So I'm trying to make an ASM program. I'm starting with basically an empty DCS header:
http://cemetech.pastebin.com/YhYxSxFi
When I try and run this on WabbitEmu, DCS says it's a BASIC program. What's going on here?
merthsoft wrote:
So I'm trying to make an ASM program. I'm starting with basically an empty DCS header:
http://cemetech.pastebin.com/YhYxSxFi
When I try and run this on WabbitEmu, DCS says it's a BASIC program. What's going on here?
Nothing is jumping out at me; are you using the DCS toolchain to compile it?
Yes, and here is the output:
http://cemetech.pastebin.com/9H0BSmb9
merthsoft wrote:
Yes, and here is the output:
http://cemetech.pastebin.com/9H0BSmb9
How big is the resultant .8xp? It looks like the problem is spaces in your path (D:\Documents and Settings\...).
The file is 1kb, and the path shown there is correct, D:\Documents\Programming\z80\ is where my stuff is.
However, when I type "Compile.bat asdfasdf" it goes ahead and compiles it... And creates an 8xp. There is no file asdfasdf.
Alright, solved it. The problem was I was trying to compile it with the extension.
merthsoft wrote:
Alright, solved it. The problem was I was trying to compile it with the extension.
Ah, glad to hear that you resolved it. Smile Keep me updated with your future ASM Woes.
Oh I will.
I'm trying to do this:

Code:
call PushGUIStack(GUIRLargeWin,LargeWinData,LareWinDataE-LargeWinData)
and it says:

Code:
Error: Could not parse expression 'lda,1' (Invalid number). [zztemp.asm:46]
Error: Could not parse expression 'LareWinDataE-LargeWinData' (Invalid number). [zztemp.asm:46]
Is "LareWinDataE" supposed to be "LargeWinDataE"? It also sounds like there's a typo somewhere in those macros that I never use re: "lda,1" instead of "ld a,1".
Oops. It was a typo but a consistent one. As for the macro it says

Code:
#define PushGUIStack(xx,yyyy,zzzz) ld a,xx \ ld hl,yyyy \ ld de,zzzz \ call PushGUIStack
Huh, that looks perfectly fine to me. :/ I might recommend not bothering with the macros; they've always been somewhat problematic.
But they're so much easier to use!

EDIT:
AHA! It happens if you call the macro instead of just putting the macro.
merthsoft wrote:
But they're so much easier to use!

EDIT:
AHA! It happens if you call the macro instead of just putting the macro.
Ahhh, that makes perfect sense! Nice job figuring that out. Smile Now I now to offer that solution to other people who run across the same problem in the future.
The GUIRButtonText has an OnClick pointer. Can one only click on a button, or is it possible to make something accept enter, other than having polling for key input?
Also, with the input box, it asks for a string. Is there a way to allocate X bytes?
Also Also, with the OnClick, it seems to freeze when I do click, any idea? I can post the code. There's also some kind of square character in the input box at the start. Aaand, is there a way to make an input text box read only?
merthsoft wrote:
The GUIRButtonText has an OnClick pointer. Can one only click on a button, or is it possible to make something accept enter, other than having polling for key input?
No way other than using a MouseHook.
merthsoft wrote:
Also, with the input box, it asks for a string. Is there a way to allocate X bytes?
Can you clarify your question?
merthsoft wrote:
Also Also, with the OnClick, it seems to freeze when I do click, any idea? I can post the code. There's also some kind of square character in the input box at the start. Aaand, is there a way to make an input text box read only?
Did you remember to make call ResetAppPage the very very first command at the label the OnClick goes to? Did you remember to put a zero-terminator as the sole contents of the textbox?
Quote:
No way other than using a MouseHook.
Damn.
Quote:
Can you clarify your question?
I guess the real question is how do I get the data back out after I put some stuff in it? I've got a label before the .db 0, but I'm not sure if it gets filled in from there or what.
Quote:
Did you remember to make call ResetAppPage the very very first command at the label the OnClick goes to?
Ah, it must be the ResetAppPage thing. I assume this was documented somewhere and I'm just bad at reading.
Quote:
Did you remember to put a zero-terminator as the sole contents of the textbox?
Yes.
And what about read-only textboxes?
Not so much with read-only textboxes, I'm afraid; use a GUIRRect and a GUIRText instead. And to get data back out you use GUIFindFirst with GUIFindNext or you use GUIFindThis.
Ah, ok. The issue with the GUIRRext and the GUIRText is that I will then have to deal with the scrolling stuff, whereas a multi-line text box already does all that for me.
merthsoft wrote:
Ah, ok. The issue with the GUIRRext and the GUIRText is that I will then have to deal with the scrolling stuff, whereas a multi-line text box already does all that for me.
Ah, an excellent point. Assuming this is for the project we discussed, though, you just need to scroll up and down by a line, which is a hell of a lot easier that scrolling by character.
So I've got this chunk of code:

Code:
Click:
   call ResetAppPage
   PopGUIStacks(4)
   CloseGUIStack()
   ret

My intuition is that this should be returning back to the shell, but it doesn't, it just freezes. There are four things on the stack, so it's not like it's trying to push something that doesn't exist. Any ideas?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours