Wow, those are really good -- some I can't believe are vectors Surprised I have to learn how to use paths someday.
Just some updated fills and a new piece (WIP):

The colors on the latter are a bit funny mainly because there isn't enough context yet to decide what sorts of hue changes will work.
Yes! Two awesome characters from two awesome animes! I'm at least assuming that's Inori on the bottom. It looks like her. Then of course, Tenshi is well done too. I'm wondering where you are going with the hand sonic. Isn't it upside down in that version? Personally, I liked version 1.

Either way, great work!
I've been working on this today:
*bump*

How does that look?
Quote:

If I might ask, does she normally hold double guns like that in the anime she is from, or did you just mix in some Death the Kid in there?
souvik1997 wrote:
*bump*

How does that look?

Very nice vectoring! Is it a trace or a non-referenced sketch? Either way, it's very smooth and polished even without the color. Smile
qazz42 wrote:
If I might ask, does she normally hold double guns like that in the anime she is from, or did you just mix in some Death the Kid in there?

Not my own addition:

But this is more her speed..

qazz42 wrote:
Very nice vectoring! Is it a trace or a non-referenced sketch? Either way, it's very smooth and polished even without the color. Smile

Pretty sure it's a trace, but don't have time to find the source (or something like it) right now..
It's indeed a trace. Here is the source image, which I took from episode 7 of Haiyore! Nyaruko-san at around 5:36.

I've been working on adding color:
souvik1997 wrote:
I've been working on this today:

I asked this in IRC but never got a response:

What is supposed to be holding the blade? I see no hand, just an expanse of black.
The source image I used had that same expanse of black, so I went ahead and traced it exactly like that. I tried adding a hand, but it looked really bad and I deleted it. I guess the original artist thought that the hand was inside a black sleeve and was not sticking out.
Edit: I removed the black border from the hair's shadow.

Unlike my previous traces, I had to draw a lot of this freehand since my source image was too pixelated and dark to see most of the details. I think it came out pretty well overall, but I don't think I will be adding color to it.
Awyeh, Madoka. I should find something good in there that could use a vector.
Pic unrelated.
Almost done with this one:
Nice job Very Happy
I recognize that character, but can't place her.. where from?

I was doing some work on my current vector yesterday as well, reworking the hair mostly. Both the main fill and shadows have some gradients, which ended up looking so nice that I had some difficulty working on it later because I ended up just staring at the nice fills..
Quote:
I recognize that character, but can't place her.. where from?

Toradora!. Specifically, that's Taiga and Ryuuji.
Edit: Some updated fills and a vectorized background.

I really like the eyes on this one.

I think the shapes of the eyes could be better but it would be really hard to change without completely re-doing both eyes, including recoloring them.
Quadruple post!

So far it has 669 paths.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours