I think enemies would be your largest issue.

Considering how there were many maps that would have 3 or 4 different types of enemies, with around 7-10 enemies, that all act different from one another.

Weapons on the other hand, the only ones that would be challenging at worst, are the ones that shoot things. (sword with full health, bow, etc.)
MufinMcFlufin wrote:

Considering how there were many maps that would have 3 or 4 different types of enemies, with around 7-10 enemies, that all act different from one another.

Weapons on the other hand, the only ones that would be challenging at worst, are the ones that shoot things. (sword with full health, bow, etc.)

You are forgetting all the triggers the weapons set of, like the "eye" you shoot with a bow, and I would have to reduce the number of enemies, or have a couple waves of them.
Sonlen wrote:
MufinMcFlufin wrote:

You are forgetting all the triggers the weapons set of, like the "eye" you shoot with a bow, and I would have to reduce the number of enemies, or have a couple waves of them.
Ugh, that doesn't sound fun to program at all; good luck with it. Sad So you're going to pick this up once you finish TIFreak8x's program-in-progress? It seemed to me that there was still a ton of stuff to do on that; correct me if I'm wrong.
KermMartian wrote:
Sonlen wrote:
MufinMcFlufin wrote:

Ugh, that doesn't sound fun to program at all; good luck with it. Sad So you're going to pick this up once you finish TIFreak8x's program-in-progress? It seemed to me that there was still a ton of stuff to do on that; correct me if I'm wrong.

I am thinking of picking this up at that time, but it depends on if I think I am truly ready for something from scratch.
And right now I might have been finished with FFME, but I wanted to add on, "spice it up a bit".
I like the idea of continuing to improve it and spice it up; I hope that you continue to pursue that. I look forward to you keeping working on this project after that, though.
KermMartian wrote:
I like the idea of continuing to improve it and spice it up; I hope that you continue to pursue that. I look forward to you keeping working on this project after that, though.

Nothing to worry about, I am going to get this done later, that is a promise.
Sonlen wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

That's great to hear, I'll eagerly await your work on it, then.
KermMartian wrote:
Sonlen wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

That's great to hear, I'll eagerly await your work on it, then.

It will be when I am done with FFME, though no telling when I will, as I am trying to "spice it up" quite a bit.
Yup, no rush. I think it's nice to have two projects going sometimes though in case you get stuck on one, so you can use the other one to pick up the slack on your free time.
KermMartian wrote:
Yup, no rush. I think it's nice to have two projects going sometimes though in case you get stuck on one, so you can use the other one to pick up the slack on your free time.

After I finds the files for it again... Surprised
Sonlen wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

After I finds the files for it again... Surprised
Oh no, what did you lose the files for? Sad I hope it's nothing as permanent as Raylin's loss of his Flash drive.
Data loss really sucks. This is why I remind people to backup often. Sadly, though, data loss sometimes occurs at the wrong moment, like during an actual backup attempt.
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
Data loss really sucks. This is why I remind people to backup often. Sadly, though, data loss sometimes occurs at the wrong moment, like during an actual backup attempt.
Aye, that's why you need redundancy and backups of your backups on a bunch of media, in a bunch of locations. Smile Sonlen, did your files turn up yet?
KermMartian wrote:
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
Aye, that's why you need redundancy and backups of your backups on a bunch of media, in a bunch of locations. Smile Sonlen, did your files turn up yet?

Well 90% of anything I made for that(including backups and whatnot) were taken and stored in zips, which means I have a lot to go through just to find the right LoZ zip, as I have a few for many other LoZ stuff that has nothing to do with this project.
I hope you're backing them up somewhere else, like on DVDs or another computer or a Flash drive or something, and not just zipping them up on the same computer.
Yeah, people tell themselves to backup, but they only backup on their computer or the same calc. Hardware failures can happen.
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
Yeah, people tell themselves to backup, but they only backup on their computer or the same calc. Hardware failures can happen.
Indeed, hardware faiilures of everything happen. I believe in backing up your calculator to your laptop, your laptop to your desktop, your desktop to your server, your server to DVDs, as much as possible in as many places as possible to ensure that one or a few hardware failures won't remove un-replicated data.
Too many backups equal out-of-sync data.
Raylin wrote:
Too many backups equal out-of-sync data.

1) Nothing wrong with stale data, it's better than no data
2) Then automate the process
3) Again, some data is infinitely better than no data.
KermMartian wrote:
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
Indeed, hardware faiilures of everything happen. I believe in backing up your calculator to your laptop, your laptop to your desktop, your desktop to your server, your server to DVDs, as much as possible in as many places as possible to ensure that one or a few hardware failures won't remove un-replicated data.

What about using an online backup?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 15 of 16
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours