AA batteries
 33%  [ 1 ]
AAA batteries
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other batteries.
 66%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3

So, this is one of the polls for OTARM.

So, let's hear it. AA or AAA batteries. Remember, this is for the ARM OTCalc, not the z80.

Polls end September 17, 2010.
Neither. I want a lithium-ion or lithium-polymer battery; can you add each of those, neither of those, or simply an "other" option to the poll?
How expensive would a LiPo battery be? Would it justify the cost? Would it last long? Would it make it better than an AA battery? Smile

I just want to see how it would balance out.
alberthrocks wrote:
How expensive would a LiPo battery be? Would it justify the cost? Would it last long? Would it make it better than an AA battery? Smile

Oh, I think it would totally pay for itself in a very short while, especially in the ARM calculator. Even a one-off unit from something like Sparkfun costs about $20 for the larger-capacity battery, which isn't bad when you consider how many AAs or even AAAs you'd need to feed this thing.
KermMartian wrote:
alberthrocks wrote:

Oh, I think it would totally pay for itself in a very short while, especially in the ARM calculator. Even a one-off unit from something like Sparkfun costs about $20 for the larger-capacity battery, which isn't bad when you consider how many AAs or even AAAs you'd need to feed this thing.

True, but what about a backup battery? You can't just replace it with your run-of-the-mill battery here.
Backup battery? You mean like the calculator's button cell, or a replacement main battery? The former is not necessary imho, other than a possible supercap for the purposes of time retention, and the latter would be easily done by the user by swapping out the lithium cell.
KermMartian wrote:
Backup battery? You mean like the calculator's button cell, or a replacement main battery? The former is not necessary imho, other than a possible supercap for the purposes of time retention, and the latter would be easily done by the user by swapping out the lithium cell.

Yeah, but what i'm saying is that you couldn't just grab 4 AAA and put them in and have them work. So, if your battery dies in school, it's not like you can easily replace the batteries.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours