maybe you should do a ASM small font routine but for 3x4 fonts. I know it would be hard to have "0123456789!?:," chars in 3x3 maybe in 3x4 it would be doable

maybe the font routine should have an option to not update the LCD everytime and AND and OR logic so it allow more possibilities as well and if you want to make the text move it wont flicker
AND and OR? I think I could manage that. Lemme design the font set first.

Edit: feedback please:
NICE!11! Very Happy

I really need to be able to fit more text into RPGs in one text box
The only thing I noticed is the 'j' is the same as ';'. Any characters I missed in that set?
KermMartian wrote:
The only thing I noticed is the 'j' is the same as ';'. Any characters I missed in that set?
well we dont need ";" considering we cant even access it in TI-BASIC. Also now that I look at it you should switch the "0" chat with "O". With Text O looks like a square and zero look like an ellipse. Besides that it seems to be fine now. Smile
Ah, OK. Fixed now.
a that be small....
Laughing Just enlarge it in mspaint if you need. Smile
on calc its quite good actually, not to small Smile
Ah ok, you had me worried there. Yeah, it's looking like I'll be able to do this tomorrow.
I made a 3x4 font for my instant messanger thing Smile It looks almost identical to that one. I guess with that few pixels it should look similar Laughing I see you did a better job then me diferentiating between H and W. Mine were the same...Good job, I like it Smile
Hehe...thanks a lot Smile
That program would be very useful. For one thing, no complicated algorithms to check the length of the text on the screen, just multiply the length by 4. Smile So have you made it yet, Kerm?
I believe this is already a feature of the DCS GUI text routines or something like that.
Chipmaster wrote:
I believe this is already a feature of the DCS GUI text routines or something like that.
Aaaactually.... anyone played World Domination 1? It's already there, 1.5 years ago. Lemme find the link...
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/360/36095.html

It's the only ASM program in the zip. I can't recall what the inputs are at the moment...
Aaaactually, that's 3x3 font with no number support. Razz
True, but I could modify it in not very long for 3x4 with numbers. Or, you could wait for DCS6 with selectable fontsets.
Selectable fontsets? YAHOO! I can't wait!
Keep in mind that's for ASM programs though. I might even make custom fontsets available. The difference is that selectable ones are embedded in DCS, whereas custom ones are contained within the program being run.
Is DCS going to have extra features/routines for Basic programs?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours