so i was thinking about gameboys... did you know they made cammeras, printers, and alot more to be used by the game boy color? well can that be done with calculators? and if so, id really like some code or program that can print, as i have a new printer with a USB port in the back, so there wouldnt be a computer or driver involved...
http://www.brandonw.net/calculators/print8x/
Brandon Wilson has been working on this for a while.
wow. that guys good.
Brandon Wilson is the sh1t, man.
rcplanegy wrote:
wow. that guys good.
BrandonW is indeed a very skilled programmer. Some of the different peripherals and peripheral projects:

:: [url]Emerson[/url], a PS/2 library written by Ben Ryves. Implemented in my Ultimate Calculator 1 and 2 for use with keyboards and mice (Ult Calc 2 has a built-in touchpad)
:: USB devices, including mice, keyboards, and as shown above, printers. There's also been sporadic experimentation with Bluetooth and other USB devices with more limited success
:: USB mass storage devices, ie, flash drives
:: SPINterface: An ancient project by Richfiles; included a memory expander and an audio amplifier, among others
:: Sound via either headphones or AM radio induction
:: Calculator-controlled backlights, like my CSA (Color Screen Adapter) project and similar experiment by Ben and Ultimate Dev'r
KermMartian wrote:
:: Calculator-controlled backlights, like my CSA (Color Screen Adapter) project and similar experiment by Ben and Ultimate Dev'r

The RGB Screen

Wow; I released that almost 6 years ago Very Happy

Also, was there ever a successful TI-83+ series memory expander (i.e. PIXpand, but something that actually worked for more than 2 people)?
Check out my project! This thing has a camera in it!
http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4690&highlight=calc82
I haven't finished cuz marching band caught up with me! I'll be picking it up to finish it after Christmas.
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

The RGB Screen

Wow; I released that almost 6 years ago Very Happy

Also, was there ever a successful TI-83+ series memory expander (i.e. PIXpand, but something that actually worked for more than 2 people)?
Not that I know of, unfortunately. I just tried to find information on the SPInterface cartridges for memory expansion, but the information seems to have vanished from the internet. :/

@Adept: Indeed, I am looking very forward to you picking that up again.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours