So I've started working on a C# library that makes doing stuff with CALCnet on the computer pretty simple. As a demonstration I made a program to work with Chat!, here's a screen shot:

I need to do some more work with the code, and next I'm making a netpong client, but it should be ready to be released within a few days (depending on when I work on it). Here's some sample code to show how you use it:

Code:
var c = new CALCnet("IRCHub", "testname", "gcnhub.cemetech.net", 4295, CalcID);
c.Connect();
c.SendBroadcast(UserNameBytes);
So this creates a new calcnet object connecting to gcnhub.cemetech.net:4295, talking to IRCHub with the local name testname, and the given calc id (you have to make one up). It then connects to it, and then sends a broadcast packet with the calcID and the user name for Chat!.

It's pretty straight-forward to use. I don't know how useful this actually is to anyone, but it was fun to make Smile
Looks very nice. This could be useful for adding CALCnet/gCn capabilities to WabbitEmu.
Oh, I hadn't even though of that. I'd be happy to help wabbitemu Smile
Hmm, now I wonder, where is the CALCnet class you are creating? (I mean the source, so I can understand this better Razz) other than that, looks pretty nice Very Happy I wanna test!
qazz42 wrote:
Hmm, now I wonder, where is the CALCnet class you are creating? (I mean the source, so I can understand this better Razz) other than that, looks pretty nice Very Happy I wanna test!
It'll all be available once I get it cleaned up and get the netpong demo done, too.
Ah, fine! I guess I could wait... Razz

I am actually quite interested on seeing how the Connect() method if going to have calc -> comp interactions (assuming it does that..)
qazz42 wrote:
Ah, fine! I guess I could wait... Razz

I am actually quite interested on seeing how the Connect() method if going to have calc -> comp interactions (assuming it does that..)
This completely abstracts away the calc, so it just creates a socket and connects to gcnhub.cemetech.net.
merthsoft wrote:
Oh, I hadn't even though of that. I'd be happy to help wabbitemu Smile
Oh snap, I hadn't really thought of that either, that would be excellent! You'd still need the equivalent of the Arduino to convert the Cn2.2 messages to data/clock lines states.
Soooo, Arduino emulator? Judging by google, there seems not to be one.... how would that play out? O-o perhaps Kerm can write something in python or something?
That could be done in code.
qazz42 wrote:
Soooo, Arduino emulator? Judging by google, there seems not to be one.... how would that play out? O-o perhaps Kerm can write something in python or something?
Perhaps you didn't Google hard enough, then, because somehow even Sonlen found two different Arduino emulators. Nevertheless, running my Arduino code in an emulator would be a rather inefficient way to build gCn into WabbitEmu.
Hmm, still cant find anything... strange.... could you direct Sonlen here to give me the links perhaps?
Emulare

Emulino

Those are the 2 I found.
Ah, thanks Sonlen, I did not find theses for some reason Sad
Anyway, this is all very nice and exciting, but I think it belongs in another thread. Let's stick with what it means that Shaun managed to write C# gCn drivers for now, and what he/you could directly use them for.
I would have to admit, somehow connecting the calc to the emulated arduino so it is connected to irc would be nice.... although, I would assume that the Silverlink would not want to cooperate.... perhaps somehow using USB would work mabye.... but then it would be limited to TI-84+/se users... [/rambling]
qazz42 wrote:
I would have to admit, somehow connecting the calc to the emulated arduino so it is connected to irc would be nice.... although, I would assume that the Silverlink would not want to cooperate.... perhaps somehow using USB would work mabye.... but then it would be limited to TI-84+/se users... [/rambling]
As Kerm said, we're getting out of the scope of this topic right now.
qazz42 wrote:
That's not moving to the topic at hand. Razz Don't think that gCn is just about IRC; IRC just happens to be one particular internet service that I welded into the gCn framework. The main function of gCn is to connect networks of calculators across the internet for the sake of chatting, sharing files, playing games, etc. Merth's library is awesome because it means we could have computer-side versions of Cn2.2 calculator games like Netpong, Obliterate, CALCnet Tournament, etc to play the same game between calculators and computers.
Hmm, I would use his libraries for making a txted based game and have some multi player things on it like trading items and all that jazz
Then you'd also have to create a calculator-side client for the game as well, of course. Smile Right now Merth is writing a computer-side NetPong client for gCn.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours