Login [Register]
Don't have an account? Register now to chat, post, use our tools, and much more.
Hi! I'm Jordan, a high-school student who's been enthused by TI-Basic for a year or two and am looking to go further.
I enjoy Java and Python work, as well as working with Arduino, but, when I can't use a mobile device in class or don't have a computer available, I'll teach myself how to write simple utilities on my TI-84 Plus.
jrmann100 wrote:
Hi! I'm Jordan, a high-school student who's been enthused by TI-Basic for a year or two and am looking to go further.
I enjoy Java and Python work, as well as working with Arduino, but, when I can't use a mobile device in class or don't have a computer available, I'll teach myself how to write simple utilities on my TI-84 Plus.

Welcome to Cemetech!

If you have the time and inclination to post, we'd love to see and maybe help you improve your simple utilities and your Arduino and computer projects!
It might be a bit late, since I've already been here for a little while, but I'll introduce myself anyway. So...

Hi, I'm Cameron! I'm currently in 8th grade, and I really like coding (duh). I've been coding for around 5 years, and I first started learning at Khan Academy. Did anyone else start there? If you don't know, Khan has a processing js compiler, and that is where I did the majority of my coding for the first couple of years. Then I started using python, and just continued learning more and more from there. I've done all sorts of projects in all sorts of fields, from creating a website with Django, to making a chatbot with a neural net (and then putting said chatbot on said website), to hardware projects with Arduino and raspberry pi.

I had to get a graphing calculator this year for my math class and immediately learned ti-basic. I'm now learning assembly, and my biggest project right now is working on a shell for the ti 83/84 plus.

I also play guitar, and that and coding are basically my only hobbies.

So far, this forum has been awesome, and I hope to get to know the people on it! Smile
Hello!
I'm Gregg C Levine. I first picked up a TI Calculator a number of years earlier, when the chap behind Small Robots responded to a fellow's problems regarding connecting a Parallax BASIC Stamp 2 device and the TI Calculator in question. It was a TI83Plus design. I still use his ideas to confirm that I'd correctly setup a newly unpacked one of those. I first encountered our hosts at Maker Faire several years earlier. And naturally I'm now interested in the furthering of how to properly use ArTICL to connect the Calculator to an Arduino [insert name] device and then do so stuff with it.

As it happens I'm an accomplished fan/supporter/participant of Doctor Who and Star Trek and Star Wars, just not all the time.....

Grokking the code behind how the Stamp spoke to the Calculator was the easy part, it used the Red and Black or copper leads. Here? More later.
Heyo!
I am Pendragon Wachtel, 15 years old, and I've finally been directed to Cemetech after a long search for a fix to a minor bug a few days back. I've found the time to register and introduce myself, so I'm glad I can finally be a part of this long-lasting community! I've been programming for about 4 1/2 years, and TI-BASIC going on one (although DarkBASIC was the first language I ever learned, which was out of an old book my dad had from college, so I do understand the principles of BASIC, and have picked up easily on TI). I am highly experienced in Batch, after having sat down on an old school computer for an hour after school 3 times a week, and I needed something to do. I've dabbled in PHP, JavaScript, and CSS, but otherwise I have the standard knowledge of Python and C# (saying HTML would be a detriment, although I do know it fairly well). I'm currently expanding my knowledge of TI-BASIC and taking up Assembly. I've done one hardware project with a Raspberry Pi in the past, but I was no good with it (at least at the time). This is getting fairly long, but I hope this gave some insight as to who I am. See you all around!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 139 of 139
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours