This calculator:

was the calculator Merthsoft donated for Contest #7, and I won it!!!

Here are some more pictures:

DoorsCS7 Souvik1997 Edition:

Ti83+SE vs. Ti84+SE

Other pictures found here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/109755635561091659882/MyNewCalculator#5520264846910270546

Also, a handwritten note written by Merthsoft:
Quote:

Date:9/20/2010
To:Souvik

Great job on your program, while not very useful to me now, in high school it would have been invaluable. I've been poring over the code and it is quite well done. You very much deserved to win this calc! I hope it serves you well

Shaun "Merthsoft" McFall

Now all I need to do is get that SilverLink cable
Very Happy
Nice. Custom OS splash screen. Smile
Cheers Souvik! Thanks again to Merth for his selfless contribution to the contest. I can post the original of that About screen if anyone wants; Merth also has his own for all his help and money and efforts.
custom splash is makin me jealous...
congrats!
shmibs wrote:
custom splash is makin me jealous...
congrats!
You'll have to enter into and win the next Cemetech contest that we hold, then, shmibs! Souvik, have you tried out CALCnet yet?
Kerm, I can't try out Calcnet because I don't have an I/O cable
x.x
but I will look for one!
Sad I wanted a TI-83+SE

ah well, I can always get one online for christmas
souvik1997 wrote:
Kerm, I can't try out Calcnet because I don't have and I/O cable
x.x
but I will look for one!
Aww, you should definitely figure out a way to get one. Smile Do you have any ideas of what you're going to use your two calculators for?
I want to make multiplayer games and chatting programs

Smile
souvik1997 wrote:
I want to make multiplayer games and chatting programs

Smile
Awesome! Maybe you'll even learn assembly so you can use CALCnet. Smile
Kerm, would this work for an I/O cable?: http://www.amazon.com/Hosa-Stereo-Mini-2-5mm-Cable/dp/B001JYP8YE/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1285327683&sr=1-4

I am also buying this:http://www.amazon.com/Texas-Instruments-94327-Graphlink-USB/dp/B00006BXBS/ref=sr_1_1?s=gateway&ie=UTF8&qid=1285325224&sr=8-1
KermMartian wrote:
souvik1997 wrote:
Kerm, I can't try out Calcnet because I don't have and I/O cable
x.x
but I will look for one!
Aww, you should definitely figure out a way to get one. Smile Do you have any ideas of what you're going to use your two calculators for?

>Very Happy

err, yeah, I want to be able to experiance emu8x to the fullest because of the SE'S RAM pages

and some other stuff

like TI-Mail
I also want to install TI-Boy SE and Emu8x

Edit: This topic is probably in the wrong section of the forum. Could someone move this topic to General Open Topic?
Moved as requested.
souvik1997 wrote:
Electrically, yes, but from the photograph it looks like the plastic part of the plug will be too wide. You might have to shave off some of the plastic, especially to plug it into your 84, which has that annoying aperture around the link port.
cool!
a TI-83 silver...

do they even sell those anymore?

i have one too... though it was passed down to me after my brother no longer needed it haha...

i still like my TI-84 plus better though... since it looks better and i dont really need the extra mem...

plus personally i just find the TI-83 silver a bit toy looking lol
p.s. the screen of my TI-83 silver is a bit tilted... (which might explain why i dont like it as much Razz, either that or its just because i can;t play TI-84 games on it haha)
I dunno, I prefer the look of the TI-83+ and the 83+ Silver to the new 84 design; I consider it more utilitarian and functional. I think the streamlining on the 84+ line is just a bit too aesthetic-based for my tastes.
KermMartian wrote:
I dunno, I prefer the look of the TI-83+ and the 83+ Silver to the new 84 design; I consider it more utilitarian and functional. I think the streamlining on the 84+ line is just a bit too aesthetic-based for my tastes.

i see...
i actually like the TI-83's greenish screen better then the completely bleached white screen of the TI-84... the black case of the original TI-83 pluses are nice too...

its just that i dont really like the transparent look of the TI-83 silver edition... i think it looks toy like because of all the colorful buttons haha...

they remind me of some cheap made in china toy that makes annoying sounds when you press the buttons or something... or perhaps one of those stupid musical guns XD

but ya... i always wondered why they designed it so toy like...
I guess the sparkliness is a little off-putting at first, but it eventually grew on me. Unfortunately my SE is lost to the deep dark corners of my parents' house somewhere. Sad
KermMartian wrote:
I guess the sparkliness is a little off-putting at first, but it eventually grew on me. Unfortunately my SE is lost to the deep dark corners of my parents' house somewhere. Sad

:/
that sucks...
i hope you find it some day :/

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours