owm111 wrote:
The SAX thing told me to introduce myself here.

I own a TI84+CE and have recently taken an interesting in scripting with it (nothing useful though), which prompted me to make an account here. Non-calculator things that I do are web design/development and running an tech support business.

Nice!

As for your scripts/programs not being useful, they clearly entertained you long enough to make them, which is pretty much the only reason I do calculator programming; I find it entertaining.

No matter how insignificant or small it may seem, it's always worth posting, as others may learn from it, and other people could help make it better!
I've got a TI84PCE, I'm interested in aeronautics, program in TI-BASIC and know enough eZ80 asm to make Cesium (V2.1.1) make a prgmB instead, and am waiting (patiently) for DoorsCE. Other that that, that's all! Smile

Worked at the Userbars and made them work!
KermMartian wrote:
I've noticed a lot of new users coming in and lurking on SAX. Come on, make a post and introduce yourself! What brings you to Cemetech? Are you a programmer, or are you looking to learn? If so, what language(s) do you know or want to learn? Are you a BASIC coder, an ASM coder, or perhaps even an Axe coder? If not, what can we help you with? Do you know about Doors CS/Doors CSE? What kind of calculator do you have? Do you have computer programming experience? Any cool projects you have going?

Whatever you think would be good for us to know about you as a brand-new Cemetechian, we'd love to hear.
I am a coder, and I know basic Python coding, basic Rbx-Lua coding, and I'm pretty good at Ti-Basic, CSS, and HTML. I have made 2 computer games and 4 calculator games. I have a Ti-84 Plus CE and a Ti-83 Plus.
I am looking at setting up the C SDK to program in C for the CG50. I have some previous experience in C++.
Hey guys. My name is James. I program a lot in my spare time. I am fluent in Python and C++ in particular, but not very well in TI-Basic and Asm.
Hey, fellow cemetech members. I mastered BASIC on my ti83 plus. My computer is too paranoid to open tasm80(?), so I've had a hard time trying to learn assembly. Sad

Help would be wonderful! Smile
JamesW wrote:
Hey guys. My name is James. I program a lot in my spare time. I am fluent in Python and C++ in particular, but not very well in TI-Basic and Asm.
Hey, welcome to Cemetech! I'm a little worried about your name since I know I'm going to confuse you with JamesV, another member here. Razz
I think you'll be able to pick up TI-Basic fairly quickly since you know Python and C++, I'd suggest looking into learning C though. Since you know C++, our C expert here (MateoConLechuga) said you can pick up C fairly easily. Also, C can do so much more than BASIC can. Wink

Dynamite 0712 wrote:
Hey, fellow cemetech members. I mastered BASIC on my ti83 plus.
I look forward to competing against you in the next Cemetech Contest!
I'm sorry I can't help you with your issue, you should make a topic! Very Happy
Hi,
I'm a programmer with a thing for retro 8-bit computers. I write C++ for a living but in a free time I do some assembler programming. Mostly Atari 800XL and TI-83 (non plus version). I'll be posting some of my projects soon. Hope you'll like it.
Hello, I'm an active member of TI-Planet.
I'm also a programmer, who likes all programming language, especially calculators programming language.
I have a lot of calcs, I'm a collector.
I don't know what I can add to talk about myself. If you want to know more about me, tell me.

P.S:
Is it possible to change my username? Thank you (change to Ti64CLi++)
Hi, I am a student who spends too much time programming or playing games on his calculator. I've spent a great deal of time with Casio's BASIC on my Prizm as well as some time with JavaScript. I plan on making Add-ins when I can.
Hi, I am a ninth-grade student with a ti84 plus ce and too much time on my hands. I want to start to learn ti basic, but I have about zero experience.
21tmccauley wrote:
Hi, I am a ninth-grade student with a ti84 plus ce and too much time on my hands. I want to start to learn ti basic, but I have about zero experience.

You can look at KermPhD's book, "Programming the TI-83 Plus/TI-84 Plus", or around the forum to look at others' posts and ask questions.
jcgter777 wrote:
21tmccauley wrote:

You can look at KermPhD's book, "Programming the TI-83 Plus/TI-84 Plus",http://manning.com/mitchell, or around the forum to look at others' posts and ask questions.

Or, you could teach most of it to yourself, I did that in ~1 school year, mostly through trial and error. Also, we, like jcgter777 said, are here to help ourself and others, so feel free to ask questions. Looking through other people's BASIC programs to see how they work, and tweaking them is a great idea to help you get started. If you do decide to share the modified program, just PM the author(s) of the file, they will usually say yes. Same with porting programs (making monochrome TI-BASIC programs work on the color screen BASIC calcs) is an example. One such program is this. I had to look inside to figure out how it worked, and after I did that, I thought of a few methods to make it colored and bigger. Good luck, and most importantly, HAVE FUN!!
Or... you could start with a proper tutorial and refer to the Command Index Smile
Hello,

My name is Jay. I am a student(graduating soon so please everyone hold the applause), I've realized that calculators can do a bunch of cool stuff so I'm looking to learn more about my baby. I have no coding experience but I'm willing and that counts right?

Peace
Hey, welcome to Cemetech! I'm glad you're willing to learn some programming!
If you're looking to start learning BASIC, a great tutorial is the TI BASIC starter kit and refer to the Command Index if you don't know what a command does. Smile
Hello! I'm a 7th grade student that takes 8th grade science. I have a TI-84 Plus CE and I emulate other calculators, too! Currently, I am coding a simple customizable room in TI Basic. (It saves as a picture when done, too!) Very Happy
Hey NoaxPrime, Welcome to Cemetech!

We have some great tutorials and resources here for the various languages you can use to program the CE. I recommend checking out PT_'s Ice Compiler (https://www.cemetech.net/scripts/countdown.php?/84pce/asm/programs/ICECompiler.zip&path=archives), a basic-like language that can be used to create very advanced programs.

Good luck, and happy coding! Very Happy
Hello World, Cemetech ! Very Happy

I'm very new here but an active administrator on Planète Casio, just like this fellow here.

I have a sharp experience at C programming and fx-9860G development, and have written some add-ins and low-level software for this platform. I'm now trying to get into fx-cg50 development due to Casio having announced the end of monochrome add-ins ( :-' ) , and maybe port some of my libraries from the monochrome world.

However Planète Casio doesn't have many Prizm developers, and most of the knowledge is on WikiPrizm, so I figured this would be the best place to start my research.

Looking forward to it, guys. I will have a lot of questions so get ready! Very Happy
Hello everyone.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 130, 131, 132 ... 146, 147, 148  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 131 of 148
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours