Progress?
souvik1997 wrote:
Progress?
Is this what you are referring to? If so, I did say it was complete in the same, linked post.
Bug report:
If I have replied in a thread, I see Edit links next to _every_ post in that thread, even if the post isn't mine.
What happens when you click on the edit link? I am unable to replicate this bug using StyleTestAccount.

Edit: Oh wait. I read the report wrong. I'll test this out.
Do the edit links appear after posting?

Edit blah blah blah
Nope, still unable to replicate this bug.

Souvik, are there any possible conditions you can think of? I'll try a few, such as editing the post, and see what I get.

So, I was able to get this. The edit link under comicIDIOT takes me back to the StyleTestAccount post.

Here:
http://db.tt/NjyuAix
I'm still waiting for working code blocks in Cemetech Mobile Smile Also, if you are using a desktop client (like I am), and start posting, you get an error on every pressed key saying "storeCaret is not defined". The fix is to use Firebug or something similar and type "storeCaret = function(){}" into the console. And, FWIW, I am still all for the adding of another variable in the URL to see code blocks how they were, or maybe to click a button to toggle the visibility of that code block.

Edit: Oh yeah, and if there is any chance that it could get the buttons at the bottom that do Moving, Splitting, etc (for mods+), that would be great Smile
Fa sho. The code blocks will require work from Kerms end, as they'll likely need to set individual variables or cookies or just something global. And, I'm partial on the mod links (split, move, etc) as I'm not sure how often I'd use them on my phone. But, for those using this on a desktop. It'd be nice. Agreed. I'll add those.
On the projects page, everything still shows up with the red background. See also: http://www.cemetech.net/projects/item.php?id=30
_player1537 wrote:
On the projects page, everything still shows up with the red background. See also: http://www.cemetech.net/projects/item.php?id=30
I just got around to checking this today, and. Oh dear. Hopefully an easy fix. I haven't eyed the source for a while; I'll open Coda and fix that on Wednesday.
_player1537 wrote:
Which reminds me that I need to nag you about the CSS ladders or take the time to work on them myself, ComicIDIOT. Smile Also, not to make your life difficult, but I updated search_results_topics.tpl in Cemetech6, and you'll probably want the new section I added at the top in Cemetech6mobile. Thanks comic!
I don't see anything new in the Search section. What specifically did you add?

I'll started removing the CSS ladders, but quickly got tangled in my own mess and ended up reverting back to an older version of C6M, but that was months ago. I really should have been more generic with my CSS classes, as I was mildly-specific about everything.
How are these things coming along: code blocks, the broken Javascript on the posting page (storeCaret), buttons to move topics, and the Projects pages with the red background. (It just occured to me that you said Kerm will have to do some work with code blocks). Thanks Smile
I've been sadly neglecting it. It's summer and my hours at work are once again back anywhere between 4 and 15. I'll get to as much of this as possible.

The broken JS is related to the redirect after posting? Technically the javascript isn't broken, it just isn't present in C6M. Anywhere that I can immediately think of. I could likely do a php while loop and after so many seconds do a redirect that way, but I want to avoid using JS in such a light version of Cemetech.

A few years down the road when all phones are either Android or iPhone, javascript will be included.

I can hop on Move Topics and the Projects Pages tonight. The first two will require some Kerm Smarts, but I should be able to handle the PHP but at the same time may need to edit the forum PHP rather than a template. Kerm would know for sure I imagine, I'll chat it up with him.
Took a break from some cleaning and got around to fixing the projects page. Writing this from C6M and I see that the Message Box isn't white anymore. Unsure why, but I'll fix that too. Moderator Buttons should be added around the same time.

Fixing the Projects took more time than I thought. Implemented a temp/sloppy fix; there's no denying the CSS has to be re-written.
Thanks for your continuing work on this, comicIDIOT. Is there anything I can do to help speed this along for you?
KermMartian wrote:
Thanks for your continuing work on this, comicIDIOT. Is there anything I can do to help speed this along for you?
Some sort of show/hide for the code blocks and redirection after posting.

Those are both normally javascript, is there anyway they could both be done in PHP? If so, can it be done with the template or only through modification of the forum PHP files?
I think you can do div show/hiding in pure CSS, but you might need a small amount of Javascript. I'm only thinking about the client side; that's where the hard part is going to be.
KermMartian wrote:
I think you can do div show/hiding in pure CSS, but you might need a small amount of Javascript. I'm only thinking about the client side; that's where the hard part is going to be.
You can do show hiding in pure CSS with hover attributes, but not clicks iirc. CSS doesn't provide an interface for that iirc.

Page 7 of 16
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours