merthsoft wrote:
They already have
Yeah, except for how impossible the processing would be with today's tech.
Not if they each processed their own bit Razz
Mobile cloud computing?
comicIDIOT wrote:
Not if they each processed their own bit Razz
Mobile cloud computing?
Yeah, but how much could you process on each device? With one speaker and microphone, they could just calculate the spherical radius to an object; you'd need the data from several devices to come up with any 3D or even 2D sense.
Google stores several copies of the entire internet in RAM and can search it in fractions of a second.

Pretty sure they got the hardware to spare Wink

The real problem with the dark night thing is cell phones with crappy mics and crappy speakers stored in cases, pockets, or whatever interfering with and distorting the sound.
Funny how half of the active userbase of this forum is in some position of moderatorship Razz
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Funny how half of the active userbase of this forum is in some position of moderatorship Razz
That's not true at all. Go to Omnimaga, where half the active userbase are administrators. Laughing
KermMartian wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
That's not true at all. Go to Omnimaga, where half the active userbase are administrators. 0x5
Not really Razz, there were many times I was online where I was the only admin/staff around (unless you count people with purple nicknames, which have no moderator privileges on the board at all). A lot of the staff have higher post rates than most members, though.

On Cemetech I also notice a lot of non-staff members online at once too when I check.
errr, I confused to where this conversation went...
They're talking about the "Active-User-to-Moderator/Admin" Ratio.
comicIDIOT wrote:
They're talking about the "Active-User-to-Moderator/Admin" Ratio.

Yeah, let's get this back on topic: Kerm should make me an admin.
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
That's not true at all. Go to Omnimaga, where half the active userbase are administrators. 0x5
Not really Razz, there were many times I was online where I was the only admin/staff around (unless you count people with purple nicknames, which have no moderator privileges on the board at all). A lot of the staff have higher post rates than most members, though.

On Cemetech I also notice a lot of non-staff members online at once too when I check.
Ahh, that's probably my confusion then; at Cemetech, the staff generally have the higher post rates too, or else high-posting members end up as staff. Smile
I think that happens at a lot of places though. The people who are more active are usually the ones looked at when someone is needed to step up. Activity isn't everything, but it does help out quite a bit.
rivereye wrote:
I think that happens at a lot of places though. The people who are more active are usually the ones looked at when someone is needed to step up. Activity isn't everything, but it does help out quite a bit.
Absolutely, because (with some exceptions) the people who post frequently tend to be those with a fair bit of knowledge to post about, which in turn is among the traits sought for those in leadership roles.
Orly? In that logic, I should be an admin soon

>:D
qazz: You should be an admin, considering _player1537 is a GMod and you have twice the amount of posts as him
qazz42 wrote:
Orly? In that logic, I should be an admin soon

>Very Happy
Hehe, I carefully qualified that:
KermMartian wrote:
...because (with some exceptions) the people...
Unfortunately, high-posting knowledgeable users often start their careers as high-posting newbies who post often in order to establish their presence, ask questions, and gain knowledge and who will eventually turn into the former category.
lulz, I am only kidding Kerm, I dont want to be an admin

yet

I am still a bit too noobish and have a lot to learn

(also, I am already admin to another site XD)
qazz42 wrote:
lulz, I am only kidding Kerm, I dont want to be an admin

yet

I am still a bit too noobish and have a lot to learn

(also, I am already admin to another site XD)
That would of course be Choose-game, correct? Fear not, if you continue to learn and write quality calculator programs, you will probably one day be promoted. Smile
yep, I need to finish learning TI-Basic by coding an epic RPG

then I shall learn z80 asm
qazz42 wrote:
yep, I need to finish learning TI-Basic by coding an epic RPG

then I shall learn z80 asm
As I suggest many people these days, while it is possible to startup with a RPG as your first real calculator game (unlike what some people claim), do not start too large. My first real calculator game was a small RPG with only one dungeon split into two parts, no shop and very few abilities and monsters.

It took me 7 more RPGs before I finish one that has at least 5 dungeons and a shop.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours