I put exactly what is at the top (prgmA) as a test to see if it would work. It didnt.
adamac15 wrote:
I put exactly what is at the top (prgmA) as a test to see if it would work. It didnt.
That doesn't answer my question at all. "It doesn't work" is not a valid bug report. "It failed with error ERR:BLAH" is better.
adamac15: You need a string in Ans for it to work.

Exit psychic mode.
Weregoose wrote:

Exit psychic mode.
Hehe, I would be very unsurprised if it's not in fact a typo in his copying of your code, that that is indeed the issue.
Weregoose wrote:

Exit psychic mode.
What?
The program needs a string in the variable Ans, e.g.:
"HELLO THERE THIS IS A STRING THAT WILL BE IN THE ANS VARIABLE
prgm(A
I dont think I know what that means
Reading the link Weregoose posted may help, then:
http://tibasicdev.wikidot.com/ans
merthsoft wrote:
Reading the link Weregoose posted may help, then:
http://tibasicdev.wikidot.com/ans
Exactly this. Or you could just run the code that Merthsoft gave you.
I still dont get it.
What part don't you get?
merthsoft wrote:
What part don't you get?
This. Never just say "it doesn't work" or "what" or "I don't get it;" always try to elaborate and give some detail so people feel motivated to try to help you.
never mind it works. i mustve typed something wrong. sorry
You seem to be pretty difficult Adamac Razz Glad you were able to get it to work. If it's not too much trouble, next time one of us gives you some code to try, and you test it out, it would be best to give us exactly the code you tried to use (what I usually do is make some test code in another program so I don't have to mess with my main program to see if it works) and to try some debugging, maybe look at a read-me if it gives one.
yea thats what i did. used a test prgm.
Calc wise:ive gotten Killer 1 on my calc. 6 to go
Project wise: havent added anything else. Will do that after ive gotten all of Killer on my calc.
adamac15 wrote:
Calc wise:ive gotten Killer 1 on my calc. 6 to go
Project wise: havent added anything else. Will do that after ive gotten all of Killer on my calc.
I was going to yell at you for the double-post, but it was nineteen hours between your posts, so I'll call that acceptable. Is Killer 1 fully working etc?
srry bout that double post. i wasnt thinking when i typed it.

but yea Killer 1 is working. Ive also gotten Killer 2 and 3 on the calc and currently working on Killer 4.

and now i have a question: is there an easier way to do Disp Str1?
What in your mind would be simpler than Disp?

Programmer wants to put a value on the screen -> he uses a command designed to meet that need -> value goes on the screen. Where's the middle ground?
i dont know: anything that saves memory

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours