Does anyone know of a linking calc-computer software that works on Windows Vista?
When I had Vista I used TI-Connect, and it worked just fine. This was with 32 bit, and a direct link with an 84+SE. I also think it worked with a silver link and an 83+SE.
What version of TI-Connect? Have a link?
Hmm, I don't remember. You could just try the most recent one, though:
http://education.ti.com/educationportal/downloadcenter/SoftwareDetail.do?website=US&tabId=1&appId=183
ok. thanks.
I use TiLP. TI-Connect would fail to detect my blacklink cable and installs a driver that would BSOD Windows at random moments, so I removed it swiftly!
ACagliano wrote:
Does anyone know of a linking calc-computer software that works on Windows Vista?
I was fairly happy with TI-Connect 1.6, such as it is. Don't forget that if you have a 64-bit operating system you have to apply a 64-bit patch that TI released.
*bump*

benryves wrote:
I use TiLP. TI-Connect would fail to detect my blacklink cable and installs a driver that would BSOD Windows at random moments, so I removed it swiftly!
Wait, you think that TI-Connect is responsible for the random BSODs that my desktop gets daily!? I'll have to try removing it and see if they stop!
KermMartian wrote:
ACagliano wrote:
I was fairly happy with TI-Connect 1.6, such as it is. Don't forget that if you have a 64-bit operating system you have to apply a 64-bit patch that TI released.

Not anymore. They incorporated it into a new release for TI-Connect, just download it.
In my case it was fairly obvious as they started shortly after installing the software and usually referred to ticalc.sys. This was on 32-bit Windows, though (Vista and 2000).
KermMartian wrote:
*bump*

benryves wrote:
Wait, you think that TI-Connect is responsible for the random BSODs that my desktop gets daily!? I'll have to try removing it and see if they stop!

I have not gotten a single BSOD where TI-Connect is concerned on 7. On either my 32bit or 64bit machine. I also use a silver link and not a usb direct link either. Might make a difference.
You can check the dump and see if it references it at all.
merthsoft wrote:
You can check the dump and see if it references it at all.
Looking through my error log, I see hundreds of instances of the Search service stopping, plus something called StarOpen failing to load, but it seems the most relevant thing is a note that the system rebooted from a BugCheck. I'll have to keep tracking this down.
But have you run windbg on the actual memory dump that happens after the BSOD?
merthsoft wrote:
But have you run windbg on the actual memory dump that happens after the BSOD?
Nope, but I'm installing it now (I already had the Win7 SDK, but I was missing some other tools), so I'll let you know what I find.

tifreak8x, thanks for the info about the patch, I didn't realize it had been integrated. Smile
TTTTTIIIIILLLLLLLLLLPPP

TTTTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPP

TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
qazz42 wrote:
TTTTTIIIIILLLLLLLLLLPPP

TTTTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPP

TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
While I appreciate your enthusiasm for TiLP, would you mind instantiating your suggestion with some more specific reasons why he should consider TiLP?
TILP is alot more stable, usefull, and easier to use

also, it can dump ROMs, sync time with your PC

/me runs
qazz42 wrote:
TILP is alot more stable, usefull, and easier to use

also, it can dump ROMs, sync time with your PC

/me runs

TiLP sucks right now with Nspires. I can't transfer a single TNS file. It complains "ticables-WARNING **: usb_bulk_read (could not release intf 0: Invalid argument)."

Precisely, it loses the connection for NO reason after I get a file list, which is required for me to do any transfers. Razz
uhh, yeah, but for nspires I would recommend TI-COMPUTER LINK

it is alot more stable than TI-Connect Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours