not as robust as the TI-89… yet. But all of these will probably be solved since Nspire Models are now opened to Third-Party Development, or even by an update of the OS by TI.
Also is it true that the TI-Nspire CAS doesn't give exact values (square roots are always returned as decimals rather than simplified)?

-TI-89 Titanium
The TI-89 Titanium have what the TI-Nspire CAS lacks.

-Casio PRIZM fx-CG10 (Release in January)
Would the PRIZM fx-CG10 have most of the functions of the ClassPad 330? Should I wait for this one? Anyone have some information about this one.

-Casio ClassPad330
Comes with a stylus. The ClassPad 330 comes with all the functions of the ClassPad 300 including an impressive collection of applications that support self-study, like 3D Graphing, Geometry, eActivity for creating discovery based lessons and lots more. Additional features of the ClassPad 330 include upgraded CAS Technology and Geometry Application, new AP Statistics functionality, and three new applications: Differential Equation Graph, Financial and Probability.

-HP 50g Graphing Calculator
The ability to expand memory in the SD card slot, 3D Graphing, Laplace transforms which are the basis for solving many engineering problems, Fourier transforms, and special functions such as the one required for determining a factorial value for non-integers. Also programming in RPL.

So I would like to hear suggestions, difference between them, what things one have that the others don’t, etc. Also if you could provide good online stores, to purchase any of these calculators at good prices, since I’m from Venezuela and the access to foreign currency is limited here, so every penny is worth a lot. Maybe even physical retailers as long as they’re something like BestBuy, Walmart, etc because a cousin of mine is bringing the calculator from the US.
Geeknick, welcome to Cemetech! If you have a chance, it would be cool if you got a chance to Introduce Yourself in the relevant topic. Let me begin to answer your question by pointing you to Cemetech's Back-to-School 2011 Calculator Guide, which has the answer to a lot of your questions. Actually, the TI-Nspire does not have the best display or hardware; I'd personally give that honor to the Prizm, especially since unlike the Nspire it's not locked down, and programmers can do almost anything they want with the hardware. You're incorrect that the Nspire has been opened up to third-party development; you're still limited just to Lua, while the Prizm can be programmed in C without having to "jailbreak" the calculator. Not to mention that it's cheaper. The TI-89 Titanium is good if you want to use your calculator for electrical engineering-level math. I wasn't aware that the Classpad was still in active use, and I haven't personally used it. Take a look at the guide I linked, see if it answers any of your questions, and let us know what follow-up questions you might have.
To be perfectly honest, you really shouldn't need anything more than a TI-84+ for CSE if you have a regular computer of any sort. Also, most of those HP50 functions can be done fairly easily with a bit of programming on all of the rest of the calculators.

Quote:

3D Graphing

Okay, not particularly easy to program, but it's available for all the calcs except for the Prizm.

Quote:

...Laplace transforms which are the basis for solving many engineering problems...

Personally, I've never found a whole lot of use for them in my field at a practical level, but it's really just some integrals. Again, not the easiest thing in the world to program, but doable.

Quote:

Fourier transforms

The Discrete Fourier Transform, which is the Fourier Transform most people care about, is extremely easy to program if you don't mind using the naive algorithm. It took me about seven minutes to write, debug, and test a few days ago. The FFT is significantly harder, but still doable if you understand it.

Quote:

...special functions such as the one required for determining a factorial value for non-integers.

That's called the Gamma function and there are some extremely good approximations for it available. It only takes a few lines of code to get it working for real numbers.

Quote:

Also programming in RPL.

RPN isn't as fun as HP makes it sound...
JosJuice astutely pointed out that this is likely a bot; cf. the original question at Yahoo! Answers. Seems like an odd sort of bot, though; no obvious advertising.,

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 10 of 10
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours