(crossposted from a mass board email)

I am happy to announce that Kerm Martian and Cemetech released Doors CS 7.0 two weeks ago! The latest version of a shell that has been in development for roughly nine years, Doors CS 7 offers a wide range of features for users and programmers. It can run any type of ASM or BASIC program, including MirageOS, Ion, Doors CS, and nostub ASM programs, and built-in libraries for xLIB, Celtic III, PicArc, and DCSB Libs. Doors CS 7 lets you run any program directly from the homescreen, regardless of llanguage, location in RAM or Archive, or edit-lock status, via a new feature called HomeRun. Rename, edit, copy, delete, archive, lock, or hide programs directly from Doors CS, or create folders to organize your programs. A set of features designed to minimize data loss from RAM clears encourages users to keep programs in Archive, and will restore your folder structure and DCS7 settings after a crash. Learn more about Doors CS 7 and download the shell at http://www.cemetech.net/news.php?id=409 .

Over the past week or so, the CALCnet2.2 project has been resurrected, and has been demonstrated successfully creating 2-, 3-, and 4-calculator networks, although it supports networks of arbitrary size. Development will continue over the coming weeks, albeit at slower speeds as the developer and testers begin their schoolwork for the semester. You can learn more about CALCnet2.2 here: http://www.cemetech.net/news.php?id=413 . We have also seen a significant influx of users at Cemetech in the month of August, and have recently completed several reorganizations to encourage users to post their projects for discussion, publicity, and suggestions. Please also look out for a mobile version of Cemetech coming soon.

Finally, I'd like to remind everyone that Cemetech takes user privacy and security. Except in extraordinary circumstances, no Cemetech moderator or administrator will access or modify your user data, including private profile data, email address, and especially the contents of private messages sent using the forum PM system. Rest assured that your PMs will remain confidential between the sender(s) and recipient(s) and will not be read for any preemptive reasons. We encourage you to demand the same level of privacy from every forum you visit; I am saddened to note that not every forum follows the same code of ethics.

Cheers, and I look forward to seeing you around Cemetech soon!

Sincerely,
Christopher "Kerm Martian" Mitchell
Owner and Administrator, Cemetech
KermMartian wrote:
We encourage you to demand the same level of privacy from every forum you visit; I am saddened to note that not every forum follows the same code of ethics.
IMHO privacy is not an excuse to abuse the forum PM system of a specific board. Most boards have a PM report button, so that people won't take PM privacy as an excuse to send ROMs/illegal material to other members (which could get my site taken down for copyright infrigment) or PM-advertise their website on other's, but that's your call I guess. In TIMGUL case there was a member who kept sending hatemail to another and he got reported. Personally rules are rules and applies everywhere. Of course each site got their own set of rules and ways to apply them, though.
I agree with Omnimaga. Privacy is something that is subject to the medium. If the medium has probable cause, they should be able to compromise the privacy policy in order to fix or stop the problem.
adept wrote:
I agree with Omnimaga. Privacy is something that is subject to the medium. If the medium has probable cause, they should be able to compromise the privacy policy in order to fix or stop the problem.
Fair enough, but not exactly the main point of the post. Wink

I'm happy that people seem to be enjoying Doors CS 7 so far, and I'm looking forward to making CALCnet2.2 more available to developers. At this point I'm strongly leaning towards trying to somehow jam it into a future version of DCS, even though there's currently fewer free bytes in DCS7 than there are bytes in the CALCnet2 libraries.
KermMartian wrote:
adept wrote:
Freedom of speech, man. It was brought up anyway.

Anyway, nice to see Calcnet progress. Can't wait the day where I can play online calc games.
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
adept wrote:
Freedom of speech, man. It was brought up anyway.
Absolutely, and a cornerstone of Cemetech, much to my detriment when Kllrnohj and Ult Dev'r get into a topic. :S He has every right to his opinion.

DJ Omnimaga wrote:
Anyway, nice to see Calcnet progress. Can't wait the day where I can play online calc games.
Nor me! I'm really happy about this; besides Doors CS, it's one of my longest-running projects, and considering I started it over eight years ago, one of the ones that has gone the longest without published working code.
Hehe, that why this place (along with omnimaga) is awsome

I get full privacy and freedom of speech

on pkmn.net it was a dictator ship
qazz42 wrote:
Hehe, that why this place (along with omnimaga) is awsome

I get full privacy and freedom of speech

on pkmn.net it was a dictator ship
I assume that that's a Pokemon website of some kind?
Quote:
I am saddened to note that not every forum follows the same code of ethics.

I honestly am hoping you're not writing this because of the reply I gave you last night. Just to ease my conscience, may I ask if you read my comment I gave you in reply to your concern?

"And you have my word that I do not have any access to your PMs."

Thanks, man
Hot_Dog wrote:
Quote:
I am saddened to note that not every forum follows the same code of ethics.

I honestly am hoping you're not writing this because of the reply I gave you last night. Just to ease my conscience, may I ask if you read my comment I gave you in reply to your concern?

"And you have my word that I do not have any access to your PMs."

Thanks, man
Ah, no, I wrote this long before I finished that exchange with you, fear not. Smile And yeah, I saw your reply, thanks again for the discussion, it's always good to talk these things out imho.
Kerm, yep pokemon with a hint of hitler..
qazz42 wrote:
Kerm, yep pokemon with a hint of hitler..
Haha, well-said. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours