Casio Japan has been contacted twice by two different members. Both times, they have announced that no SDK is planned. The library, however, we're working on Wink
Qwerty.55 wrote:
Casio Japan has been contacted twice by two different members. Both times, they have announced that no SDK is planned. The library, however, we're working on Wink
That was not the impression I had gotten at first; one of the things that strongly appealed to me was the possibility of a C compiler for it. Sad
Another member, Kucalc, figured out the processor, so C compilers have been found.

KPIT GNU
Qwerty.55 wrote:
Another member, Kucalc, figured out the processor, so C compilers have been found.

KPIT GNU
Very nice; I presume there will need to be some header files etc made, though?
KermMartian wrote:
Qwerty.55 wrote:

KPIT GNU
Very nice; I presume there will need to be some header files etc made, though?
The add-in file format for the Prizm has a header, which is mostly documented (we're still not sure about some of the checksums). The details can be found at the wiki: http://wiki.prizmwiki.co.cc/wiki/.g3a_files
(Is this what you are talking about? I'm not sure...)

To the user, add-ins are similar to apps on the 83+/84+.
No, header files, like .h files. When you want to recompile your kernel on Linux, for example, you need a ton of header files. When you write C/C++ for any platform and want to use any existing standard libraries, you need to have the header files for those libraries.
Oh, they're part of the GNUSH-ELF toolchain. The whole directory is littered with them, which made finding the compiled hex equates impossible.
Qwerty.55 wrote:
Oh, they're part of the GNUSH-ELF toolchain. The whole directory is littered with them, which made finding the compiled hex equates impossible.
So can you use stdio and such in programs, or no? Are there any libraries or routines that are available for use yet, or will it still take community effort to track them down?
Yep, stdio.h, math.h, and a few other standard libraries that I can't quite recall are present in the programs I linked. I'd assume you can use them, but I'm a complete n00b when it comes to compilers/assemblers and I've never gotten them to work.
Last night I saw this post from z80man:
z80man wrote:

I edited Qwerty's program to use the exact same checksum of the conversion app and sent that to my Prizm. As expected when running the program the calc crashed with this screen. Weird thing was when I plugged in the usb cable for file transfer the calc crashed again, but with target reading E500D42F and PC at 00000004.
Despite the crash that forced him to reset his archive to get USB to work again and scaring people with possible calc bricking, could this mean that we're soon gonna be able to run 3rd-party machine code on the Prizm?

EDIT: I didn't realize Cemetech didn't support BMP images. I guess it's understandable, though.
Wow, I'm very impressed by the detail on that font; is it bad that that's the first thing I cared about? Very Happy I'm looking somewhat forward to coding for this device. Cemetech actively is told to not allow .bmp images, because they tend to have giant filesizes compared with any other format.
Haha, error has Win 1995(6?) graphics Razz
qazz42 wrote:
Haha, error has Win 1995(6?) graphics Razz
It's better than the pre-Lisa-level stuff we get from our trusty TI calculators. Razz
It would be even funnier if the entire screen went blue with white text. ;D
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
It would be even funnier if the entire screen went blue with white text. ;D
That sounds like something that would be fun to code into an OS patch. Too bad (as far as I know) we have no idea how to do that yet.
Shock

Seems like they might have gone too fast through the beta-testing process.

On the good side, indeed I finally got my Casio Prizm. It finally got delivered to me, after 3.5 weeks of shipping process! Very Happy

I made another video prior discovering the bug above, to show the calc in action.

Sadly BASIC has slow graph screen display commands, but the good side is that unlike the TI-Nspire, it's actually possible to even draw stuff at all.
But look how fast the BASIC is! That's a bummer about the Locate command (looks like Output/Text?). I hope they fix that soon.
Well, if you notice in the second video, Text on the graph screen is incredibly slow. The following code

For 1->Z To 1000
Next

Will take about 1 second to execute

But For 1->Z To 1000
Text 1,1,Z
Next

Will loop only 3 times per second. It's the same thing with every drawing command. Filling a line of pixels with pxl-on commands takes about one minute.

Locate is pretty fast, though, although I have yet to try with collision detection. The following code loops about 50 times per second:

For 1->Z To 100
Locate 1,1,Z
Next

I need to figure out how to recall pics, because the last time I tried it failed.

Also despite a driver failing to install error, when connecting the calc to the computer, it shows as a mass storage device after I tell the calc to go in that mode. MUCH LESS hassle than TI linking.
Urk, that slowness sounds worrying; I find that all too familiar from my dealings with Texas Instruments. Smile
Slow = bad qazzbuy = false

so, it seems that even though it was supposed to be better than the nspire, both basic and C are limited.... If I DO manage to get my hands on one of these I guess I could try out that sample program in C. It sucks that casio was rushing too much Sad

same as what happened to atari with their 5600 (5200?) they were rushing to get better than nintendo, but BAM, the entire thing does not even work

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 7 of 10
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours