So I read that Sum(11) renders a GUI without the mouse, but can you
still move lets say a cursor, and it moves to the next "clickable" area like in for example, the pause menu in almost every video game.
If I need to explain more, let me know.
Thanks Ahead of time. Very Happy
If you mean to use the DCS cursor, separate from the GUI, you can use sum(6
If you mean to have a mouse-less GUI, like TabFuncs, you'll have to keep track of everything by hand.
And yes, elaboration would be helpful. Very Happy
calcdude84se wrote:
If you mean to use the DCS cursor, separate from the GUI, you can use sum(6
If you mean to have a mouse-less GUI, like TabFuncs, you'll have to keep track of everything by hand.
And yes, elaboration would be helpful. Very Happy

The latter is what I wanted, I find that a mouse for game GUI's are a bit out of the ordinary, and I like keeping it normal(ish).
You can certainly set up a GUI with sub(7) pushes, render with sum(11), and choose not to invoke the mouse at all, instead using your own input routines. The one downside is you'll have to handle all of the possible input yourself with no assistance from Doors CS, including (most painfully) with text input. I recommend it mostly for simple GUIs or for GUIs that you want to be non-interactive always or at one particular point.
KermMartian wrote:
You can certainly set up a GUI with sub(7) pushes, render with sum(11), and choose not to invoke the mouse at all, instead using your own input routines. The one downside is you'll have to handle all of the possible input yourself with no assistance from Doors CS, including (most painfully) with text input. I recommend it mostly for simple GUIs or for GUIs that you want to be non-interactive always or at one particular point.

Is there a way to get the mouse to move as if it was a pointer instead?
Celtic3/xLib to make a mouse. And then only allow it to move up and down. Otherwise, you will have to rely on someone getting it in that row. (not that hard, I use it in my new project and it looks pretty awesome)
Sonlen wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Can you clarify what you mean by a pointer? I'm inclined to say 'no' regardless, though, as you can't really change the mouse's behavior.
KermMartian wrote:
Sonlen wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Can you clarify what you mean by a pointer? I'm inclined to say 'no' regardless, though, as you can't really change the mouse's behavior.

Let me find a screeny to show an example in a few, I am trying to get one last sprite done for tifreak, then I will look for an example.
OK, sounds good. I think you'll probably have to go with one of the other BASIC libs that DCS provides for the actual mouse movement, like xLIB sprites over the DCS-rendered GUI, as tanner said.
Link

The finger pointer moves up and down to the other selections when you push up or down, and if you hit A in the actual game, it opens a sub-menu.
Yeah, imho I think the xLib sprite routines would be best for that. Are you planning on making an rpg? Or a battle engine, or similar? Or would you rather not say yet?
Yeah, for that you'll want to use a sprite function of some sort, I imagine.

_player beat me to it.
_player1537 wrote:
Yeah, imho I think the xLib sprite routines would be best for that. Are you planning on making an rpg? Or a battle engine, or similar? Or would you rather not say yet?

Well I wanted to make a game engine almost just like the original FF games.
_player1537 wrote:
xLib sprites for the hand, but DCS GUIs for the menus, of course. Wink
KermMartian wrote:
_player1537 wrote:

That was my plan.
Sonlen wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
_player1537 wrote:

That was my plan.
Very good. Care to post up some sample code and screenies if you make some first, or questions, if that comes first instead?
KermMartian wrote:
Sonlen wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
_player1537 wrote:

That was my plan.
Very good. Care to post up some sample code and screenies if you make some first, or questions, if that comes first instead?

I will keep you guys updated as I work it through, though I do have one question, is there a way to make a design for the menu, and how can I customize it's appearance as much as possible?
Which menu, the GUIMenu? Since you're drawing your own GUI, you can do whatever you want to the GUI, including customizing it however you please.
KermMartian wrote:
Which menu, the GUIMenu? Since you're drawing your own GUI, you can do whatever you want to the GUI, including customizing it however you please.

I guess I should have asked how would I make a custom border?
Sonlen wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

I guess I should have asked how would I make a custom border?
http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php?title=BasicLibs:PushGUIStack

Do you perhaps mean one of these two?

# GUIRBorder: sum(7,21,X,Y,WIDTH,HEIGHT,COLOR). Render an outlined, unfilled rectangle with upper-left corner (X,Y), width WIDTH, and height HEIGHT. COLOR is 0=white, 1=black.

# GUIRRect: sum(7,22,X,Y,WIDTH,HEIGHT,COLOR). Render a filled rectangle with upper-left corner (X,Y), width WIDTH, and height HEIGHT. COLOR is 0=white, 1=black, 2=invert.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 12
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours