August and September have been among the most active months in recent memory, and the daily posting average is through the roof. Thanks to an influx of new users, the complete of Doors CS 7, and the introduction of many new projects and resurrection of existing projects, Cemetech has seen almost 11,200 posts since August 1st, 2010, an average of over 186 posts per day. For the month of September alone, 6,550 posts have been made, an average of 233 a day, the most for any Cemetech month in history. The usage stats tell the same story: 3,278,356 pages served for August 2010, a total of 4,747,801 hits, and 9.84GB transferred, excluding any search engine spider traffic! For September 2010, 3,463,735 pages have been served up through this morning, with 4,796,230 hits and 10.76 GB transferred, again excluding search engine traffic. For September, search engine spiders accounted for an additional 213K pages served and 2.15GB of transfer, and SAX accounted for 263K pages served but a laughable 6.66MB of transfer, thanks to the extremely efficient incremental SAX data transfer protocol. Thanks to all of you for bringing us this far, and I look forward to this trend continuing in the future. Check out the Site Statistics page for an attractive dynamic graph and more numbers.

In other news, some of the Cemetech Contest #7 winners and entries are now available for download! Others are still pending the authors' decision to release their work, so are not yet available. Almost all of them require Doors CS 7. The programs that you can get so far (including screenshots on the linked download pages):

:: Jerry v0.1 by BrandonW (ASM, 1st Place): Use a USB mouse with Doors CS, without needing to install USB8x on your calculator and with no minimum OS version.
:: Reminder by Souvik1997 (BASIC, 1st Place): Reminder is a Doors CS 7 BASIC program to help you manage, create, and remind you of events. It uses the advanced Doors CS GUI, Celtic3 libraries, and xLIB libraries found in Doors CS 7. This program is very user friendly, and includes a calendar to help in adding events.
:: Clash of Dimension v1.0 by xXEpicxXXxFailXx and CjBailey (BASIC, 2nd Place): Clash of Dimensions is a point-and-click adventure game resembling those of 1990's Sierra games. It harnesses the power of DCS libraries to make a game both fast and fun. You play as a person laid off of work, doing nothing with their life when all of a sudden, a portal appears, you must solve puzzles, use items, and find your way out of the never ending dimensions you appear in.
:: TI-Mail v1.4 by Qazz42 (BASIC entry): TI-Mail is a calculator-to-calculator chat program created with the DCSB Libs.
:: A Simple RPG by Raylin (BASIC entry): This is a very memory efficient and simple RPG. There are only two buttons to press. [2ND] and [ALPHA]; the game auto-saves.

Finally, I'm happy to announce that CALCnet 2.2 is progressing, if not rapidly, then at least in a positive direction. I have begun to publish some technical info on CALCnet including information on the protocol itself, and with the heroic assistance of five Cemetech members this past Monday, managed to optimize enough bytes out of Doors CS to fit in the 900-byte CALCnet 2.2 driver with a few bytes to spare. In the coming weeks I'll be continuing work on the whitepaper and documentation, as well as requesting beta-testing of what will become Doors CS 7.1 with built-in CALCnet 2.2 drivers. Discuss!
I'm pretty excited to help beta test DCS 7.1. I think CALCnet is one of the most exciting projects yet, since I've always wanted to be able to connect a bunch of calcs to do stuff.
merthsoft wrote:
I'm pretty excited to help bet test DCS 7.1. I think CALCnet is one of the most exciting projects yet, since I've always wanted to be able to connect a bunch of calcs to do stuff.
Thanks Merth! I'm excited about it too; my efforts over the past eight years or so hopefully show how much the project means to me.
This is awesome. n-Calc linking. Just wait till it goes wireless. Chatting with friends in a boring math class.
ACagliano wrote:
This is awesome. n-Calc linking. Just wait till it goes wireless. Chatting with friends in a boring math class.
Yeah, I guess after I release documentation, publish Doors CS 7.1, and make an FTP client of sorts, I'll have to consider designing wireless hardware for it.
Would you mass produce and sell said hardware?
ACagliano wrote:
Would you mass produce and sell said hardware?
I seriously doubt I'll be mass-producing and selling either the wired or wireless hardware, should there be any, but I'd welcome another entrepreneurial soul deciding to do so. Smile

No comments on the nearly 5 million hits for August and September? Smile
Screw that. CALCNET 2.2 is coming out. lol.

That's pretty awesome.
ACagliano wrote:
Screw that. CALCNET 2.2 is coming out. 0x5.

That's pretty awesome.
Haha, thanks. Have you tried out NetPong v1.0 yet, ACag? Alternative question, do you have hardware on which to test it, ie, at least two calculators and a link cable?
I have one calc and zero links. Does that answer your question?
ACagliano wrote:
I have one calc and zero links. Does that answer your question?
It unfortunately does. For you and everyone else in a similar predicament, WabbitEmu now allows two-calculator linking, and PindurTI has offered 4-calculator linking for quite some time. I recommend PindurTI for CALCnet2.2 testing for now, because WabbitEmu's two-calculator mode is still extremely buggy.
Is that mac software?

PS: I'll talk to u on fb about this. Ain't putting it here.
Nice updates. You really oughta make the graph so the posts on the vertical axis shows like 50, 100, 150, 200, 250, 300 and so on, though. It might be a bit easier to read. A second stat graph with the monthly post stats (maybe bars instead of a line) would be cool, too, as well as traffic.

Btw where is all that traffic from for the most part? Is it mostly from the forums, the DCS wiki or the Unreal Tournament server?

Also I can't wait to see the other contest entries and CALCNet progress Smile

EDIT: Also I see you recently went close to beating a posting record twice in a matter of a few days. :O
That's only for .cemetech.net, and it's almost entirely forum traffic, with less significant traffic to . The UT server is completely separate, on a different machine in a different city from the webserver. Smile Each of the subdomains incurred additional traffic, for example, for September:

dcs.cemetech.net: 14.8K pages, 33.3K hits, 163MB transfer
resume.cemetech.net: 408 pages, 4289 hits, 75MB transfer
sc.cemetech.net: 1404 redirects
Ah ok I see. Darn, that's a lot. On Omni, forum posting activity is high too, but we just had 1 million requests in a month for the first time ever. I don't know about page views, but I know the forums alone aren't even half a million and I believe the forum counts spider traffic.

Basically, that's not even close to what traffic Cemetech gets (and even less ticalc.org)

One day I need to check if there may not be some more stuff I could work on to help Google ranking. I added some META keywords 6 months ago, but I did not even remove the old ones that are no longer relevant.
I've been trying to do a lot of meta optimization and SEO lately, but from Google webmaster tools I've noticed that the keywords that Google most associates with Cemetech are forum terms like "user", "post", "topic", and similar things. :S
Yeah, in my case, in the top 10, the only relevant world that Omni associates with, according to Google webmaster tools, is "Calculators", in second place. In the top 20 I even saw "Jeff".
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
Yeah, in my case, in the top 10, the only relevant world that Omni associates with, according to Google webmaster tools, is "Calculators", in second place. In the top 20 I even saw "Jeff".
Calculator slots in at #26 for Cemetech. :/ The divider between posts and signatures (__________) is actually higher, ranked #10. Razz
W00t, 5 million! Everything happened at the perfect time, the contest, DCS7, and CALCnet. Congrats on everything, all.
xXEpicxXXxFailXx wrote:
W00t, 5 million! Everything happened at the perfect time, the contest, DCS7, and CALCnet. Congrats on everything, all.
Thanks, Epic! It was indeed a happy confluence of factors like events and projects and releases.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours