Kerm's
 58%  [ 7 ]
Elf's
 16%  [ 2 ]
I'll make one and post it below for comment
 25%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 12

Kllrnohj wrote:
Elf's has the problem of abruptly changing content on the right, but otherwise looks awesome.

How did you both end up screwing up the right side of the picture?

I started with the right side and then couldn't figure out what to do with the left, then ended up liking it better, but wanting to keep the right as well.

Lucas: nothing can really go on the left, because of the Cemetech overlay. I could rework it though now that I know what you guys like/want.

I would probably end up using an LDraw-rendered minifig, since we're moving to that parts library.

[edit]
I *definitely* think this looks more congruous with the current theming, than the blue-sky look, but I'm willing to make another version taking everyone's suggestions into account.

http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/5406/screenshot20101007at110.png

[edit]

how 'bout this?

Hmmm, I'm not seeing the changes, would you mind clarifying? Smile
The minifig and extended red background instead of the blue/green bridge (second edit) Wink I left in the snowmobile, since Lego is generally pretty lenient towards people providing them with free advertising, and because I wanted to do something with that space. It's layered though, so I can swap it out if we have something better to go in it's place. Anyone with a PowerPC mac, or a Windows machine with POV-Ray is welcome to do a higher quality render of the minifig, and I'll swap it in. Source model is here: http://sfgp.cemetech.net/header_fbdude.ldr
Would it be possible to get just the background and the minifig each separately? I'd like to try overlaying the lego calc on that.
Go for it: http://sfgp.cemetech.net/header_fb.xcf

Here's pretty much everything, nicely layered for your convenience.
I can think of something that would fit there... give me a few minutes...
EDIT- can you provide your source file in a paint.net friendly format elfprince?
That minifg's sword is ugly... What about the default TBG minifig?

And what about "Cemetech" made of bricks?
I'll provide a banner for my photography topic Very Happy

Or does it not work that way?
Lucas W wrote:
That minifg's sword is ugly... What about the default TBG minifig?

And what about "Cemetech" made of bricks?

That will be the new TBG minifig style once elf finishes the LDraw stuff.
This took me way longer than it should have. I tried putting in my TBM minifig, but I didn't like how it looked:

I'd mirror the calc horizontally and then your minifig might look better next to it.

I wish I could figure out how to do that web 2.0 button look in paint.net...

EDIT- added engine fx
TheStorm wrote:
I'd mirror the calc horizontally and then your minifig might look better next to it.
I thought of that, but then realized the alpha/2nd and arrow buttons would be in the wrong places. Sad
KermMartian wrote:
TheStorm wrote:
I thought of that, but then realized the alpha/2nd and arrow buttons would be in the wrong places. Sad
Good point. On a related note rather than force one image or another couldn't you use a random image script like what rivereye uses for the banner?
TheStorm wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
TheStorm wrote:
Good point. On a related note rather than force one image or another couldn't you use a random image script like what rivereye uses for the banner?
I technically could, but I really like the idea of the banner changing to fit the content, so after a while people might even begin to notice what subforum they're in by what the banner looks like.
KermMartian wrote:
TheStorm wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
TheStorm wrote:
I technically could, but I really like the idea of the banner changing to fit the content, so after a while people might even begin to notice what subforum they're in by what the banner looks like.
Yeah I thought about that as well, but you'll also need to make it affect the Post Message page as well for it to be a complete transition IMO.
Agreed; I think it was either you or comic that suggested that earlier, and it's a great idea.

Edit: So I need to do that and add the small icons for subfora as Elfprince recommended.
KermMartian wrote:
Agreed; I think it was either you or comic that suggested that earlier, and it's a great idea.

Edit: So I need to do that and add the small icons for subfora as Elfprince recommended.

'twas me!

Lucas: This is the default minifig now. The sword looks much better at higher resolution though.
What about a TBG or FreeBuild Logo?
elfprince13 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

'twas me!

Lucas: This is the default minifig now. The sword looks much better at higher resolution though.
As you can probably see when you reply to this post, custom headers are now shown on reply, new topic, edit post, and voting pages.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 7
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours