Which forum header do you prefer?
Kerm's
 58%  [ 7 ]
Elf's
 16%  [ 2 ]
I'll make one and post it below for comment
 25%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 12

I actually think that looks pretty epic; what do you think?
I'm pretty pleased with how it came out. If you like it, I'll upload the final xcf + jpg for you. (or if you want to do more edits, I'll upload the current xcf).
elfprince13 wrote:
I'm pretty pleased with how it came out. If you like it, I'll upload the final xcf + jpg for you. (or if you want to do more edits, I'll upload the current xcf).
I vote we just try the .jpg out for a while as the real header, since I have no changes I want to make at the moment, and see what people think. Smile
here ya go.

elfprince13 wrote:
here ya go.

Could we ... ahhh ... rotate that minifig to the opposite side? The current configuration is an unfortunate optical illusion.
wait, what? Are you referring to the sword as a potentially phallic symbol? The easiest thing to do would be to re-render him with the sword in his opposite hand, if that is what is worrying you.
elfprince13 wrote:
wait, what? Are you referring to the sword as a potentially phallic symbol? The easiest thing to do would be to re-render him with the sword in his opposite hand, if that is what is worrying you.
Yeah, that's my main concern; what do you think of the change? Am I the only one seeing the possible problem?
KermMartian wrote:
Yeah, that's my main concern; what do you think of the change? Am I the only one seeing the possible problem?

You've got dicks on your brain man.

The problem isn't necessarily which hand (although you could try changing that), but that the sword itself turns into a black rod with a round top instead of looking like a sword. Maybe try rotating it a bit so that instead of being in a shadow and thus a solid color it's reflecting some light or something (or add a new light)

KermMartian wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:
So shrink the center. You've got plenty of space, you can cut some off.
You mean zoom in on the center? That could work, although I'm still leaning towards making a specific build and taking screenshots of it.

No, I meant instead of being 996px wide make it 850px wide or something.
KermMartian wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:

yeeahhh, if you look at it from an angle...

I suggest you rotate it...
Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:
So shrink the center. You've got plenty of space, you can cut some off.
You mean zoom in on the center? That could work, although I'm still leaning towards making a specific build and taking screenshots of it.

No, I meant instead of being 996px wide make it 850px wide or something.
If I did that I would have had to make the navigation/search bar under it different sizes based on the banner size, which isn't something I'd be too happy about.
KermMartian wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:

Are you kidding? It was the first thing me and my 13-year-old brother noticed...
DShiznit wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:

Are you kidding? It was the first thing me and my 13-year-old brother noticed...
Yeah, that's sort of what I was afraid of. Razz
*I* hadn't noticed it, but I will adjust the sword to a less....bothersome...angle.
It should be in his right hand anyway I would think. Most swordsmen were right-handed(though the few that were left-handed were prized).
elfprince13 wrote:
*I* hadn't noticed it, but I will adjust the sword to a less....bothersome...angle.
I suppose your mindset is somewhat less sophomoric than other Cemetech members, then. Wink I look forward to seeing what you come up with.
Why are Kerm's and elfprince's logos completely similar to eachother?
Svenne wrote:
Why are Kerm's and elfprince's logos completely similar to eachother?

Convergent evolution.

Anyway, if you look further up the thread you'll notice I've updated the copy of header_fb.jpg on my subdomain (and all of the source files), taking into account the....concerns....that were expressed over the minifigure's sword.
Muuuchh. better.

Smile
qazz42 wrote:
Muuuchh. better.

Smile
Seconded! @Svenne, what do you mean exactly? Which logos?

Edit: Elfprince, set, but I turned the JPEG quality down from 98% to 85% to make the image go from 74KB to 30KB.
It looks pretty awesome up there.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 7
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours