everytime I try to send it TI-Connect claims that the OS needs to have a cirtificate

I think that it needs to be signed, how would I do that using rabbitsign? It seems rabbitsign will claim I need "0004.key"

you know, now that I think of it, mabey CSX isnt compatible with the TI-84+SE
Try tilp and tell us if it worked
TILP can't send OS'S it times out right as it begins >_<
You can get the keys from brandonw.net.

Then copy the keys into the same folder as Rabbitsign (for convenience), and run Rabbitsign with the "-k 04.key" command.
qazz42 wrote:
TILP can't send OS'S it times out right as it begins >_<
*TiLP can't send OSes; it times out right as it begins. >_<

And as TC01, keys from BrandonW, then TI-Connect will probably work.
but, how would the Key help? As in, how will I utilize it to make TI-Connect work?
qazz42 wrote:
but, how would the Key help? As in, how will I utilize it to make TI-Connect work?

One of Rabbitsign's features is the ability to resign something (if ran with the -r command, I think). This alters the contents of the file based on the key.

So in the case of CSX, it will take a flash OS not properly signed and output a signed *.8xu file.

This is needed for TI-Connect because TI-Connect checks OSes and flash apps it's sending to make sure they are properly signed. The reason TI-Connect probably isn't working is because CSX is not signed (because the keys weren't factored when it was made).
TC01 wrote:
qazz42 wrote:

One of Rabbitsign's features is the ability to resign something (if ran with the -r command, I think). This alters the contents of the file based on the key.

So in the case of CSX, it will take a flash OS not properly signed and output a signed *.8xu file.

This is needed for TI-Connect because TI-Connect checks OSes and flash apps it's sending to make sure they are properly signed. The reason TI-Connect probably isn't working is because CSX is not signed (because the keys weren't factored when it was made).
That's very kind of you (and thorough and also correct) to explain, TC01, although if it was me I might have simply suggested an RTFM. Smile
awsome, cant wait to try it out!
qazz42 wrote:
awsome, cant wait to try it out!
Good luck, I hope it works out for you. Smile
kk

Just to be sure, this is what I put in the command prompt

Code:
rabbitsign -o CSXS.8xu CSX.8xu

does that look right?
qazz42 wrote:
kk

Just to be sure, this is what I put in the command prompt

Code:
rabbitsign -o CSXS.8xu CSX.8xu

does that look right?
No, as TC01 already said, you need to use the -r switch. Check out this screenshot:

http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/383/38392.html

You'll need to do rabbitsign -r -o CSXS.8xu CSX.8xu
awsome, thanks Kerm, TC01
qazz42 wrote:
awsome, thanks Kerm, TC01
Sure thing, glad it worked out for you. Smile
GAH! Nope, it wont work
Turns out to be that neither TILP or TI-Connect will send CSX, though they will send real TI OSes

Guess what? Turns out to be that it won't work because CSX, pongOS, etc was made for the TI-83+

Not the TI-84+
qazz42 wrote:
GAH! Nope, it wont work
Turns out to be that neither TILP or TI-Connect will send CSX, though they will send real TI OSes

Guess what? Turns out to be that it won't work because CSX, pongOS, etc was made for the TI-83+

Not the TI-84+
Ah, that could be a problem. Razz I'm sure you could edit the source to work with an 84+, recompile, and send... Although at this point, to be honest, I think that's more a waste of your time than anythingh.
Yep, I agree, I give up....
qazz42 wrote:
Yep, I agree, I give up....
Good call. What was your intent in putting a third-party OS on your calculator, anyway? You know that none of them are fully-functional, right?
I wanted to try out CSX

Other than that, no reason in particular. Except perhaps try the inbuilt calcsys on CSX

SirCmpwn, you better make KOS work for the TI-83+ and the TI-84+ Razz
qazz42 wrote:
I wanted to try out CSX

Other than that, no reason in particular. Except perhaps try the inbuilt calcsys on CSX

SirCmpwn, you better make KOS work for the TI-83+ and the TI-84+ Razz
I'm sure he will, and in fact I'm more or less positive that both he and Eeems have 84+/SE calculators.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours