ACagliano wrote:
What did you say to them.
I seem to have lost the page where I typed it in, but I basically reported that the members of my forum had reported that the TI-84+SE was being discontinued. I asked them to confirm or deny that fact.
TI is trying to push the nspire down out throats again...

typical
qazz42 wrote:

typical
Yup, I'm pretty sure that if this is indeed true, that you're correct. They've even stopped shipping 84+SE keypads with the non-CAS Nspire, correct?
Let's boycott the NSpire until they agree to start selling TI-84's. If we spread the news on omnimaga and through schools, we're bound to get the message accross.
ACagliano wrote:
Let's boycott the NSpire until they agree to start selling TI-84's. If we spread the news on omnimaga and through schools, we're bound to get the message accross.
I'm afraid that your enthusiasm is sadly misguided. I seriously doubt any efforts on the part of the community would have enough effect to do anything other than slightly decrease Nspire sales at the best.
KermMartian wrote:
qazz42 wrote:

typical
Yup, I'm pretty sure that if this is indeed true, that you're correct. They've even stopped shipping 84+SE keypads with the non-CAS Nspire, correct?

yeah, you need to get it online

and no, schools are nspire happy, wont work
In the USA, a number of schools are happy with Nspires. In most other countries, the proportion of Nspires is lower.

I too analyze this move by TI as a way to shovel the Nspire down users' throats, as I wrote in more detail on Omnimaga.

TI-Z80 community, the TI-68k community welcomes you to the set of communities despised/hated by the manufacturer... We're even more in the same boat now than we were before that move by TI...
feh, in my school all the math teachers are like "Omg! Get the nspire it is the best! TI ROXS!"
TI does rock from an education perspective. But from a programmer and hackers perspective TI isn't very cool.
My math teacher hates the Nspire and thinks it's pretty useless. I <3 my math teacher Smile
albertho, lucky dog
It's a sad day...
what about the ti-84? no one has said anything about it...
Rhombus P. wrote:
what about the ti-84? no one has said anything about it...

Basic TI-84+ is still in production.

This confirms the discontinuation of the TI-84+SE is to force users to buy basic TI-Nspire.
Our speculation doesn't confirm anything. Until Kerm gets a reply, or there is an official US press release/update on their site, we have only our suspicions. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.
As long as the 83+ and 84+ models continue to be manufactured and sold I don't see a connection to TI "shoving" the NSpire down our collective throats.
Wrong. Assuming that they do this in the U.S., they are basically making the Nspire the "top" calc. Even on the foreign pages, they basically point to the Nspire for the new calc.
alberthrocks wrote:
Wrong. Assuming that they do this in the U.S., they are basically making the Nspire the "top" calc. Even on the foreign pages, they basically point to the Nspire for the new calc.
Of course they do! It's *is* there newest model. They put a lot of money and time into the Nspire and whether or not it suits your purposes they are going to promote it as there top model.

Don't get me wrong, they may discontinue the 83+/84+ series tomorrow, but they haven't and I don't think they will (though obviously what I think in this case doesn't matter).
Well, now a days, it's more like we support them with patches for their crappy OS...
merthsoft wrote:
Our speculation doesn't confirm anything. Until Kerm gets a reply, or there is an official US press release/update on their site, we have only our suspicions. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

You're calling speculation an information that has been relayed on severall official TI web sites?

Anyway, I don't trust TI-Cares. They didn't know that a new TI-84+ OS (2.53MP) was going to be released, although it had allready leaked...

There are 4 official sites saying the TI-84+SE is no longer in production now:
http://education.ti.com/educationportal/sites/DEUTSCHLAND/productDetail/de_ti84pse.html
http://education.ti.com/educationportal/sites/SCHWEIZ/productDetail/chg_ti84pse.html
http://education.ti.com/educationportal/sites/SUISSE/productDetail/chf_ti84pse.html
http://education.ti.com/educationportal/sites/OESTERREICH/productDetail/at_ti84pse.html

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 11
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours