DShiznit wrote:
Lucas W wrote:
You said Calculators. Not TI calculators

I assumed we were all on the same page when it came to talking about calculators. The massively over-sized graphic at the top might have been your biggest hint...

You haven't been following my rants about the logo?
Lucas W wrote:
DShiznit wrote:
Lucas W wrote:

I assumed we were all on the same page when it came to talking about calculators. The massively over-sized graphic at the top might have been your biggest hint...

Now you're just changing the subject. Razz
Christopher's opinion means nothing. Never has.
allynfolksjr wrote:
Ah, I'm surprised you went with that troll, Nikky. I was expecting you to mention how much calculators suck.
KermMartian wrote:
allynfolksjr wrote:
Ah, I'm surprised you went with that troll, Nikky. I was expecting you to mention how much calculators suck.

What? Calculators are the next coming of our supreme god-squirrel, chippy.
KermMartian wrote:
Lucas W wrote:
DShiznit wrote:
Lucas W wrote:

Now you're just changing the subject. Razz

Dshiznit WAS the one mentioning our calculator discussion on your Freebuild thread.
Lucas W wrote:
Wouldn't be better to program for a more capable device?
Better by what metric? I think "because I enjoy doing it" is a fine defense for why one programs anything.
merthsoft wrote:
Lucas W wrote:
Wouldn't be better to program for a more capable device?
Better by what metric? I think "because I enjoy doing it" is a fine defense for why one programs anything.
Thanks Merth, I consider it to be quite the same. That's the point of any hobby or activity that one is passionate about. Indeed, there's no mutual exclusion even between doing something that one enjoys and getting paid for it.
Weren't there a few z80 assembly programmers who actually talked about their calculator programming experience in that language during interviews for computer-oriented job interviews? I swear I saw that mentionned a few times before on various TI forums.

Calculator programming, while not letting you make money, can be a great learning experience.
I certainly mentioned it in my interview, and have z80 listed on my resume. My interviewer-turned-boss quite appreciated the fact that I programmed outside of what was required for school, and that I would intentionally choose a platform that required more creativity because of its limitations.
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
Weren't there a few z80 assembly programmers who actually talked about their calculator programming experience in that language during interviews for computer-oriented job interviews? I swear I saw that mentionned a few times before on various TI forums.

Calculator programming, while not letting you make money, can be a great learning experience.
I don't know if people have mentioned that on the forum, but it's certainly true for me. I've used it as examples of developing with community feedback, a short and open development cycle, collaboration, self-motivation, and much more in interviews (for jobs that were rather quite excellent, I should add).

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours