andrepd wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
andrepd wrote:
Congrats to the winners, really inventive entries here, Yumé, Clash of Dimensions (at least I haven't saw anything quite like it on a calc) and the MouseSE. Looking foward to the next contest!
Thanks, too bad you didn't get a chance to participate. I need to convince the remaining entrants to submit their entries to the archives so I can publish a news article containing all the entries. :/

I couldn't think of anything original, unfortunately. Sad And, to be completely honest, the "silly season" laziness was getting on me... Very Happy
Haha, fair enough. Did you eventually find A Simple RPG, though?
Where would I go about getting a userbar for this?
copy the url, go to "edit profile" at the sig you would type

[img]image url here[/img]
From http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=111952#111952 :

Userbars:

KermMartian wrote:
andrepd wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
andrepd wrote:
Congrats to the winners, really inventive entries here, Yumé, Clash of Dimensions (at least I haven't saw anything quite like it on a calc) and the MouseSE. Looking foward to the next contest!
Thanks, too bad you didn't get a chance to participate. I need to convince the remaining entrants to submit their entries to the archives so I can publish a news article containing all the entries. :/

I couldn't think of anything original, unfortunately. Sad And, to be completely honest, the "silly season" laziness was getting on me... Very Happy
Haha, fair enough. Did you eventually find A Simple RPG, though?

yep, it was in the archives. It was really cool and original, loved the 2-button configuration.
Thanks KermM.
SirCmpwn wrote:
Thanks KermM.
Looks very nice, SirCmpwn; congrats on your first userbar. Smile I hope that the other winners have all claimed their userbars?
I have, as you can tell Razz
So, does Jerry support the nspire? (I hope, but doubt)

I can rig up my own adapter. You have no idea how many USB cables we have around here. Does it need to be a mini-b or mini-a plug, or does it matter?
willrandship wrote:
So, does Jerry support the nspire? (I hope, but doubt)

I can rig up my own adapter. You have no idea how many USB cables we have around here. Does it need to be a mini-b or mini-a plug, or does it matter?
The only difference is whether pin 4, the ID pin, is left floating or tied to ground; I can't seem to find any solid information on whether you need to use one of the other.
KermMartian wrote:
Xeno_Cre8or wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Holy hell dude, Pastebin is your friend. I even got a PM on Facebook because of your page-stretching antics.

http://cemetech.pastebin.com/KcKR6sGQ
too bad Pastebin doesn't have TI-BASIC highlighting...
Which is the part with the problems?

the highlighted part.
Maybe my eyes are failing me, but I don't see anything highlighted there.
KermMartian wrote:

Your eyes are not failing you - pastebin didn't keep my highlights when it told me how to do them. Grr. Let me find it.

Edit: Somewhere between lines 69 and 74. And @ang90; seems to be Pastebin's way of doing that list L thing.
Xeno_Cre8or wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Your eyes are not failing you - pastebin didn't keep my highlights when it told me how to do them. Grr. Let me find it.

Edit: Somewhere between lines 69 and 74. And @ang90; seems to be Pastebin's way of doing that list L thing.

Line 69:

Code:
:If 0<max(LP,{-}LS
:Then
:"SWRDEAI"+sub("12",max(LP,{-}LS),1
:real(10,0,1:
:prgmXTMP001
:real(10,1,1
Should have "XTEMP001" instead of "XTMP001".
KermMartian wrote:
Xeno_Cre8or wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Line 69:

Code:
:If 0<max(LP,{-}LS
:Then
:"SWRDEAI"+sub("12",max(LP,{-}LS),1
:real(10,0,1:
:prgmXTMP001
:real(10,1,1
Should have "XTEMP001" instead of "XTMP001".

Thanks, but that's not the fatal glitch - narrowed it down to 71 to 74
Well, it was the fatal glitch for me. Razz I'll fix that in the copy of your program that I have and see what else pops up. Should I leave it as human vs. human, then?
KermMartian wrote:
Well, it was the fatal glitch for me. Razz I'll fix that in the copy of your program that I have and see what else pops up. Should I leave it as human vs. human, then?

Aye
Xeno_Cre8or wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Aye
Ah, it paused once, and never paused again; excellent point. I was greeted with a dimension error, so I'm trying to see where in lines 71-74 that could be occurring.

Edit: Hehe, [A](Q,R) yields a dim error; I think you've run across the dreaded rounding bug. Try:

Code:
[Q](round(Q),round(R
KermMartian wrote:
Xeno_Cre8or wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Aye
Ah, it paused once, and never paused again; excellent point. I was greeted with a dimension error, so I'm trying to see where in lines 71-74 that could be occurring.

Edit: Hehe, [A](Q,R) yields a dim error; I think you've run across the dreaded rounding bug. Try:

Code:
[Q](round(Q),round(R

But Q and R can only be whole numbers between 1 and 7!

But I'll try it...
Yeah, if you disp Q and R, they'll say 3. That's not necessarily their behind-the-scenes true values.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 4 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours