» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
The deadline for Cemetech Contest #7 has come and gone, roughly twelve hours ago at midnight EDT, and I'm excited about all the entries to the contest, listed below. At this point, Rivereye and I, the two contest judges, will be drawing up an official rubric for grading based on our pre-contest discussions, then applying it to each program. At the end, we will compare notes, rank the programs to pick the winners, and then combine our notes into a composite critique for each program. A news article will then be posted announcing the winners, those eligible will be awarded their userbars and prizes, and each prize-winner will be individually notified to work out details of the prizes. We estimate that the judging will take a approximately one week, possibly less, possibly more. As far as we know, since no entry has been cross-posted to the Omnimaga Contest, it will not be necessary for us to withhold entries until September 15th, so as soon as grading is announced, we hope that the entrants will released their entries to the general public in the Cemetech Archives and elsewhere!

Entries were received from:

BrandonW (ASM): USB Mouse shell expansion (SE).
KeithJohansen (Hybrid BASIC): Yumé I, an RPG/adventure game.
Qazz42 (Hybrid BASIC): TI-Mail 1.4, a link chat program.
Raylin (Pure BASIC): A Simple RPG.
SirCmpw (ASM): AxeAssist, a program to help with creating Axe programs.
Souvik1997 (Hybrid): Reminder, a calendar and event program.
Svakk (Hybrid: MFDCSP, "My Flashy DCS Program"
xXEpicxXXxFailXx (Hybrid): Clash of Dimensions, an RPG/adventure game.

The entrants put in heroic efforts to complete their entries, including two last-minute entries, one of which was begun two days before the deadline, one of which had to be rewritten from scratch a mere hour beforehand, others submitted halfway through the contest, one re-emailed roughly 42 times after bugfixes and improvements, and one that was submitted days after the contest was originally announced. Good luck to everyone, and regardless of who wins and places, all the the entrants deserve praise and applause for their efforts and skills.
What a Mötley Crüe of entries. I loled at the "heroic efforts". Now we just gotta wait...

Let's say the person who remailed 42 times might have something to do with the number 42...
xXEpicxXXxFailXx wrote:
What a Mötley Crüe of entries. I 0x5 at the "heroic efforts". Now we just gotta wait...
Well, you guys can always collect your Participant userbars while you wait for the verdicts. Smile If you want, you can also buy me five each of these two items:

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail&name=H2955-ND
http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail&name=AE9923-ND



Or alternatively, five of these to cut apart:


I also need to find a good-sized enclosure for these; I'll probably have to head to a 99-cent store to search.

EDIT: Fixed second IMG tag - TheStorm
That's about 10 bucks (If your savvy, less).
Somebody's hungry for USB parts.... Wink

Anyway, good luck to all the contestants! Smile
I agree. Good luck to all (other) participants.
C-c-c-c-combo breaker. I also agree. I wish all of you the best of luck.
alberthrocks wrote:
Somebody's hungry for USB parts.... Wink

Anyway, good luck to all the contestants! Smile
Yeah, because the A-mini plugs I have don't make calculators happy, and I don't have enough A female sockets. Both are to build the power injectors for the 2nd and 3rd place prizes, of course. Smile
Kerm, I thought the results would be out by Tuesday, but in your post it says it will take a week to judge the entries.
souvik1997 wrote:
Kerm, I thought the results would be out by Tuesday, but in your post it says it will take a week to judge the entries.
Wait, did I say the results would be out by Tuesday? If so, then I guess I'll have to make it so.
I do remember that...
KermMartian wrote:
The deadline for this contest will be 11:59:59pm Eastern Time, Sunday, September 5th, 2010. The results of the contest will be announced by the morning of Tuesday, September 7th...


This is a quote from when you first announced it back in June.
xXEpicxXXxFailXx wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
The deadline for this contest will be 11:59:59pm Eastern Time, Sunday, September 5th, 2010. The results of the contest will be announced by the morning of Tuesday, September 7th...


This is a quote from when you first announced it back in June.
Well, then that's what's going to have to happen! Smile I'll get on the horn with Rivereye atm and hopefully get my grading done today in between CALCnet2.2 work. Smile
Great! Now I don't have to wait as long. If at all possible, could you get the results out before 6:30 eastern time, because that's when I goto school, and I don't wanna have to wait until I get home. You did say "by" Tuesday morning. If you can't that's fine.
xXEpicxXXxFailXx wrote:
Great! Now I don't have to wait as long. If at all possible, could you get the results out before 6:30 eastern time, because that's when I goto school, and I don't wanna have to wait until I get home. You did say "by" Tuesday morning. If you can't that's fine.
I'll see what I can do, but remember that I start my first classes for my PhD on Tuesday, so I'm pretty stressed getting ready for that. Razz
oh, i have been waiting so much for these.

On a side note: i Love mirage. I now love Doors. Doors hates Mirage. Epic battle on my calculator is taking place.
happybobjr wrote:
oh, i have been waiting so much for these.

On a side note: i Love mirage. I now love Doors. Doors hates Mirage. Epic battle on my calculator is taking place.
MirageOS hates Doors CS too. Laughing May I ask what MirageOS offers you that Doors CS does not that's keeping it on your calculator? Smile
Wow I can't wait to try those out! Nice to see there were lots of participants. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
xXEpicxXXxFailXx wrote:
Great! Now I don't have to wait as long. If at all possible, could you get the results out before 6:30 eastern time, because that's when I goto school, and I don't wanna have to wait until I get home. You did say "by" Tuesday morning. If you can't that's fine.
I'll see what I can do, but remember that I start my first classes for my PhD on Tuesday, so I'm pretty stressed getting ready for that. Razz


Yeah, I understand, whatever you can do is fine.
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
Wow I can't wait to try those out! Nice to see there were lots of participants. Smile
Definitely, thanks. Smile I'm also looking forward to trying out the entries in the course of grading, and I'm sure some of them will stay on my calculator afterwards.

@EpicFail: Thanks, I'll definitely try my hardest, though, as I always do. Razz
  
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 10
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Advertisement