Kllrnohj wrote:
qazz42 wrote:
oh jeez.... and considering how some people are not as mature as us

>.'>

(although, with the bmp viewer bwang made, it is not as hard on the nspire either)

Are you kidding? If I was still messing around with calculators I would totally make it my mission to get full video pr0n on that sucker.

I already entertained my fellow classmates with dozens of cartoon pr0n pics using the graphing functions on our TI-83s. You'd be surprised how much you can learn about functions and curves with that kind of motivation...
DShiznit wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:
qazz42 wrote:
oh jeez.... and considering how some people are not as mature as us

>.'>

(although, with the bmp viewer bwang made, it is not as hard on the nspire either)

Are you kidding? If I was still messing around with calculators I would totally make it my mission to get full video pr0n on that sucker.

I already entertained my fellow classmates with dozens of cartoon pr0n pics using the graphing functions on our TI-83s. You'd be surprised how much you can learn about functions and curves with that kind of motivation...
I guess that's sorta a good educational tool in its own weird way, then. Smile
thats... uhh... I dont have a word for it

back on topic: I wonder if it has 3d graphing, that would be cool
qazz42 wrote:

Jaws 3D or Wolfenstein 3D?
eh, wolfenstein
DShiznit wrote:
qazz42 wrote:

Jaws 3D or Wolfenstein 3D?
3D graphing != 3D graphics. I think that built-in 3D graphing would be cool too. Every calculator from the TI-82 to the Nspire has the power and RAM to at least fake decent 3D graphing, so I don't understand why it's only provided in the 68k series. I can only assume that TI was trying to give people a reason to buy the 68ks in addition to the z80s?
possibly... possibly

I would not be surprised if future nspire OSes had 3d graphing, forcing you to upgrade

I was confused at Dshiz's post too so I just chose one Wink
qazz42 wrote:
possibly... possibly

I would not be surprised if future nspire OSes had 3d graphing, forcing you to upgrade
That's very possible.

Quote:
I think he was talking about popping-out-of-the-screen 3D (see also: 3D movies) versus 3D rendering (see also: Unreal Tournament 2004). We were talking about 3D rendering a la Wolfenstein or UT2004, not a la Jaws 3D.
KermMartian wrote:
qazz42 wrote:
possibly... possibly

That's very possible.

Quote:
I think he was talking about popping-out-of-the-screen 3D (see also: 3D movies) versus 3D rendering (see also: Unreal Tournament 2004). We were talking about 3D rendering a la Wolfenstein or UT2004, not a la Jaws 3D.

Exactly. Though anaglyph 3D would be cool for graphs too, and easy to do at next to no cost if you're already dealing with separate color layers.
DShiznit wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
qazz42 wrote:
possibly... possibly

That's very possible.

Quote:

Exactly. Though anaglyph 3D would be cool for graphs too, and easy to do at next to no cost if you're already dealing with separate color layers.
I think that would be an amazing use of color screen technology in a calculator. Although why does it need to be separate color layers? (Unless you're just differentiating the monochrome or grayscale LCDs in TI calculators).
Because that is how it is designed, just layering colors..
qazz42 wrote:
Because that is how it is designed, just layering colors..
I think he was differentiating between that old Casio calculator which had what seemed to be three separate color layers, and a true full-color screen, hence my followup question.
I think that is how this is done too, I remember someone saying that the screen was layered though.
My thinking is if you're already rendering each color layer separately, it wouldn't cost you anything to have one of those renders be at a slightly different angle, and offset to provide the anaglyph effect, whereas a true full-color screen would require you to render the image twice, killing your memory.
DShiznit wrote:
My thinking is if you're already rendering each color layer separately, it wouldn't cost you anything to have one of those renders be at a slightly different angle, and offset to provide the anaglyph effect, whereas a true full-color screen would require you to render the image twice, killing your memory.
It seems to me that in either case you're dealing with at least two bits per pixel of data (red y/n, green y/n), so it wouldn't really make a difference either way. For the full-color screen, you could easily store 8 pixels per bit of red and of green and decompress on-the-fly just as easily as you could for an LCD with discrete red and green layers.
*bump* Ashbad through his topic reminded me about the Prizm, which apparently is coming soon. Check it out, $130:

http://www.jr.com/casio/pe/CAS_FXCG10LIH/
I think I'll probably get one just for fun.
$130 seems really cheap for something so powerful. I wonder if this will cause TI to lower their prices. :O
merthsoft wrote:
I think I'll probably get one just for fun.
I think I probably will too. J&R is quite close to my school, so I'll probably stop by there, see what they look like, and grab myself one if they look decent. I've heard rumors that they're programmable in C; does anyone have any confirmation on this?
My Stats teacher received one from some math conference he spoke at. I got a chance to look at it, and he showed the general "Watch the color graphing!" thing. Maybe he'll let me investigate into it for the very valuable collateral: My Ti89. Apparently the Basic Program editor has a real copy paste function, and an undo button.

My thoughts: It won't be able to take out Ti, but it may motivate them to actually do something with new calculators. In fact, I think the Prizm's motto is "Become Un-inspired"

If you have any specific questions, I might be able to ask him. He hasn't checked out the manual yet.... Which I'm not happy about.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 10
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours