Which forum header do you prefer?
Kerm's
 58%  [ 7 ]
Elf's
 16%  [ 2 ]
I'll make one and post it below for comment
 25%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 12

I just committed a small change to make proper use of the new restructure in the "Cemetech Forums" button!
Woot, good stuff Cyber.
CyberPrime wrote:
I just committed a small change to make proper use of the new restructure in the "Cemetech Forums" button!
Awesome, thanks for keeping on top of changes like that. It's still going to be restructured a bit more, but the additional changes shouldn't require a new Freebuild commit.
KermMartian wrote:
@Elfprince: I am
@Svenne: If I get 500,000 monthly hits on Freebuild-related pages, I'd be very interested in saving 500K*40K = 20000K = 20 megabytes transferred. If I'm always careful about minimizing image size (which I am) I save appreciable fractions of gigabytes of transfer.

Actually, 500K*40K = 20000M = 20 gigabytes :O
^++ Silly Kerm, K2=M Razz
calcdude84se wrote:
^++ Silly Kerm, K2=M Razz
Sigh, so it is. Thanks for catching that.
Then bandwidth savings are even greater than you thought...
DShiznit wrote:
Then bandwidth savings are even greater than you thought...
Indeed, much greater than my back-of-the-envelope calculators indicated. Smile So have I made my point about why compressing the header image is worth it? Very Happy
Indeed.
20 gigs a month? Well that makes sense.
Svenne wrote:
20 gigs a month? Well that makes sense.
Indeed, and considering that Cemetech earned five million hits for September, this is of sizeable concern to me. Of course, luckily many of those are repeat visitors whose browsers cached the header, but there's always a lot of value in optimization and size reduction of common website elements.
KermMartian wrote:
CyberPrime wrote:
Awesome, thanks for keeping on top of changes like that. It's still going to be restructured a bit more, but the additional changes shouldn't require a new Freebuild commit.

Was today the day you were planning on testing out the new images, or do you still have a bit of algorithms HW?
elfprince13 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
CyberPrime wrote:

Was today the day you were planning on testing out the new images, or do you still have a bit of algorithms HW?
Well, now I've contributed fifteen hours or so to the homework and completed 12 of 20 problems, so I'd say I still have a bit to do. (
Yuck.
elfprince13 wrote:
Yuck.
Precisely. I unfortunately procrastinated a bit on the assignment today by instead doing a week of work for another class. Razz
*Bump*
Any thoughts on trying this out, if only to see how it looks?

It might work for the custom content or gallery sections.
It could also be an ironic turn on "troubleshooting"...
Haha, that definitely would be an interesting take on the Troubleshooting section. My only concern would be how the black background would fit in. I'll hopefully have time to give it a try in two and a half weeks or so, after my last final. Smile
sweet. I could re-take the picture with a more nebulous background if that would help?
KermMartian wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
Yuck.
Precisely. I unfortunately procrastinated a bit on the assignment today by instead doing a week of work for another class. Razz

Just a pester to try out the bolding/mini-forum status image suggestions made a while back, when you get free time.

DShiznit wrote:
sweet. I could re-take the picture with a more nebulous background if that would help?

Nebulousness is good, particularly maroon-ish nebulousness.
Maroonish nebulousness +1. And elfprince, oh yes, remember to do that continues to elude me. Sad

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 6 of 7
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours