This is an awesome game...

its' for free download on steam...

nothing else is like it!!!
basically its a first person shooter multiplayer deathmatch type and spaceship combat simulator that's using the half life 2 engine.

your missions is to destroy the enemy fleet before they destroy your's and then board the enemy flag ship and try to disable their shield generator, weapons system from the inside out so your flag ship can destroy their before they destroy your's

here are some information:

Battle Strategy
You will be engaging enemy capital ships in each battle. You are expected to follow the Captain's orders and destroy or capture enemy capital ships with minimal damage to your own. You will be travelling with a small fleet of corvettes. Corvettes are small support ships which protect your capital ship from tactical threats. These corvettes are expendable, but warping in new ones takes time.

The first step of any battle will be to Strike the enemy fleet. Before your team can attempt a boarding, all enemy corvettes in the area must be destroyed. With the corvettes up, it is impossible to mount a successful boarding effort. You cannot afford to lose marines to poorly supported forward troops.

Once the corvettes are down, the Captain will order an Attack. Enemy reinforcements will be on their way, so it's important to land quickly. Your team will deploy gunships and attempt to secure the enemy hangar. With the hangar secured, you must capture any remaining part of the ship to disable the capital ship and allow our weapons to tear into the hull. Once you have control of one of the subsystems, your team can scramble communications and slow down enemy reinforcements, freezing the timer long enough to deal significant damage.

If your team cannot destroy the capital ship during your attack phase, enemy reinforcements will arrive and the game will return to the strike phase. Expect a an enemy counter-attack, forcing the Captain to issue a Defend order.

The current phase of battle is displayed at the top of the screen along with a reinforcements timer. It is crucial to play the appropriate roles during the Strike, Defend and Attack phases to help your team achieve victory.

this information was taken from their official site:
http://www.eternal-silence.net/manual.php

and now here are some screenshots:
http://evo-gamer.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/eternal-silence-flamer.jpg

http://www.igf.com/images/mod_screenshots/potw_full.jpg

the only one down side to this game...

not that many people play it unfortunately...
but i hope to see you all in it Smile
it has become one of my favorite games in just a few games Good Idea

Edit by Merth: Turned your big images into links, and fixed some spelling; "destory" is not a word.
sorry for this double post...
but i really dont think words can explain it all...
so here:

That sounds like tons of fun, but actually reminds me of one of the fun (and very challenging!) UT2004 assault maps where you have space dogfights, need to land in the enemy ship, make your way to the power core/generator/reactor thing, and disable it.
yeah... its definetly a lot of fun...
in door battles are quite similar to team fortress... with all the different character classes...

but yeah...
its free on steam...
to play it... all you need to do is download steam:
http://store.steampowered.com/about/
if you dont already have it...
than look up eternal silence in the games library...
its available for free download!

p.s. they are actually still looking for coders and stuff if i remember correctly... even though the game is practically complete...
This does look really sweet. Nice find, WhiteValkery.
yeap!
i was definetly not expecting to find something this good on the steam library when i was randomly browsing around the list of gasmes looking for free stuff XD

but yeah!

i wonder if we could have some kind of cemetech battle in this game perhaps sometime Smile

EDIT:
oh... and inorder to get the full feel of the scale of the space battles... i highly recommend youguys watching the videos someone else made that i posted previously
Does Mac Steam have it too? Or will I have to restart into Windows to play?
It's Mac-compatible. But, since it's a *mod,* you need to purchase HL2.

Just like a mod (FHIv5?) for UT2004 requires UT2004 to play.
gotcha, fortunately I own HL2 Smile
comicIDIOT wrote:
It's Mac-compatible. But, since it's a *mod,* you need to purchase HL2.

Just like a mod (FHIv5?) for UT2004 requires UT2004 to play.
Yeah, I was going to point that out too, but I figured that WhiteValkery and everyone else would know that. Smile
yeah.. unfortunatly...
but it is still worth it...

if i dont have half life 2 (which i do...) i would probably buy it just for this seeing the youtube videos...
elfprince13 wrote:
gotcha, fortunately I own HL2 Smile
Did you / are planning on trying it out?

@WhiteValkerie: You should try UT2004. Razz
I do plan to do so Smile I just need to clear out some HD space, since I'm getting down < 10GB free...can Steam be configured to install to an external HD?
elfprince13 wrote:
I do plan to do so Smile I just need to clear out some HD space, since I'm getting down < 10GB free...can Steam be configured to install to an external HD?

i think it can...
its just that if you do, you will only be able to run it when that hard drive is connected to the pc that you used to install it on.

(if your computer views your external hardrive not as a flash drive but as an actual hard drive)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours