Look here.

It is a sad day for us all.
Translate it to see the bad news.

EDIT: On further investigation, I believe that this only applies for the international schools, not the USA.

Edit by KermMartian: This is indeed incorrect, as confirmed by a TI spokesperson.
I find this page particularly odd in its absence:

http://education.ti.com/educationportal/sites/US/productDetail/us_ti84pse.html

Translated page as per Raylin: clickez ici.

And whoa, it actually does say something about it being discontinued. Perhaps that's only the German version?
It says the same thing on the French side!

Click here.

Translate!

EDIT: I can't buy the calculator online! o.o

Quote:
IPL: Item 84PLSE/CLM/1L1/W and uom EA not on pricelist USA SRP
Raylin wrote:
It says the same thing on the French side!

Click here.

Translate!
Oh no! You're right about that. What do you mean about only "international schools;" why would there be a distinction?

Edit: And you can't buy it online. This is very not good at all.
How could they discontinue the 84+SE?!?!? not only is it there fastest calc, but i see lots of people buying it?

are they by chance coming out with a new clac o.0? or just tring to replace it with the nspire Sad
They're trying to phase it out so that people HAVE to buy the NSpire.
FYI, the 84+ SE wasn't the fastest. Razz
Quote:

well yes i know that, but it includes a clock Razz

(and the 83 was discontinued a long time ago) so im talking about the current calcs

EDIT: then could they be doing something like what they did with the 83+SE when around the time when the 84 series came out?
Raylin wrote:
That's a terrible, terrible idea in my opinion. Number 1, the Nspire is too much calculator for most math classes. Number 2, it of course has extremely limited programmability, at least for now. Number 3, this move, if true, will drive all our hard work on our projects towards a very early obsolescence.
KermMartian wrote:
That's a terrible, terrible idea in my opinion. Number 1, the Nspire is too much calculator for most math classes. Number 2, it of course has extremely limited programmability, at least for now. Number 3, this move, if true, will drive all our hard work on our projects towards a very early obsolescence.

I agree 100%, Kerm.
Rhombus P. wrote:
Quote:

well yes i know that, but it includes a clock Razz

(and the 83 was discontinued a long time ago) so im talking about the current calcs

EDIT: then could they be doing something like what they did with the 83+SE when around the time when the 84 series came out?
You mean the 83+SE? I'm confused what you mean there/.
All I can say is that, if TI really is phasing the calc out...

We have roughly ten to twelve months before our projects become obsolete.
I should probably wait for some sales/clearance to buy my TI-84+SE then P:
And I was gonna earn credits to fix these... bastards...
Raylin wrote:
All I can say is that, if TI really is phasing the calc out...

We have roughly ten to twelve months before our projects become obsolete.
Now that's just alarmist of you. We have many years; look how relevant the TI-83+ is so many years after it was supplanted by the 84+ line. Nevertheless, if this is indeed true, and there's no new z80 calculator in the pipeline, then we'll be stuck on an immutable monotonic decreasing decline into obscurity, at least calculator-wise.
But, Kerm, as alarmist as my statement may be, you have to think about it. If TI is phasing this thing out, then the Nspire will be the new 'school calculator'. That means discounts on bulk sets and whatnot. How can an oblivious school administrator pass up a deal like that?
Let's not blow things out of proportion. If they do discontinue, that doesn't mean we'll instantly stop doing stuff. There is still all of us with calcs, plus people who will still be buying them for school and such. Phasing out technology isn't an instant thing.
merthsoft wrote:
Let's not blow things out of proportion. If they do discontinue, that doesn't mean we'll instantly stop doing stuff. There is still all of us with calcs, plus people who will still be buying them for school and such. Phasing out technology isn't an instant thing.

When put in perspective, that does make sense...
Sorry for the freakout.
merthsoft wrote:
Exactly. And ComicIDIOT, I doubt that'll happen any time soon, considering that TI-83+s still sell for 50-90% of their original price on eBay. DShiznit, I don't think this will prevent your project at all.
*bump* Just for the record, I fired off an inquiry to TI-Cares on the matter; I'll let you know what they say.
What did you say to them.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 11
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours