KermMartian wrote:
TheStorm wrote:
Yay! Progress, and things looking right.
For serious! Excellent job on the progress, Elfprince!

I seem to have banished the missing faces (which, along with the asplodedness, were side effects of the shoddy algorithm Torque used to translate local->global indices combined with my optimizations into larger combined VBOs). The texture distortion and translation problems are still present, afaict.
Fair enough, but you're at least still making strides in the right direction. I continue to be impressed. I'm less impressed with JoeYoung complaining about the failures of Freebuild as opposed to Minecraft, and looking forward to figuring out what we can offer that's superior to Minecraft (while not taking any ideas, of course).
DShiznit wrote:
Hehe, you continue to make me chuckle aloud. Nice one.
I toyed with the idea of a "myth busted" one, but it didn't seem to fit as well
I think I have the book that the unshooped cover was swiped from.
I have the first 3. Taught me how to hot-wire a car...
DShiznit wrote:
I toyed with the idea of a "myth busted" one, but it didn't seem to fit as well
Yeah, I don't think that that would have fit quite as well, but I'm sure you'll find an instances to use that in the future. Any breakthroughs, elfprince?
Great job, elfprince! I can't wait to see it all done Smile

Btw: turns out that the appearance GUI had (has) a metric sh*t-tone of dodgy functions that I'm trying to clean up atm.
Indeed, in my own projects I'm content to just get rid of it entirely.
CyberPrime wrote:

Btw: turns out that the appearance GUI had (has) a metric sh*t-tone of dodgy functions that I'm trying to clean up atm.
Most excellent, I wish you all the best of luck. What's so dodgy about the functions?
KermMartian wrote:
CyberPrime wrote:

Most excellent, I wish you all the best of luck. What's so dodgy about the functions?

for starters, a lot of them dynamically generate content from the .gui file, which can accidentally be saved with the gui.
DShiznit wrote:
for starters, a lot of them dynamically generate content from the .gui file, which can accidentally be saved with the gui.

These are actually important. Don't clean them out. We should just add a flag to the gui editor that ignores "dynamic" GUI elements. Cleaning up the mess of code in there is a good thing though, just make sure the important bits don't get axed.
Like a tickbox that says dynamic and it ignores anything inside of it when saving.
elfprince13 wrote:
DShiznit wrote:

These are actually important. Don't clean them out. We should just add a flag to the gui editor that ignores "dynamic" GUI elements. Cleaning up the mess of code in there is a good thing though, just make sure the important bits don't get axed.
Hehe, don't want to axe those important bits Smile Although that's one of the nice thing about having version control.
SVN <3

Jimmg: exactly
Fun fact: the LDraw coordinate system is rotated 90 degrees clockwise around the +X axis from the coordinate system used by Torque and OSG (-y is up, +z is forward, rather than +z is up, +y is forward). At least there doesn't seem to be any mirroring.
Flipping axises can't be that hard, all the Milkshape exporters do it...
It's annoying when you have to do it everywhere. Rotations are nicer than mirroring.
well that's certainly true.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 10 of 13
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours