Login [Register]
Don't have an account? Register now to chat, post, use our tools, and much more.

What is better the Palm Pilot, Texas instuments, or Casio
Palm Pilot
 11%  [ 1 ]
Texas Instruments Calculator
 77%  [ 7 ]
Casio Calculator
 11%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9

What Should I purchase: the touchscreen multi-tool Palm Pilot, a Texas Instruments Calculator, or a Casio Calculator?
Alpha&Omega wrote:
What Should I purchase: the touchscreen multi-tool Palm Pilot, a Texas Instruments Calculator, or a Casio Calculator?


Is there a new Pilot out? I was under the impression that the Pilots are all older. Upon further research, I found that there is a "Palm" phone out that was just recently released. I assume that's not what you're talking about given you specified the Pilot.

I don't have any experience with Casio calcs (save a small, solar-powerd scientific calc), and Pilots aren't really replacements for graphing calculators.

So, I guess the best question to ask is what you're planning to do with it.
I have a ti-81, ti-82,ti-83 plus,ti-84 plus,ti-84 plus silver edition,ti-84 plus ce, ti-nspire cx cas, and a ti-92 plus. I am a ti-calculator collector, and I can tell you that ti is my favorite group of calculators, just because it is very recognizable by teachers, and the TI calculators are all very similar, and ti is pretty easy to learn how to use. Also, MateoConLechuga created something called toolchain, to where you could put C Programs on the ti-84 plus CE. (Awesome feature of the CE).

If you are considering getting only a ti-83/84 plus, then I feel like you will be behind in technology, just because the design is about 15 years old. I don't think buying a ti-84 will last you through high school and college. It's like buying an iphone 4, while the iphone XR is out.

If you want to get a calculator, (my personal opinion), then get a ti-84 plus CE.

I don't own any casio calculators, so I am totally bias towards TI. If anyone reading this forum owns casio calculators, then give your point of view.
dunlavdy wrote:
If you are considering getting only a ti-83/84 plus, then I feel like you will be behind in technology, just because the design is about 15 years old. I don't think buying a ti-84 will last you through high school and college. It's like buying an iphone 4, while the iphone XR is out.

This is just wrong. The regular 84 will do just fine, it is very similar to the CE in terms of math ability. It will work just fine for math class. It also has the advantage of being much cheaper second hand, I got mine for about $50.

No matter what, though, I would recommend TI.
Jeffitus wrote:

This is just wrong. The regular 84 will do just fine, it is very similar to the CE in terms of math ability. It will work just fine for math class. It also has the advantage of being much cheaper second hand, I got mine for about $50.

No matter what, though, I would recommend TI.


I do agree. I am just bias toward the CE, because it is the best calculator I have ever had. I stated the reasons my last post in this forum. The ti-84 is very functional, too. It's not like it was made in 1903.
  
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Advertisement