Let's all share our excitement or disappointment. Then look back and see how foolish we were.

Go.
facebook is useless, stupid, and crap

the end
I am dissapoint in you Facebook, fix nao plz.
I haven't been on for more than 5 minutes in the past 4 months.
comicIDIOT wrote:
Let's all share our excitement or disappointment. Then look back and see how foolish we were.

Go.
I really couldn't care less other than that it's the only IM medium that Chrystina bothers signing into. Until Trillian is able to reconnect to Facebook Chat reliably, I'll be worried I'm missing talking to her, but other than that I'll be saved from millions of updates about tifreak8x working on his Restaurant City restaurant.

Edit by Merth because "I could care less" doesn't mean the same thing as "I couldn't care less" d:
and my million requests for farmville...
KermMartian wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:

Go.
I really couldn't care less other than that it's the only IM medium that Chrystina bothers signing into. Until Trillian is able to reconnect to Facebook Chat reliably, I'll be worried I'm missing talking to her, but other than that I'll be saved from millions of updates about tifreak8x working on his Restaurant City restaurant.

Edit by Merth because "I could care less" doesn't mean the same thing as "I couldn't care less" d:

Lol, but you just love hearing about all that :p I know deep down you do.
I do, I love hearing about how you got a coffee machine and flour and you gave me walnuts and raisins or something. Very Happy
KermMartian wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:

Go.

I personally use Trillian 5 beta. I think it's amazing!
I use Trillian 5 beta too, but that doesn't make the Facebook chat module in it work any better when Facebook itself is down. Razz
I'm offline on every IM service except Skype because I have seven buddies on Skype. Everyone else has my number or e-mail. Facebook chat just got annoying. I leave my facebook tab open so I can spot new notifications from the page title, not so I can be "available."

As far as facebook being down, it didn't affect me too bad. I was working on my dwindling hard drive space so, I was occupied Razz
I am using TrillianAstra 4.2 build 22 free

its connected to Astra, Windows Live, and Skype..

facebook can go to hell.my mother is addicted to the farm games on there and is always asking me to send her crap..
Ah, luckily I don't have anyone horribly annoying on any of my services, including Facebook, because I am careful to not add them in the first place or to remove them if they reveal themselves as annoying individuals.
Facebook would compromise my dad's top secret security clearance. I don't have one, and am not allowed to have one until I'm over 18. So face book going down doesn't affect me. As for my brother, (over 1Cool he's kinda upset. But he certainly doesn't rely on Face book.
I have a general thing about Facebook where I feel people waste far, far too much of their time staring at it hoping people will respond to them, validate their popularity, etc. I don't like that it's become a substitute for real face-to-face interaction.
I don't have a Facebook and never will barring the occurrence of one or more circumstances.

Doesn't affect me one bit. Razz
Wow guys, I never thought of it the way you guys do.

I also stay offline but the tab open to check for new notifications.
I don't waste my time, but rather make a comment, goto a different site and wait for a reply. None comes, no problem. My first priority is the website in front of me, not Facebook.

I have a small group of friends that I only contact through Facebook, and sometimes Skype. I'ts kind of like "leaving a note" for others, as you don't have to be online for them to see your message. I have friends in other countries too, and the only way to talk to them is either to stay up till midnight and hope they're on, or leave message and talk through Facebook.

I flippin' hate requests for games! I used to play Mafia Wars, and then realized it took up all my time. So I did the right thing and quit. But I STILL get thousands of requests to play or send an item...

Facebook is quite buggy for me as well. A notification will appear at the bottom, I click, and it takes me nowhere. That same notification appears at the top bar, I click it, and there is no notification. I have to refresh the page and click the top bar again to see what it is, click it, and now I am at the new stuff. It might be a Device, browser, OS incompatibility or something, but it only sometimes happens.
i use it is not a fucking waste of time, but as a tool to get my homework from people when I am missing it XD
xXEpicxXXxFailXx wrote:
Wow guys, I never thought of it the way you guys do.
Your usage is decent, but I'd still rather just IM or call the person in question.

xXEpicxXXxFailXx wrote:
Facebook is quite buggy for me as well. A notification will appear at the bottom, I click, and it takes me nowhere. That same notification appears at the top bar, I click it, and there is no notification. I have to refresh the page and click the top bar again to see what it is, click it, and now I am at the new stuff. It might be a Device, browser, OS incompatibility or something, but it only sometimes happens.
Yup, it's buggy, nothing to do about that unfortunately. :S
I wasn't on... Actually, come to think of it I was trying to throw up a status but everything wasn't working. The reason I thought otherwise at first was because I'm rarely heavily interacting with the Facebook website. I don't enjoy staring at the screen doing nothing productive for more then 5 seconds. I do interact with others on Facebook quite a bit because I use Seesmic. Any time I'm on Facebook it's because I'm actively checking on something, or something else possibly productive.

On occasion I'll waste some useless time browsing or doing something, but I rarely waste time on the applications or just staring at the screen waiting for a reply. The minute I become inactive on Facebook is the second I'm doing something else. I abuse the Alt+Tab and Ctrl+Tab key combinations Wink

KermMartian wrote:
I have a general thing about Facebook where I feel people waste far, far too much of their time staring at it hoping people will respond to them, validate their popularity, etc. I don't like that it's become a substitute for real face-to-face interaction.
THIS.

KeithJohansen wrote:
I don't have a Facebook and never will barring the occurrence of one or more circumstances.

Doesn't affect me one bit. Razz
Hehehe <3

EDIT
Damm laptop is messing up and the cursor was on top of the submit button before I could finish...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours