I'm happy to hear that even though we're all technology enthusiasts to some degree or other we all stop short of going too far overboard. Smile
the only reason i use facebook is for the rare (super rare) communication that sometimes or rarely... reason of communicating with some of my old friends...

since i normally use msn...

oh... and used to play some random games on facebook...
such as restaurant city and stuff... (its quite fun!)
Way back in the day there was a Jetman craze at my school, so I was forced to play to try to own people, but other than that I've only rarely used Facebook applications or games, and certainly not in the last few years.
KermMartian wrote:
Way back in the day there was a Jetman craze at my school, so I was forced to play to try to own people, but other than that I've only rarely used Facebook applications or games, and certainly not in the last few years.

OH YEAH!
what ever happened to that application now...
i think its actually been removed...

cause a few years back i tried to play jet man again and found out that it was removed... i was never really good at that game though...
most people in my class pretty much owned me... -.-
I started out being only decent at it, but over the week or three that it was popular I got significantly better at it. Razz
I like how much media coverage this got. Everyone was like "OMG FB is down! It's the end of the world!!!"
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
I like how much media coverage this got. Everyone was like "OMG FB is down! It's the end of the world!!!"
I was more happy about the number of media outlets and tweeps who decided that it was a good thing that Facebook was down and that the event would buoy everyone's productivity.
KermMartian wrote:
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
I was more happy about the number of media outlets and tweeps who decided that it was a good thing that Facebook was down and that the event would buoy everyone's productivity.

yeah... but unfortunatly it came back... -.-
KermMartian wrote:
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
Ah, right, good point. Smile

I don't use FB very much myself. Usually it is to check news on some groups I am member of and to contact people I can only reach there.
Facebook seems to be down again. Completely. No Web access, can access via phone though.
It looks fine to me, but http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/www.facebook.com reports that it's "not just you".
hmm, strange, says that for me too...

though, I deleted my facebook so It could be something wrong with non-homescreen pages.....
qazz42 wrote:
hmm, strange, says that for me too...

though, I deleted my facebook so It could be something wrong with non-homescreen pages.....
Good for you, we need more people like you in the world. Laughing I saw a little bit of lagginess and glitchiness, but Facebook always seems a bit unreliable to me at home.
facebook was just one year of getting flamed by a bunch of trolls at my school

>.> I think it is not to subtle why I deleted it
qazz42 wrote:

I don't blame you. I also find it interesting to hear bullying phrased in terms of flaming and trolls.

Sidebar, we were having a discussion of memcached and related tools in a Systems meeting here, and the Facebook downtime that started this topic came up.
I have given up on Facebook more or less and have gotten a twitter. I have just gotten tired of all the people "liking" all these useless groups and wasting my time with their useless game updates.
TheStorm wrote:
I have given up on Facebook more or less and have gotten a twitter. I have just gotten tired of all the people "liking" all these useless groups and wasting my time with their useless game updates.
I don't blame you, I'm starting to get there myself. Unfortunately, it's also still the only way to get in touch with some of my friends.
KermMartian wrote:
TheStorm wrote:
I don't blame you, I'm starting to get there myself. Unfortunately, it's also still the only way to get in touch with some of my friends.
Stop me if I'm stating the obvious, but isn't that because Facebook is a way to manage contact details with your friends (an online address book, if you will) and Twitter is a way of publicly broadcasting short messages with a subscription service (microblogging)?
I agree that that's the intention, but I think Facebook significantly overlaps the microblogging focus of Twitter.
KermMartian wrote:
qazz42 wrote:

I don't blame you. I also find it interesting to hear bullying phrased in terms of flaming and trolls.

Sidebar, we were having a discussion of memcached and related tools in a Systems meeting here, and the Facebook downtime that started this topic came up.

On the internet, my IRl bullies are trolls Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours