[quote="KermMartian"]
qazz42 wrote:
nah, it just cant be moved too much or I lose connection

other than that, I am more than happy to help
Awesome, that's great to here. Still to do before I release this, hopefully this evening:

Quote:
1) Make each calculator display the score every time either player scores. The left and right calcs will display "Leading N-M" or "Trailing M-N", while the middle calc(s) will display "Left|Right Player Leads","N to M".
Done.
Quote:
1a) Fix paddle hit detection to be more forgiving
Done.
Quote:
2) Add logo and url in splashscreen
Done.
Quote:
3) Disable debug indicator
Done, but then I got confused when it froze, so I brought it back in a more limited form for now.
Quote:
4) Pack up emulator version (with calculator ID populator) and hardware calc version (without that feature)
Not done. Should I post a beta here first?

Also adding a splash and winner notification on Game Over.
beta, beta, beta Razz
qazz42 wrote:
beta, beta, beta Razz
Will do. I'm still working on some final tweaks, like fixing the paddles to be more correct (which I just did) and adding a note of who won at the Game Over screen (which I also just did). I just noticed a bit of oddness with pausing that I need to track down.
cool, I will wait
Is there a link cap on this? o.o
Raylin wrote:
Is there a link cap on this? o.o
Link cap? Can you be more specific about that?

@Qazz: Thanks. Smile
How many calculators can you link at one given time?
Raylin wrote:
How many calculators can you link at one given time?
With CALCnet2.2, an arbitrarily-large number. Because this particular program makes you pretty the number keys to select the calculator's left-to-right position, it's limited artificially to being 9-calculator NetPong, but that's just a limitation of the interface, not of CALCnet.
Sweet!

IDEA!

Platformer with variable heights (meaning the calculator is lower than the one next to it)? Very Happy

Or does CALCnet have a ceiling in code?
Raylin wrote:
Sweet!

IDEA!

Platformer with variable heights (meaning the calculator is lower than the one next to it)? Very Happy

Or does CALCnet have a ceiling in code?
A ceiling of what? It's just data that gets passed back and forth, you could do whatever you want. Screen-spanning is not a built-in feature of the protocol, it's an application built on top, so if you want to do something with screen spanning and a platformer, you can choose to put the calculators wherever you want in relation to each other.
Cool! Very Happy
Raylin wrote:
Cool! Very Happy
Indeed. I also want to explore some of the possible gaming applications that don't require LCD proximity, for example a 4-player game of cards of some kind.
That would me interesting.
Blackjack perhaps?
Raylin wrote:
That would me interesting.
Blackjack perhaps?
Sure, something like that. Card games and the programming thereof aren't really my forté, though, so hopefully someone else will want to code that up/
KermM, due to your negligence in building a USB part for Calcnet2.2, I have to go out and buy myself an I/O cable... Razz

Which one should I buy?

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Link-Cable-TI-83-Plus-TI-84-TI-86-TI-89-TI83-/280551634338?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item41522e35a2#ht_591wt_1139

http://cgi.ebay.com/TI-83-TI-83-Plus-Silver-TI-86-TI-89-Data-Link-Cable-/130424890576?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e5dede4d0#ht_1708wt_982

In theory, you could always hire BrandonW to do the USB implementation. Wink
Do the one that's $4.50 instead of $3 with $2 shipping!
*bump* Looks like there's one problem left - if you pause when the ball is getting transmitted between calcs, the ball will get lost and some calcs will fail to pause. Any suggestions on a fix?
How about not letting you pause when in that area? You could have pausing be disabled during that time, or delayed until it is available again.

To give better suggestions I'll need more info on how the ball program works.

BTW, I can test with an 84+ connected to an nspire once the beta's out.
Awesome. Well, the problem is that the calculator that is about to issue a pause has no way of knowing ahead of time that another calculator is about to try to send a ball screen change packet. The main solution I can think of is be more specific about the packets that are allowed to end a pause, and if a non-un-pause packet is caught from in a pause, the packet needs to be dealt with, then the calculator should ideally re-enter the Pause state.
*bump* For those who want to try it out right now:

http://www.cemetech.net/files/netpong.8xp

Comments?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 4 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours