15:32:21 (C) qazz42: perhaps I will ask him if I get the chance
15:32:13 (C) qazz42: hmm, it seems that BrandonW managed to get pongOS onto a TI-84, I wonder how..

I didnt feel like typing it again Smile
qazz42 wrote:
15:32:21 (C) qazz42: perhaps I will ask him if I get the chance
15:32:13 (C) qazz42: hmm, it seems that BrandonW managed to get pongOS onto a TI-84, I wonder how..

I didnt feel like typing it again Smile
Understandable; maybe he'll even notice the mention of his name and respond here! Smile
cool, I hope
qazz42 wrote:
cool, I hope
So apparently he never saw this, but I think BrandonW has been entirely immersed in his PS3 jailbreaking work, so we'll have to poke him once he recovers from that.
Yeah, from what I remember, those OSes started being worked on before the TI-84+ even existed. I still remember CSX project from the early days of United-TI. There was another OS in the works called DragonOS, I believe, but I never saw any real sign of progress on it.
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
Yeah, from what I remember, those OSes started being worked on before the TI-84+ even existed. I still remember CSX project from the early days of United-TI. There was another OS in the works called DragonOS, I believe, but I never saw any real sign of progress on it.
Ohhhh yeah, I remember hearing about that one back in the day, but I think the only screenies I ever saw were mockups. Vaporware, most likely. :/
>Smile KOS will be great, I can feel it
qazz42 wrote:
That reminds me, I haven't seen a lot of progress lately, but I think that's because SirCmpwn is grounded again.
Probably.. poor SirCmpwn..

Oh well, he is gone from that hitler house in a few months I hope
KermMartian wrote:
qazz42 wrote:
That reminds me, I haven't seen a lot of progress lately, but I think that's because SirCmpwn is grounded again.
Yeah :/

I can't wait until he can get out of where he lives.

That said, I wonder if the grounding includes calc or just the computer... maybe he's doing some progress on his projects including KOS right now. On that note, I tried KOS on my old 83+ and it seemed to work well, although it didn't do a lot, visually.
qazz42 wrote:
Probably.. poor SirCmpwn..

Oh well, he is gone from that hitler house in a few months I hope
I doubt it, I think he'll be there for at least this senior year. :/
Qazz, I had PongOS on my 84+SE for a day or two Very Happy
You'll need rabbitsign and the signing keys (specifically the 0A key for the 84+(SE))
ohhhhhhhh, really?

I didnt know that....
Yeah. RabbitSign (url: http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/420/42035.html) is necessary because the OS needs signed, and the 0A key is the 84+(SE) OS signing key. (05 is the 83+(SE) one)
I can post a small tutorial Smile
calcdude, I know how to use rabbitsign
qazz42 wrote:
ohhhhhhhh, really?

I didnt know that....
Wait, I thought you did know that and you tried it, based on our discussion earlier in this topic. Razz Thanks calcdude. Smile
yeah, but I need it signed in a way so that it works for the TI-84

If I use the 0A key only it gives me an error
Now I'm confused.
Haven't read the topic actually Razz
Do you still need help sending PongOS or CSX to your calc?
Edit: That's a yes. Writing tutorial elsewhere now...
yeah, ok, give me your toutorial
Not really a tutorial Razz
If you have an unsigned .8Xu (or a previously signed one), just run this line (stolen from my OS build file)

Code:
rabbitsign -t 8xu -k 0A.key -K 0A -g -p -r os.8xu

Where os.8xu is the unsigned OS.
Some of these flags are probably extraneous, but it works Very Happy
Edit: fixed typo. Be aware that the key file also needs to be in the current directory.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours