bama87 wrote:
Hi. I am a Chemical Engineer by graduation, computer enthusiast by self education. It started at University with a KIM-1 board (6502) and a, yes, TRS-80. I remember hacking an HP-31CV and a HP-71B. Magnetic strips and all... I build my own Linux/FreeBSD boxes. Learned assembler for 6502 but not much else and that was a few decades ago. Zilog-80 is new and my Ti-84Plus CE, tipce right? Wore out a Atari-2600 in the day, no I do not still have it. I have a ton to learn, that's why I bought the calculator!

Roll Tide Roll Very Happy

Welcome! Another bama person yay
Hi, I'm jonakeys (Jonathan) from The Netherlands. For some years I've been using my TI-Nspire CX while studying computer science at the OpenUniversity in my free time. Been using Linux as long I can remember and love computers. My interest has programming and I'm a beginner towards intermediate in C++ and Java. Now learning the ropes with TI-Basic and ASM on the calculators. Quite a challenge, but I like it and I make steady progression! Thanks for the resources on this page, they helped me a lot. Currently I own a TI-Nspire CX, TI-84 Plus and a TI-84 Plus CE-T. And a fun fact; my occupation is social worker =)
Hi, I`m David and a beginner in programming TI-Basic.
I`m on Cemetech, because here in Germany are not many other TI-coders.
In Cemetech I can also improve my english-knowledge.
I`m learning and learning TI-Basic and want to program in future also
fast games in ez80. (I have a TI 84+ 84 CE-T)
But until now I only know how assembly programs are running on a calculator or other machine.
jonakeys wrote:
Hi, I'm jonakeys (Jonathan) from The Netherlands. For some years I've been using my TI-Nspire CX while studying computer science at the OpenUniversity in my free time. Been using Linux as long I can remember and love computers. My interest has programming and I'm a beginner towards intermediate in C++ and Java. Now learning the ropes with TI-Basic and ASM on the calculators. Quite a challenge, but I like it and I make steady progression! Thanks for the resources on this page, they helped me a lot. Currently I own a TI-Nspire CX, TI-84 Plus and a TI-84 Plus CE-T. And a fun fact; my occupation is social worker =)

o/

I hope you get around to posting about some of your projects over on the forums, I and many others will be eager to see them :)
DAVID-19 wrote:
Hi, I`m David and a beginner in programming TI-Basic.
I`m on Cemetech, because here in Germany are not many other TI-coders.
In Cemetech I can also improve my english-knowledge.
I`m learning and learning TI-Basic and want to program in future also
fast games in ez80. (I have a TI 84+ 84 CE-T)
But until now I only know how assembly programs are running on a calculator or other machine.

Welcome to Cemetech :D

We have a significant international presence here on the forums- it's one of my favorite parts of this site. While I am a native English speaker myself, I doubt that even I would be as competent as I am today without Cemetech.
Hi! My name is Aarush, a student who is learning Terminal and Python code in Linux(Windows is my enemy). I'm going in High School, so I needed a graphing calculator for class. I decided to buy a Ti-84 Plus CE calculator. When I realized that these calculators could do so much more than 2+2, I found Cemetech. I play Electric Guitar and Tennis. Im not very good at TI-Basic but I have some skill in ASM. I now have a small collection of calculators, the ti 84 plus CE, Ti Nspire II CAS, The ti 83 and 84 plus, and a few more. I hope to make some cool arse games here and have some fun playing around with ASM.
Oh wow.
I know well about TI Basic and I don`t know about programming in ASM.
And you know about ASM and don`t know well about TI Basic.

Smile
Lol, yes, I wanted to learn ASM first because I thought it was cooler at the time Razz
I need to learn ASM to increase my possibilities.
Y'all should learn C before ASM.
Yeah, both languages are fun to learn. How do you add a profile picture in Cemetech? I could not find the option. Yeah, Mateo probably would have benn a good idea Wink
arusher999 wrote:
Yeah, both languages are fun to learn. How do you add a profile picture in Cemetech? I could not find the option.

Edit profile near the bottom under Avatar control panel.

Welcome to Cemetech, arusher999 and DAVID-19!
There we go, thanks!
Thanks for the nice welcomes!

Hmm ... yes. Maybe I should learn first C.
I read some code examples and it looks more easier in comparison to ASM,
because the commands are looking more like human language.
For ASM you need deeper unterstanding of what happens in a processor.
I agree, you need lots of big-brain power.
Hi, I'm jxu. I'm just another person who got his start programming TI-BASIC on my calculator while bored in middle school. It's been a decade since then and I am now pursuing graduate education in statistics, but I still have an interest in low-level programming and in particular assembly.

I have known about this site for a long time, way back when Blockdude and other games were all the rage in school. I think what motivated me to post was watching The 8-Bit Guy's videos starting a few years ago and noticing the ubiquity of BASIC on old computers. Retro Game Mechanics Explained also gets a big shoutout for reigniting my imagination. I imagine some of the best programmers in the world got their start writing BASIC on an 8-bit machine like the Commodore 64 or ZX Spectrum, and it's funny in a way that I got my start from similar humble beginnings. I don't have any of those machines, but I do have a TI-84 SE and TI-89 Titanium which I am very fond of. Tbh I don't know where they are currently as I haven't used them since high school as none of my college math classes ever required a calculator.

I have not written that much BASIC or assembly actually. I learned BASIC from my TI-84's calculator manual and the most substantial program I have written is a tiny text adventure that is 800ish bytes and a bunch of if statements. My assembly experience is a small amount of x86 and MIPS code golfing. Despite this, it's always been a dream of mine to one day commit to making a great game or program entirely in assembly. It would be cool to do it for my calculator, but I don't know if there is good documentation on all the hardware functions. When I checked a few years ago the situation seemed bleak.

Other than programming I have an interest in some lego stuff and also minecraft, which seems to be a common theme around here. I've been part of a redstone server called ORE (formerly RDF) for about 8 years and I occasionally made interesting builds, which you can find on my youtube (this maze gen probably the most interesting thing I've made https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBSenG_1BXQ). When the semester is over I may get back into it, maybe.
Hello
Hello world!
I like writing add-ins for the 90+E (fx-CG50 French equivalent) and arguing about Basic Casio.
Cemetech looks like a very nice community, you are the kind of forum that makes me wish I had a TI. Although I'm mostly active on Planète Casio I came by to see what cool stuff you're doing. I may talk a bit about my projects here if I feel comfortable and if they are welcome here.

For now, I'll lurk.
Hellow,
I'm Massena, and I'm currently a writer for Planet Casio.
I don't like so much writint code, I prefer making graphical assets and funny stuff like this. Cemetech seems to have a lot of interesting projects so I will keep an eye here :3
I'm also a very bad english speaker so I'll lurk too
Great to have you guys on board!

Feel free to lurk on the chat (IRC or discord) also!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 142, 143, 144 ... 146, 147, 148  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 143 of 148
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours