With my example GUI, no. The first would be the GUI Large Window, second would be GUI Text, third, fourth, and fifth would be GUI Radio Buttons.
{0,0,0,1,0

so 0 and 1 and 0
calcman wrote:
so you omit str and have numeric value for number strN

also is the string (ans) stored as a list?
Yes, and yes respectively!
i figured it out....
+1+0+00001+text
+1= check box
+0= radio
+00001= num. box
+text= text box
right?
Can you post the code you got those numbers from?
_player1537 wrote:
Can you post the code you got those numbers from?
^This. It depends on what items you pushed onto the GUI stack before you called the GUIMouse. It looks to me like you pushed a check box, a radio button, a 5-digit number box, and a text box.

Code:
:sum(7,0,255
:sum(7,1,"f8888888f8","Calcman test"
:sum(7,7,2,10,"button
:sum(7,11,35,"check
:sum(7,8,65,10,1,8,"8888888888
:sum(7,5,32
:sum(7,12,2,17,1,1,10
:sum(7,9,24,2,45,15,""
:sum(12,47,32,1
:output(1,1,str1

this i made by myself!

Edit by Tanner: Use code blocks for code.
Very nice. My only criticism is that radio buttons are pretty useless as single items, but since this is a test program to understand the DCS GUI API, that's hardly a valid criticism. Smile
why would i use either of these?

Code:

sum(9
sum(10

dsc lib.
You use those to open and close the stack. You shouldn't do stuff on the GUI stack before opening it, and you should always close it when you're done.
so kind of like:
open the door to go in your room and when leaving shut the door behind you.
Yeah, basically like that.
why cant i use xlib drawing commands and then use the sum(12
mouse command without the xlib drawings erasing?
It's something to do with how it's all put together. If I remember correctly, the best way to handle it is to draw all the xlib stuff, store it as a picture, and push the fullscreen picture item on to the GUI stack before rendering the mouse.
merthsoft wrote:
It's something to do with how it's all put together. If I remember correctly, the best way to handle it is to draw all the xlib stuff, store it as a picture, and push the fullscreen picture item on to the GUI stack before rendering the mouse.

^this, I do beleive that the GUI will wipe everything when rendered.
qazz42 wrote:
merthsoft wrote:

Not exactly. If the first GUI element you push is a GUIR Null, with the Transparency byte set to 255, it will draw over what was there. Not sure if it works perfectly in Basic because I remember Souvik having lots of trouble with it.
will do so:

Code:

:xlib code
:storepicN
:sum(7,3,N
:sum(12,x,y,1
_player1537 wrote:
qazz42 wrote:
merthsoft wrote:

Not exactly. If the first GUI element you push is a GUIR Null, with the Transparency byte set to 255, it will draw over what was there. Not sure if it works perfectly in Basic because I remember Souvik having lots of trouble with it.

OOOHHH YEEAAHH, I forgot about that there was an option to not wipe it >.>
what option, on sum(12 ?
_player1537 wrote:

This generally works quite well. I don't particularly recall Souvik having difficulties with it. Sad

Code:
:xlib code
:storepicN
:sum(7,3,N
:sum(12,x,y,1
This is close. You need a GUIRNull before the full-screen image, though: every set of items in the GUIStack has to start with a GUIRNull, a GUIRSmallWindow, or a GUIRLargeWindow.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 11 of 12
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours