Quote:
Many of you know of Brix Builder, a project I've been working on for a few months now. It started as a simple wireframing perspective engine, but has evolved into something that can do wireframe and hidden line, blank-face and vertex-shading, rotation, and scaling, all in a 4KB engine. I have that besides Brix Builder, I will be releasing it separately as the HPS3D Engine: Hidden Line / Wireframe Perspective Shading 3D Engine for z80 Calculation Devices. It is capable of taking a list of polygons and a settings list and rendering into a fully dithered 3D perspective hidden-line image; I will post some screenies as soon as I can get my GraphLink working.

Looks good, Kerm. Can't wait to try it out. Smile
Indeed. Keep in mind that this is in no way meant for real time gaming, due to the extreme slowness of BASIC. Cool
Well, you could always remake it in asm...
No way, this would be incredibly way over 24k in ASM...
I thought makin stuff in asm would make it smaller and faster? Confused

I take it that isn't the case...?
Faster, yes, smaller, not necessarily. ASM is good for non-math-intensive programs. Something like this that uses almost exclusively math routines would be horribly bloated in ASM, though fairly fast, maybe even of playable speed.
oh, ok... I shall remember that...

Idea Exclamation That means BASIC does have an advantage over asm... Very Happy Laughing
It does indeed have some slight advantages Razz
Ease and convenience of programming, for two.
Quote:
Faster, yes, smaller, not necessarily. ASM is good for non-math-intensive programs. Something like this that uses almost exclusively math routines would be horribly bloated in ASM, though fairly fast, maybe even of playable speed.

And because Kerm would be tempted to add so many new features. Razz
Hehe...I do tend to be a feature-obsessive programmer, don't I? Very Happy
As do I, but then again, I have more memory to work with (even though PokéModr is pushing even that right now).
Very, very true. OK, I convinced my school to install TI-Connect on a computer, and I backed up Brix Builder *whew* Smile
don't you have a computer of your own Kerm?
Surely you don't use school computers. Confused
We've gone through this b4 guys...
We have? I don't remember. Confused
Oh, and I'm gonna post some screenies!
Really? I never would have guessed... Rolling Eyes
I mean soon Mad Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours