hello, i am slightly new (I have a ti 84 plus ce) and I was wondering about were I should go to learn BASIC
Welcome to Cemetech, Nero_the_Necro! There are several places where you can learn TI-BASIC, including TI-Basic Dev, our Cemetech Learn section, the Programming the TI-83 Plus/TI-84 Plus book by KermMartian, and much more. You can also learn by looking at the source of other programs in our Archives, or look around at ticalc.org. Hope this helps, and happy coding!
I don't think I formally introduced myself yet...
Anyways I am fluent in C++, HTML, JavaScript, Xcode/Swift, and TI-Basic. I am somewhat familiar with Python and PHP, and I'm learning z80 assembly.
I am mainly interested in learning z80 because it is probably the hardest out of all the languages listed above, and I hope to build massive physics and calculus programs in the near future.
Sorry for the late post, as I suffer from the most common disease in teenagers: "procrastination-itus"
Nero_the_Necro wrote:
hello, i am slightly new (I have a ti 84 plus ce) and I was wondering about were I should go to learn BASIC

Welcome to Cemetech! There are a few sources to help out, which PT_ listed above, but I would say the best way is to just write some code. The thing with ti-basic is that it is pretty easy to understand, so by writing some code, you can figure out how the commands work. Afterwards, you may want to share your code to see how it can be improved and learn even more from that. I think that's kind of the way most of us learnt ti-basic Smile
prgmTrouble wrote:
I don't think I formally introduced myself yet...
Anyways I am fluent in C++, HTML, JavaScript, Xcode/Swift, and TI-Basic. I am somewhat familiar with Python and PHP, and I'm learning z80 assembly.
I am mainly interested in learning z80 because it is probably the hardest out of all the languages listed above, and I hope to build massive physics and calculus programs in the near future.
Sorry for the late post, as I suffer from the most common disease in teenagers: "procrastination-itus"

Don't worry, you're not the only one that has procastination-itus Very Happy. Nice to have you here on Cemetech!
Thank You! Very Happy
Hello everyone! Thought after a couple years of poking in and out of the website I would finally make an account here and join in on the fun. I am an electrical and computer engineering student, who ends up tinkering with whatever I find. I was thinking of possibly designing my own calculator from scratch since I end up using mine for a hell of a lot of work and they are really expensive. So of course, that put me over the edge in creating an account here.
Welcome to (posting on) Cemetech, bit0fun, and glad you finally made the jump from lurker to member! I look forward to seeing what you have in mind with the calculator that you want to create; please post a topic in the Your Projects subforum when you're ready.

Edit: You ninja'd me by ten minutes. I see you made a topic already; good work!
Hi all,
I joined earlier today and have already made 2 posts (one on ptune2 and the other on pover).
I have a casio prizm and have been teaching myself casio basic with help from the manual. I also tried to teach myself c++ a while ago and it failled , but I might try again so I can make games! I like how respectful everyone is here!!
Nice to meet you PiPerson! We are glad to have you here on Cemetech. I don't know much about Casio's, but I'm sure some other members will be more than happy to help. Very Happy
Thanks! Very Happy
Welcome everyone! We're so happy you're here.
Hi! I got my first graphing calculator, a TI-84 Plus CE, in late 2015 and have been dabbling with TI BASIC programming ever since. Now that I have discovered ICE v1.5, I feel like my programs are headed to the next level. I have released Fractal Grapher https://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&id=1564 and look forward to receiving feedback so I can become a better programmer. When I’m not programming, I enjoy mathematics and seeking out people to scramble my various Rubik’s cubes.
LogicalJoe wrote:
Hi! I got my first graphing calculator, a TI-84 Plus CE, in late 2015 and have been dabbling with TI BASIC programming ever since. Now that I have discovered ICE v1.5, I feel like my programs are headed to the next level. I have released Fractal Grapher https://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&id=1564 and look forward to receiving feedback so I can become a better programmer. When I’m not programming, I enjoy mathematics and seeking out people to scramble my various Rubik’s cubes.

Whoo, welcome to Cemetech! Glad you are around now Smile
Very nice you have a CE, because in my opinion it's the best calculator for programming (and math..), you have BASIC, ASM, C, ICE, and some ASM libraries. Glad you picked up ICE, if you have any suggestions and/or questions, feel free to post in the right topic.

Also, your fractal program looks really nice, I only heard it was a bit slow... Wink Well, you can always ask for help in the TI-BASIC subforum, and maybe you will speed up your program like insane Very Happy

I love math as well (I'm studying math), and in the past, I did a lot with my Rubik cubes.

Have a great time here!
Nero_the_Necro wrote:

Well Nero_the_Necro if you need help with basic I'd be willing to help. Actually any newcomers who need come to me. I going to make a ti basic help thread so get help there. Very Happy
Redston_1 wrote:
Nero_the_Necro wrote:

Well Nero_the_Necro if you need help with basic I'd be willing to help. Actually any newcomers who need come to me. I going to make a ti basic help thread so get help there. Very Happy

Me too. Perhaps we could work together on that Laughing
I just recently joined, I have been very interested in programming lately and I wanted to learn how to program assembly programs for the ti 84 plus ce
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
Redston_1 wrote:
Nero_the_Necro wrote:

Me too. Perhaps we could work together on that 0x5

Good idea Idea Very Happy
john35588 wrote:
I just recently joined, I have been very interested in programming lately and I wanted to learn how to program assembly programs for the ti 84 plus ce

Wonderful! If you're starting from ti-basic, I'd recommend learning C or maybe even ICE before attempting ASM. ASM is completely different from ti-basic, C and ICE are kind of like stepping stones after that, ASM should make a bit more sense. If you already know some non-calc languages, or other assembly languages, then ez80 asm should not be too hard.
Welcome to Cemetech, if you run into any questions during your coding journey, you should make a topic!
As a new programmer with TI-Basic (prior BASIC experience), and avid sailor,I have interest in applications to navigation in particular celestial.
Currently working on a project on this issue on a TI-84+.
Any directory with programs related to this topic will be appreciated (I do not want to reinvent the wheel).
Thanks and fair winds.

MACF24

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 125, 126, 127 ... 146, 147, 148  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 126 of 148
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours