The Cover Photo, can it be hidden in settings so you don't see anyones or is it the account holders preference whether or not to display one? I know you don't need one, but it's another story to have one and hide it from certain users (or in general).
comicIDIOT wrote:
The Cover Photo, can it be hidden in settings so you don't see anyones or is it the account holders preference whether or not to display one? I know you don't need one, but it's another story to have one and hide it from certain users (or in general).

My bad - during the beta, the cover photo could be "collapsed" so that it was only 200px or so high. It seems they removed/fixed this for the public release.

As far as I know, the standard photo privacy settings do not apply to cover photos. Not sure if you can hide the cover photo album...
Ah. Yeah, I don't see the setting either. I see some creative uses with this. I've got one in mine already. >:]
It's halfway decent, but they need to stop making so many changes. I hate receiving game request too...
Well, now that I have all you guys as facebook friends, only, facebook is tolerable. Thank for never sending me those stupid game requests Very Happy
Wait. Qazz, you *only* have people from the web as friends on Facebook? o.0
comicIDIOT wrote:

Well, I have some cousins who live in India, and a few of my best IRL friends. But you guys make up about 75% of it `-`

And do note, I do not have any personal info on facebook or anything.
comicIDIOT wrote:

Interesting, the only web friends I have are Kerm and Qazz right now Razz 99.9% are IRL friends/acquaintances.
Heh, I would have kids from my school, but they post some of the most inane stuff to ever plague the internet.
qazz42 wrote:
Heh, I would have kids from my school, but they post some of the most inane stuff to ever plague the internet.

Smart lists/lists. Helps you easily avoid crud.
But then what is the point of adding them? It is not like I really like anyone at my school who isn't a close friend.....
It helps to have "friends" so you can have an audience. I post my photos and I get responses from friends who want their photos taken, prints, or critique. And it's great.

For the friends I care about, they're in a list that populates my news feed. I've stopped using it though, as Facebook now does a relatively good job about only showing stories from the friends I interact with frequently, and I can see popular stories from the friends I don't keep in touch with so often (who normally wouldn't be in that list).
Facebook is have an election of its own over the next 7 days. From December 3rd to December 10th, users will be able to vote on a new policies, namely "Data Use Policy" and "Statement of Rights and Responsibilities." If 30% of the active user base votes, the results will be final. If less than 30% vote, the results will be advisory to the final decision. Here's the blog post on the matter directly on Facebook and a few other sites. I don't wish to influence your decision - not like this is political implications, though - so I won't say much here but be sure you make an informed decision!

https://www.facebook.com/notes/facebook-site-governance/responding-to-your-feedback/10152321231735301
http://www.zdnet.com/facebook-users-have-one-week-to-vote-on-voting-rights-7000008240/
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/12/03/facebook-vote-idUSL1E8N3FT320121203
http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57556794-93/facebook-opens-vote-on-policy-changes-addresses-privacy-concerns/
30% is ridiculously high.
Agreed, and since the news carries like anything else on Facebook their post about the vote will only reach like 5% of the users subscribed to the page. Plus, only 2.4M people are "subscribed" to the FaceBook governance page. I'd say the 300M or so needed for this to pass is almost unrealistic.

Here's hoping enough users vote.
Currently the vote is 2k for, 15k against.
Should I be for this or against this? I can't think independently so I need someone else to tell me how to vote.
xXEpicxXXxFailXx wrote:
I am dissapoint in you Facebook, fix nao plz.

Hear hear!

AMEN!
DShiznit wrote:
Should I be for this or against this? I can't think independently so I need someone else to tell me how to vote.

You shouldn't vote if you need someone to tell you how to vote. But I will believe you're trying to be funny and actually will make an educated vote.
I voted but its still well under 200,000. I doubt it will reach much over 1million at this rate

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 4 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours