Me too. In fact, well over half of my calculator collection (at least ten or fifteen calculators) is there somewhere or other; the day that I undercover them, there will be some epic photographs to post up here at Cemetech. Smile
nice lol
looking forward to that Smile
WhiteValkery wrote:
nice 0x5
You and me both. Besides my 83+SE, my 83+BE Green and Blue are there, my TI-89, my 86, my original TI-83, and countless 83+s.
KermMartian wrote:
WhiteValkery wrote:
nice 0x5
You and me both. Besides my 83+SE, my 83+BE Green and Blue are there, my TI-89, my 86, my original TI-83, and countless 83+s.

countless 83+s ? 0.0
Aye, some working, some torn apart for experimentation and Ultimate Calculator and CSA prototypes, others ones with faulty LCDs.
KermMartian wrote:
Aye, some working, some torn apart for experimentation and Ultimate Calculator and CSA prototypes, others ones with faulty LCDs.

wow...
but they are pretty expensive now days even... how much did each one cost when you bought them? Surprised

i only have a TI-84 plus, TI-83 plus silver, and a TI-85

the 85 has no rom... which was a pain... since a lot of the apps crashes the calc...

i used to use the 85 before i got the 84.... i would have to say that i was hugely revealed when i started using the 84's rom...

i still remembered the feeling of accidentally reseting the 85 before i copied the basic programs on to the comp... (shivers...)

though it is easier to program on the 85 and 86 series then the 83 and 84s... location of the commands are a lot more convent...
You mean the 85 has no *EEPROM, technically; they all have ROM. Smile My original 83 also obviously has only ROM, no EEPROM / Flash, but I still love it anyway. We need to start teaching you with a period (.) is and how it's used to end sentences. An ellipse (...) does not end sentences. Also, Capital Letters are used to denote the start of a sentence, and commas (,) are used to separate phrases in a sentence.
KermMartian wrote:
You mean the 85 has no *EEPROM, technically; they all have ROM. Smile My original 83 also obviously has only ROM, no EEPROM / Flash, but I still love it anyway. We need to start teaching you with a period (.) is and how it's used to end sentences. An ellipse (...) does not end sentences. Also, Capital Letters are used to denote the start of a sentence, and commas (,) are used to separate phrases in a sentence.

bahh... yeah...
i call it rom on a computer its the ram that resets when power stops... so i just thought that it would be appropriate to use rom...

as for the way i talk... it is my personal lazy trademark way of communication XD
only i ,whitevalkery, am allowed to talk this way!

"..." is the same thing as "," when it is between sentences... and "." when it is at the end of a paragraph...

Razz
Commas seperate clauses and semicolons seperate two related sentences. You use (...) when you are trailing off a sentence.
WhiteValkery wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

bahh... yeah...
i call it rom on a computer its the ram that resets when power stops... so i just thought that it would be appropriate to use rom...

as for the way i talk... it is my personal lazy trademark way of communication XD

"..." is the same thing as "," when it is between sentences... and "." when it is at the end of a paragraph...

Razz
No, no one, not even WhiteValkery, is allowed to use laziness as an excuse for bad grammar. It takes you more keystrokes to type ...[enter][enter] at the end of a sentence than .[space], which is the correct end to a sentence (actually, two spaces). Similarly, it takes fewer keystrokes to use a comma than an ellipse.
souvik1997 wrote:
Commas seperate clauses and semicolons seperate two related sentences. You use (...) when you are trailing off a sentence.

yeah. basically when i stop and think...
KermMartian wrote:
An ellipse (...) does not end sentences.
*ellipsis Razz I'll put that down to Muphry's law!

KermMartian wrote:
It takes you more keystrokes to type ...[enter][enter] at the end of a sentence than .[space], which is the correct end to a sentence (actually, two spaces).
A single space follows a full stop (or period, if you will). Two spaces is a holdover from the bad old days of typewriters. Take a look in a printed book if you don't believe me. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
WhiteValkery wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

bahh... yeah...

Razz
No, no one, not even WhiteValkery, is allowed to use laziness as an excuse for bad grammar. It takes you more keystrokes to type ...[enter][enter] at the end of a sentence than .[space], which is the correct end to a sentence (actually, two spaces). Similarly, it takes fewer keystrokes to use a comma than an ellipse.

well... i dont like to stop typing...
so i think while i am finishing up with the "..."
usually that's all the time i need to think Razz
dot dot dot
How do you stop typing when you use a comma or period?
Sorry, ellipsis, not a series of three ellipses (a circle is a special case of ellipse, right?). And I was taught to write essays in elementary school with two spaces after every full stop, presumably by teachers who learned to type on typewriters, so the habit is firmly entrenched in my muscle memory.
Wow that TI-83+SE is awesome, especially the custom splash screen Smile

By the way, lately I have often found out about people who didn't know there was ever a TI-83 Plus Silver Edition. I think TI did not help that by making it one of the graphing calc model that was sold for the shortest amount of time ever (only 3 years), at a time where the regular 83 plus was much more popular due to the price. I think the original TI-92 was not sold for very long either, same for the TI-92 Plus. The TI-80, 81, 82 and 85, however, were around for 6-7 years, the TI-86 for 10 and the TI-83 was re-released in 2004 as the TI-82 STATS, in Europe.
well, I have

nspire
TI-89T
and a TI-84+SE that can emulate a TI-85 and TI-81
I now have:
A TI84+SE
A TI83+SE that can emulate a TI-86
KermMartian wrote:
And I was taught to write essays in elementary school with two spaces after every full stop, presumably by teachers who learned to type on typewriters, so the habit is firmly entrenched in my muscle memory.
Many people were. However, CMOS, AP Stylebook, and MLA all say just one space.
Merth, I'm sure they do, but I'm a creature of habit. Smile Souvik and Qazz, you guys don't want to start a calculator battle. DJ, I agree, it's unfortunate how many people don't know of the 83+SE, and indeed how rare they are.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours