Elf's
 16%  [ 2 ]
I'll make one and post it below for comment
 25%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 12

What about on redirects?
elfprince13 wrote:
What about on redirects?
Errr, redirects from where to where? You mean like logins?
I meant from posting back to a topic, for example.
elfprince13 wrote:
I meant from posting back to a topic, for example.
Ah, I follow you now. Actually, I'm not sure that it doesn't already do that; I think it might. Let's take a look.

Edit: No such luck, I'll see what I can do.

Edit #2: This might have done the trick, but pr'aps not.

Edit #3: It actually should have worked; the problem may be variable scope.

Edit #4: PHP global ftw?
My "what about redirects" post was when I tested it, and it didn't appear to Wink
elfprince13 wrote:
My "what about redirects" post was when I tested it, and it didn't appear to Wink
Gotcha. At any rate, success!
Hurrah! Good show ol' chap.
elfprince13 wrote:
Hurrah! Good show ol' chap.
I approve of the image macro. Smile I suppose we'd better get back to discussing header images, right?
I suppose you're right. I like the adjustments you made to the brick-background positioning and the calculator, but I did like having the minifigure as well. Perhaps if I work on raytracing him it would look better? Would you be so kind as to upload the updated xcf you worked on?
elfprince13 wrote:
I suppose you're right. I like the adjustments you made to the brick-background positioning and the calculator, but I did like having the minifigure as well. Perhaps if I work on raytracing him it would look better? Would you be so kind as to upload the updated xcf you worked on?
Done. I overwrote yours, so it should be the same link. Smile
I'm attempting to install the vanilla Unix variant of POV-ray using Macports, so I don't have to deal with the obnoxious PowerPC issues (POV-ray is one of those programs that was actually quite fond of Altivec).
elfprince13 wrote:
I'm attempting to install the vanilla Unix variant of POV-ray using Macports, so I don't have to deal with the obnoxious PowerPC issues (POV-ray is one of those programs that was actually quite fond of Altivec).
Sounds good. I assume that taking a screenshot ingame is not an option, either due to resolution or a lack of a minifig-capable rendering engine in your dev version?
KermMartian wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
Sounds good. I assume that taking a screenshot ingame is not an option, either due to resolution or a lack of a minifig-capable rendering engine in your dev version?

Well, once I write the plugin for turning LDraw models into (this is next, I promise, I just have to finish up the .dif loader) a scene graph, I should be able to take a screenshot in any OSG-based program. But it still wouldn't have the image quality of raytracing, unless it happened to be an OSG-based raytracer.
elfprince13 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:

Well, once I write the plugin for turning LDraw models into (this is next, I promise, I just have to finish up the .dif loader) a scene graph, I should be able to take a screenshot in any OSG-based program. But it still wouldn't have the image quality of raytracing, unless it happened to be an OSG-based raytracer.
Gotcha, a good point. Hmm, that makes me wonder if it would be worth it to rebuild that calc model in LDraw and then PovRay it.
KermMartian wrote:
Gotcha, a good point. Hmm, that makes me wonder if it would be worth it to rebuild that calc model in LDraw and then PovRay it.

That would be pretty awesome looking if you did. Very Happy

On the .dif loading front, I am currently stepping through my code to read the material list from file, where I seem to be running into a few problems reading the correct list-size from the stream.

All the data up to that point seems to be loading correctly (or at least, I am reading the correct number of bytes, and not losing my place in the stream).
That's great to hear, keep up the good work. I have a 3 or 4 day weekend, which I'll be spending catching up on a massive amount of work, but I'll see if I can get a few dozen minutes to do that at some point.
KermMartian wrote:
That's great to hear, keep up the good work. I have a 3 or 4 day weekend, which I'll be spending catching up on a massive amount of work, but I'll see if I can get a few dozen minutes to do that at some point.

Ditto with the long weekend.

Also,

Code:
[thomas@Bombadil] Applications $ osgviewer -l ../Plugins/osgdb_bsp.so ~/tbgblstuff/freebuild/trunk/core/data/interiors/kerm/kermcave/myroom.dif
File Resource Version44
LOD COUNT 1
File Version14
a state?0 nlightstateentries 0
reading 2378 normals
reading 8931 points
reading 8931 point vis states
reading 3607 texGenEQs
reading 11087 IBSPNodes
reading 3874 IBSPSolidLeaves
reading mat list
read version 1
reading 36 materials
read string "TABLEGRAIN"
read string "PARQUET"
read string "GRAYPLASTIC"
read string "GRAY66"
read string "LOGITECH_KEYBOARD"
read string "ROUGHWOOD"
read string "MONITORBACK"
read string "MON1"
read string "MONITORBACK2"
read string "MON2"
read string "MON3"
read string "MON4"
read string "ALIEN_LIQUID"
read string "OAK1"
read string "ALUMINUM"
read string "MOUSEPAD"
read string "WHITEWALL"
read string "SPEAKERPIECES1"
read string "CHAIRCLOTH"
read string "RUG"
read string "WHITEBOARD"
read string "COMP"
read string "WHITECLOTH"
read string "PROJECTOR1"
read string "PROJECTOR2"
read string "ACOUSTFOAM"
read string "CORK"
read string "ORANGELIGHT"
read string "PSTRIPROUTER"
read string "WHITE"
read string "CLOTHES"
read string "PAGES"
read string "MOUSEBLUE"
read string "BBOARDPIECES"
read string "MAGENTA"
read string "SHMOOPIES"
I say Kerm's, it looks good and stays to the Calculator Programmer site thing...
I've updated the LDR model file linked a few posts back, to a single-file (not multi-part) model, loaded it into L3P with the following settings:

to produce http://sfgp.cemetech.net/freebuild/header_fbdude.pov
which I ran through povray with the following command line:

Code:
[thomas@Bombadil] LDRAW $ povray +Q9 +A0.1 +AM2 +UA +R8 +H600 +W800 header_fbdude.pov

10 minutes later I had this:

Note that I used the standard low-poly library instead of the LGEO library, in order to more accurately capture the in-game model.

[edit]

and voila:

Thoughts?
nice

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 7
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours