Simple and easy. Read the following resources before attempting anything. (NOTE: My guides are a little... accelerated.)

Lesson 0
Lesson 1
Lesson 2
Lesson 3
Lesson 4

How to Program (Calculator) Games

TI-BASIC Developer

BASIC Guru (Outdated, but invaluable.)

The BASIC Elite Guide (aka The 1337 BASIC Guide) (ONLY READ THIS AFTER READING EVERYTHING ELSE!)
Just to clarify, you linked to the 1337 Guide to TI-BASIC. The individual newsletters that were released are here (sorry for the lack of proper templating):

http://www.cemetech.net/projects/basicelite/
you forgot one. this site has every command documented with pages of info.

http://tibasicdev.wikidot.com
Oh, duh! Stupid me! :\
lol Very Happy i see you added it.

just to give an idea of how much stuff it has, it even got the Zstandard Command documented Wink
Rhombus P. wrote:
0x5 Very Happy i see you added it.

just to give an idea of how much stuff it has, it even got the Zstandard Command documented Wink
You say that as if you consider ZStandard to be a spooky and rare command. Very Happy
Indeed.
KermMartian wrote:
Rhombus P. wrote:

You say that as if you consider ZStandard to be a spooky and rare command. Very Happy

lol, nope, im saing it as, what in the heck is there to say about zstanderard Wink. i mean, untill i saw that page, i wouldn't have thought you could write a page on it
Rhombus P. wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Rhombus P. wrote:

0x5, nope, im saing it as, what in the heck is there to say about zstanderard Wink. i mean, untill i saw that page, i wouldn't have thought you could write a page on it
Ah, an excellent point, good sir. Yup, they're a surprisingly complete resource. Surprising to me, that is, because they didn't really publicize themselves in the community too much when they were a work in progress.
They actually got leaked quite a bit on the former Omni board and a lot on UTI. However, for some reasons, they never paid much attention to Cemetech. I think there aren't even any links to Cemetech in their recommended sites section. Might want to check (or edit) that.
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
They actually got leaked quite a bit on the former Omni board and a lot on UTI. However, for some reasons, they never paid much attention to Cemetech. I think there aren't even any links to Cemetech in their recommended sites section. Might want to check (or edit) that.
Cemetech is there; I just checked. They were re-hosting my BASIC tutorials and JPez and I's 1337 Guide to TI-BASIC without permission, so I switched those to links to the ticalc.org file pages while I was at it
All Basic tutorials and sources linked here are very usefull.
Especially the 1337 Basic Guide (for beginners who start to write more advanced programs)

Maybe some people here don`t think positive about official documentations,
but the official guide on education.ti.com for TI-Basic on can help too to learn TI-Basic.
Other official Basic-tutorials of Texas Instruments: https://education.ti.com/en/activities/ti-codes/84
For students, but the teacher informations are interesting too!
I think people have a negative opinion of 11-year necroposts, more so than official documentation but sure.
Yes, this guides are very sure.
But the commands are explained very accelerated and
there are no hints about syntax and optimizing the code.
I think this guides are good enough for somebody who uses this calculators at
office like banking or similar and doesn`t expect to program perfect games and features.
Just to optimize the working with the calculator.
About necro-posts:
I just added more information to the topic.
I don`t think that`s a necro-post.
It's still a necropost.
I believe the generally accepted method of publishing new information is to start a new thread on the subject, instead of resurrecting a dead one.
The information could be useful, yes, but here probably wasn't the best place to put it.
Ah, ok.
I will remember this.
To bring new live into dead zones, that`s not all!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours