Update 2/13/2012: File-sending and app-sending is now fully functional. File receiving from the emulator is in progress.

Two weeks ago, I formally announced my jsTIfied emulator project, aiming to create a fully-useable TI-83+ emulator purely in Javascript and HTML5. I had started the project six weeks earlier, and as of that article, the emulator was working well in a private beta. Sporadically over the past two weeks, I have tweaked and modified the emulator, adding features such as loading a new ROM, an attractive skinned mode with associated realistic LCD rendering and a clickable keypad, and integration into the Cemetech templating and user system. I am happy to release jsTIfied as a preliminary public beta to the general public, with a few caveats. The functioning features:

:: A full-featured TI-83+ emulator, written entirely in Javascript and HTML5
:: Client-side ROM and state storage to save bandwidth and solve the legal hurdles of an online emulator.
:: Proper emulation of interrupts, flash, hardware quirks, LCD latency, and other attributes of the real hardware.
:: Skinned and unskinned mode

There are also many planned but as-yet unimplemented features:

:: Integration into the SourceCoder online TI-BASIC IDE, including importing/exporting SourceCoder projects to/from jsTIfied.
:: globalCALCnet (gCn) support
:: Importing/exporting programs, files, and apps to the user's hard drive
:: Loading files directly from the Cemetech/ticalc.org archives.

I hope that you'll give jsTIfied a try as soon as possible, give me feedback (especially when run in browsers other than Firefox), and enjoy! Note: remember that distributing ROMs is illegal. Do not ask for or offer ROMs to any other members, on the forum or privately.

Try It Out
jsTIfied, a (free) online Javascript TI-83+ emulator

PROGRAM:A
:"0"
:prgmB

PROGRAM:B
:{0→u(nMin)

I see it's inherited all the lovely quirks. Very Happy
Weregoose wrote:
PROGRAM:A
:"0"
:prgmB

PROGRAM:B
:{0→u(nMin)

I see it's inherited all the lovely quirks. Very Happy

O_o what does that do?
*Carefully scoots out of this topic and starts another.*
So how's everyone doing with trying out jsTIfied? Thus far the only real complaints I heard, other than Weregoose pointing out that I had the [right] key mapped incorrectly, were problems using the wrong kinds of ROMs with it.
It seems a bit on the slow/laggy side in Chrome. But it's looking great so far Very Happy
tifreak8x wrote:
It seems a bit on the slow/laggy side in Chrome. But it's looking great so far Very Happy
It depends on both the browser and computer. On my laptop and desktop, it goes between 2x and 3x realtime in Firefox, except when cache flushes cause weird and annoying lag spikes. I haven't tested it extensively in other browsers yet.
Well, I don't think my computer is the issue, it runs everything else quickly enough :p

and I believe benryves also mentioned speed issues in Chrome?
tifreak8x wrote:
Well, I don't think my computer is the issue, it runs everything else quickly enough :p

and I believe benryves also mentioned speed issues in Chrome?
Would you be so kind as to test on the same computer in Firefox and/or Internet Explorer to see how it looks?
http://tifreakware.net/images/jstifiedIEerror.jpg

That is what it looks like in IE9

Edit
Firefox is super slow for me :<

Chrome is almost usable, Firefox is a definite no.
Let me echo on the slowness in Firefox. It feels like I'm having to communicate with a server with each button press.
It works with the ROMs that WabbitEmu generates. Smile It's a little too slow to be usable, though, and the file loading isn't working.
Seems to work well in Opera 11 on my Mac, other than some apparent conflicts with keybindings.
Again, works super-fast in Firefox for me, even with my relatively weak tablet PC's specs and graphics. Yes Souvik, file loading is not yet implemented. elfprince13, what conflicts? Weregoose, do you have a billion tabs open? Any other browser do better for you, or you only use Fx?
Ah, I see, file loading isn't implemented yet; I seem to have slipped over that part of the post. I'll try it in Firefox later to see if that improves the speed.
KermMartian wrote:
Again, works super-fast in Firefox for me, even with my relatively weak tablet PC's specs and graphics. Yes Souvik, file loading is not yet implemented. elfprince13, what conflicts? Weregoose, do you have a billion tabs open? Any other browser do better for you, or you only use Fx?

Fn keys.
elfprince13 wrote:
elfprince13, what conflicts?
Fn keys.[/quote] Weird, Firefox lets the page override the Fn key functions if it cares to catch them.
Google Chrome...jsTIfied seems to load the ROM file well, as well as play and pause, but the keypad and the load file buttons do nothing.

System Specs:
Google Chrome for Mac, Version 16.0.912.77
Mac OS X version 10.7.2
Javascript enabled.
I'm not sure what to tell you about the keypad; have any other Chrome users run into this? As far as the file loading:

First Post wrote:
There are also many planned but as-yet unimplemented features:
[...]
:: Importing/exporting programs, files, and apps to the user's hard drive
[...]
This doesn't work in IE8, I'mon my dad's computer so I have not tried it in chromium, opera, or firefox. It looks pretty good though. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 8
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours