swivelgames wrote:
Wish I could help. Keep up the good work, Elfy!

It looks like it's coming out pretty well Smile

Actually, since this part of things is technically an open source plugin and not part of the engine, you're welcome to help, if you feel comfortable with C++.

Quote:
p.s. I noticed Eisley in your sig!! Very Happy It's always awesome to see my cousin's band's name around! ^^,

Dude, seriously? That's so cool! Courtney wants to know if you'll get us tickets. :p
Courtney is his Monet of a girlfriend in case you couldn't figure that out...
Haha, yeah I'm friends with Courtney as well as Thomas ^^,

elf, I sent you two a message on fb regarding the tickets ;D

And that'd be awesome! What exactly would I be able to help with? I'm not the most experienced C++ programmer.
swivelgames wrote:
Haha, yeah I'm friends with Courtney as well as Thomas ^^,

elf, I sent you two a message on fb regarding the tickets ;D

I saw that, you're super cool. I'll reply tomorrow when I'm done with prob stat.

swivelgames wrote:
And that'd be awesome! What exactly would I be able to help with? I'm not the most experienced C++ programmer.

You can help with anything that uses OSG or Bullet and isn't dependent on the game engine itself. Download yourself a copy of OSG, and see if you can get it compiling in an IDE of your choice (probably VS Express if you're using windows) and I can post the plugins I've been working on to a public SVN via my Assembla account. You can download them and mess about without fear of screwing anything up terribly.

On a progress-related note, I have 3 of the 5 baked meshes in the castle loading correctly.
Swivel, if you want to at some point in the future help me work out how we're going to store and process tracks and keep trains on said tracks, I'd love your help. Smile Elfprince and I did a ton of brainstorming, but we didn't come up with solutions for everything.
Looks like its coming together very nicely.Also will lighting be fixed as well?
[quote="blitz_9100"]Looks like its coming together very nicely.Also will lighting be fixed as well?[/quote Is there something broken with lighting? Ooooh, also, I need to talk to Elfprince about the issue with infinite shadows getting generated in BL-KermCave and how I can avoid that so I can finally release v1.0 of that map.
blitz_9100 wrote:
Looks like its coming together very nicely.Also will lighting be fixed as well?

At the moment, lighting is just turned off, but it shouldn't be hard to turn back on once I make the lightmap generation in-engine play with the nodes I generate in the new plugin.

KermMartian wrote:
Ooooh, also, I need to talk to Elfprince about the issue with infinite shadows getting generated in BL-KermCave and how I can avoid that so I can finally release v1.0 of that map.

Eh?
Because of all the lights that I have in KermCave, bricks cast about nine shadows each. I'd like to figure out what to do (script-wise, I presume, via DynLoad?) to set shadows either off or to sun-only for the KermCave map.
or perhaps extrapolate based on the number and orientation of lights where and how long to draw a single shadow right down the middle...
KermMartian wrote:
Because of all the lights that I have in KermCave, bricks cast about nine shadows each. I'd like to figure out what to do (script-wise, I presume, via DynLoad?) to set shadows either off or to sun-only for the KermCave map.

Changing fields in the datablocks based on mission is actually not built in at the moment, but it would be relatively easy to do so (or to set up a global overriding pref). Pester me about this when I start to work the lighting code into the osg stuff.

DShiznit: unfortunately there are some problems with that, at least by default with the way the OpenGL does lighting.

Woo double post.

Anyway, as you should be able to see, I'm experiencing mild asplodedness from the CSMeshes. At this point the issues I have left to resolve are as follows:

The Interiors themselves:
* (Some) distorted textures
* Missing Faces
The CSMeshes:
* Mild asplodedness. The confusing thing here being that some of the triangles have their corners landing in places that should be completely outside of the mesh. O_o.
* The matrix transformations seem to be squishing them rather than moving them. Any ideas on that?
I'm afraid I have no guidance to offer off the top of my head; I hope you're able to track these problems down sooner rather than later. Sad
Meh, yeah, I'm feeling stumped at the moment, but I may take a break to work on LDraw stuff if nothing strikes me in the immediate future.
elfprince13 wrote:
Meh, yeah, I'm feeling stumped at the moment, but I may take a break to work on LDraw stuff if nothing strikes me in the immediate future.
Sounds good, that's the same way I try to attack my schoolwork. If I get stuck on one assignment, it's a bit of a waste of time to take too much time on one thing instead of moving on to work on something else in the meantime. Smile
If anyone wants to help with OSG componentry, download and setup OpenSceneGraph-2.8.3 (or newer, if available, but that's what I'm running). Then checkout https://svn.assembla.com/svn/fb_osgplugins/ into your src directory (having first backed up the contents of osgPlugins). When it's done, restore all of the plugin sources, except for bsp and png, which will have been checked out of the repository.
*bump*
The skeleton LDraw module is more or less ported over to the osg system, getting ready to give the parser a couple test runs before I start building geometry and trying to make it smarter/faster. If you want to play around, the open source components SVN repo is at revision 5.
Like I was saying about progress in leaps. I had a random hunch that paid off in fixing asplodedness on one front, and I suspect it may lead to fixing the missing faces as well.

Also, I remembered that I need to hint that transparent faces should be binned accordingly.
Yay! Progress, and things looking right.
TheStorm wrote:
Yay! Progress, and things looking right.
For serious! Excellent job on the progress, Elfprince!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 9 of 13
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours